Friday, March 4, 2016 - Sunday, March 6, 2016.
WALNUT CREEK MASTERS
INVITES YOU TO
THE 29TH ANNUAL INTENSIVE TRAINING CAMP
March 4-6, 2016
Sanctioned by Pacific Masters Swimming for United States Masters Swimming
This training camp is 2-1/2 days dedicated to enhancing your competitive swimming performance through strenuous conditioning, stroke and distance specificity, and stroke technique instruction, all in an atmosphere conducive to serious swim training.
There will be two in-water training sessions per day. The morning practice will be a general conditioning session, with afternoon sessions split into Distance Mid-Distance, and Sprint specialties. Mid-Distance and Sprint practices will be very accommodating to both freestyle and all non-free strokes. Here the coaching staff will strive to meet your specific needs in training for your best events.
Each morning session will conclude with a hearty breakfast.
Optional Stroke Schools will be conducted Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday.
*****TriLabs will supply all our underwater videotaping, the absolute best look at your stroke mechanics. The ITC staff will provide comprehensive analysis during the camp, and you will be given the opportunity to download your video when you get home.
Other camp highlights include lectures, and, at a nominal cost, massages and a Saturday camp dinner.
The 2016 Coaching Staff will consist of:
- Kerry O’Brien, Mike Heaney, Debbie Santos, Steve Stahl and Lisa Ward, coaching staff of the World Champion and USMS Team of the Year Walnut Creek Masters
- Roque Santos, 1992 US Olympian in the 200 Meter Breaststroke
- Brian Stack, Head Coach of the Manatee Masters and the 1997 Pacific Masters Coach of the Year
- Stu Kahn, Head coach of the Davis Aquatic Masters and USMS Coach of the Year
- Sunny Blende, Sports Nutritionist and contributor to the USMS Swimmer Magazine
The ITC is not the place to begin your training, but to continue it at perhaps a higher level. By registering, you are confirming the fact that you are in good physical health, have been competitively training for at least 8 weeks, and are capable of training twice per day (approximately 6,000 to 8,000 yards).
The ITC is open to all 2016 USMS registered swimmers. Applications will be taken on a “First Come” basis. Space will be limited to 50 participants. The fee for the camp is $300.00. Saturday night optional camp dinner and optional massage are additional. Online entry is paid by credit card to ClubAssistant.com Events.
WALNUT CREEK MASTERS
2016 INTENSIVE TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE
Friday, March 4, 2016
Saturday, March 5, 2016
- 10:30 & Noon Optional Walnut Creek Masters Workouts
- 5:30pm ITC Registration & Welcome
- 6:00 to 8:00pm Freestyle and Backstroke Schools; Classroom and In-Water Time
Sunday, March 6, 2016
- 8:45 - 10:30am Morning Practice Session
- 10:30 - 11:45am Breakfast
- 1:00 - 5:00pm Massages Available
- 1:00 - 2:30pm Breaststroke Schools
- 3:00 - 4:15pm Sprint Workout Session
- 4:15 - 5:30pm Distance and Mid-Distance Workout
- 6:30 - 8:30pm Optional Camp Dinner
- 7:30 - 8:30am Butterfly School
- 8:30 - 10:15am Morning Practice Session
- 10:30 - 1:00pm Breakfast & Videotape Review
- 1:00 - 3:00pm Nutrition Lecture
- 3:15 - 4:15pm Full Body Check-Ups for all four strokes
- 4:15 - 5:30pm Choice of Practices
- 5:30 pm Done – GREAT JOB!!!
If you have any questions, please contact Kerry O'Brien, Walnut Creek Masters: firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 956-8656.