Tuesday, October 1, 2013 - Monday, March 31, 2014.
: Participants pick ONE of 5 goal distances to complete within the 6 month time-frame. After sign up, the swimmer will receive a swim log form to keep track of their yardage. Distance categories are listed below. Swimming anywhere, open water or pools counts for yardage. Distances swum in meters can be converted to yards at http://www.calculateme.com/Length/index.htm
1) 50 miles, Lake Mead, Nevada - 88,000 yards: averaging 3,382 yards per week
2) 100 miles, Belfast to Portland, Maine - 176,000 yards: averaging 6765 yards per week
3) 150 miles, Lake Erie, Ohio - 264,000 yards: averaging 10,150 yards per week
4) 200 miles, North Carolina Coast - 352,000 yards: averaging 13,530 yards per week
5) 250 Miles, Oregon Coast - 440,000 yards: averaging 16,712 yards per week Awards
: The person that completes the distance and submits their swim log FIRST will receive a $40 gift certificate from Kiefer Swim Shop and Kiefer gift certificates will be awarded for 2nd - 5th place in each category. More prizes may be added depending upon participation levels for each category. A prize winners' mileage CANNOT BE higher than the average for the next higher distance category. If you are unsure about which category to choose, contact the entry chairman.
If you need to cancel, please do so as soon as possible. Refunds will be full price less processing fees. If you need to cancel please send an email to email@example.com or contact U.S. Open Water Swimming Connection.