Supervised Open Water Swim Workouts
Lake Phalen Beach, St. Paul, MN
Saturdays June 15 and June 29
- 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM Check in and instructions
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Swim workout
Wednesdays June 19 and July 10
- 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM Check in and instructions
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM Swim workout
- Lake Phalen Beach, 1000 Wheelock Pkwy E, Saint Paul, MN https://www.stpaul.gov/deparxtments/parks-recreation/aquatics/phalen-park-beach
- Parking is available in the Phalen Beach parking lot.
- Locker rooms will be available before and after workout. Locker rooms will be locked during the workout.
- Two courses offered: You can complete the courses multiple times within the scheduled hour. Courses are subject to change.
- 900 yard triangular course across lake
- 100–300 yard beach course
- Course will be monitored by certified lifeguards
- Courses will be marked with large orange buoys.
- Coaching for beginner course will be offered by certified swim coaches and experienced open water swim volunteers
- All participants will receive and be required to wear a free swim cap
*Swim may be cancelled due to inclement weather. Please check the Minnesota Masters Swimming facebook site for weather updates. No refunds available.
- All abilities welcome from beginners, to triathletes, to experienced open water swimmers.
- Must be over age 18 and a United States Masters Swimming (USMS) member or covered by a trial membership or one-day registration (see below for details).
- Register at minnesotamasters.com
- A complimentary 30-day trial USMS membership will be offered to first time non USMS members.
- Trial membership can be found here. Please turn in the trial membership paperwork to a volunteer prior to entering the water.
- For any subsequent workouts after 30 days, you must become a registered USMS member or complete a one-event registration form ($20 fee in addition to registration cost).
- Same-day registration will be based on availability.
What to bring with you
- $15 per workout
- $40 for three swims
- Volunteers swim free with USMS membership! Volunteer information can be found here.
After completing your swim:
- Upon arrival, please sign in with a volunteer with your USMS membership number.
- Swimsuit and/or wetsuit. (Wetsuits are optional. The water temperature will vary throughout the summer.)
- Inflatable swim buddy if you have one
- You must check in with the Phalen Open Water Swim Practice volunteer(s) upon completing your swim, so we know you are safely OUT of the water.