Saturday, June 10, 2017 - Wednesday, July 12, 2017.
Open Water Swim Workouts
Lake Phalen Beach, St. Paul, MN
- Supervised Open Water Swim Workouts in Lake Phalen
Saturday June 10, June 17, and July 8
- 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM Check in and instructions
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Swim workout
Wednesday June 21 and July 12
- 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM Check in and instructions
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM Swim workout
Two courses offered: You can complete the courses multiple times within the scheduled hour. Courses are subject to change.
- Approximately 900 yard triangular course across lake
- 100–300 yard beach course
Course will be monitored by certified lifeguards.
Courses will be marked with large orange buoys.
Coaching for beginner course will be offered by certified swim coaches and experienced open water swim volunteers.
All participants will receive and be required to wear a free swim cap.
Swim may be cancelled due to inclement weather. No refunds available. Credit card processing by ClubAssistant.com Events.
You must check in with volunteers upon completing your swim so we know you are safely OUT of the water.
All abilities welcome from beginners, to triathletes, to experienced open water swimmers.
Must be over age 18 and a United States Masters Swimming (USMS) member or covered by a trial membership or one-day registration (see below for details).
A complimentary 30 day trial USMS membership will be offered to first time non USMS members.
Trial membership can be found here
. Please turn in the trial membership paperwork to a volunteer prior to entering the water.
For any subsequent workouts after 30 days, you must become a registered USMS member or complete a one-event registration form
($20 fee in addition to cost of workout).
Online registration will close three days before each workout.
Same-day registration will be based on availability.
$10 per workout
Credit card processing by ClubAssistant.com Events.
Volunteers swim free with USMS membership! Volunteer information and registration can be found here
What to bring with you
- Upon arrival, please sign in with a volunteer with your USMS membership number.
- Swimsuit and/or wetsuit. (Wetsuits are optional. The water temperature will vary throughout the summer.)
- Inflatable swim buddy if you have one