You are reserving a spot for Open Water Swim Workouts at Lake Phalen
Saturday, June 9, 2018 - Wednesday, July 11, 2018.
This Event has closed. Please try another Event.
Supervised Open Water Swim Workouts
Lake Phalen Beach, St. Paul, MN
Saturday June 9, June 16, and June 30
- 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM Check in and instructions
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Swim workout
Wednesday June 20 and July 11
- 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM Check in and instructions
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM Swim workout
- Two courses offered: You can complete the courses multiple times within the scheduled hour. Courses are subject to change.
- 900 yard triangular course across lake
- 100–300 yard beach course
- Course will be monitored by certified lifeguards
- Courses will be marked with large orange buoys.
- Coaching for beginner course will be offered by certified swim coaches and experienced open water swim volunteers
- All participants will receive and be required to wear a free swim cap
*Swim may be cancelled due to inclement weather. No refunds available.
- All abilities welcome from beginners, to triathletes, to experienced open water swimmers.
- Must be over age 18 and a United States Masters Swimming (USMS) member or covered by a trial membership or one-day registration (see below for details).
- Register at minnesotamasters.com
- A complimentary 30-day trial USMS membership will be offered to first time non USMS members.
- Trial membership can be found here. Please turn in the trial membership paperwork to a volunteer prior to entering the water.
- For any subsequent workouts after 30 days, you must become a registered USMS member or complete a one-event registration form ($15 fee in addition to registration cost).
- Online registration will close three days before each workout.
- Same-day registration will be based on availability.
What to bring with you
- $15 per workout
- $50 for all five swims
- $40 for three swims
- Volunteers swim free with USMS membership! Volunteer information can be found here.
After completing your swim:
- Upon arrival, please sign in with a volunteer with your USMS membership number.
- Swimsuit and/or wetsuit. (Wetsuits are optional. The water temperature will vary throughout the summer.)
- Inflatable swim buddy if you have one
- You must check in with the Phalen Open Water Swim Practice volunteer(s) upon completing your swim, so we know you are safely OUT of the water.
Registration is not available at this time.