You are reserving a spot for Open Water Swim Workouts at Lake Phalen
Saturday, June 9, 2018 - Wednesday, July 11, 2018.
Open Water Swim Workouts
Lake Phalen Beach, St. Paul, MN
- Supervised Open Water Swim Workouts in Lake Phalen
Saturday June 9, June 16, and June 30
- 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM Check in and instructions
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Swim workout
Wednesday June 20 and July 11
- 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM Check in and instructions
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM Swim workout
- Two courses offered: You can complete the courses multiple times within the scheduled hour. Courses are subject to change.
- 900 yard triangular course across lake
- 100–300 yard beach course
- Course will be monitored by certified lifeguards
- Courses will be marked with large orange buoys.
- Coaching for beginner course will be offered by certified swim coaches and experienced open water swim volunteers
- All participants will receive and be required to wear a free swim cap
*Swim may be cancelled due to inclement weather. No refunds available.
- All abilities welcome from beginners, to triathletes, to experienced open water swimmers.
- Must be over age 18 and a United States Masters Swimming (USMS) member or covered by a trial membership or one-day registration (see below for details).
- Register at minnesotamasters.com
- A complimentary 30-day trial USMS membership will be offered to first time non USMS members.
- Trial membership can be found here. Please turn in the trial membership paperwork to a volunteer prior to entering the water.
- For any subsequent workouts after 30 days, you must become a registered USMS member or complete a one-event registration form ($15 fee in addition to registration cost).
- Online registration will close three days before each workout.
- Same-day registration will be based on availability.
What to bring with you
- $15 per workout:
- June 9 Registration
- June 16 Registration
- June 20 Registration
- June 30 Registration
- July 11 Registration
- $50 for all five swims
- $40 for three swims
- Volunteers swim free with USMS membership! Volunteer information can be found here.
After completing your swim:
- Upon arrival, please sign in with a volunteer with your USMS membership number.
- Swimsuit and/or wetsuit. (Wetsuits are optional. The water temperature will vary throughout the summer.)
- Inflatable swim buddy if you have one
- You must check in with the Phalen Open Water Swim Practice volunteer(s) upon completing your swim, so we know you are safely OUT of the water.