You are reserving a spot for USMS National Coaches Clinic
Friday, June 5, 2015 9:00 AM
Sunday, June 7, 2015 12:00 PM
This Event has closed. Please try another Event.
Get Educated & Have Fun!
U.S. Masters Swimming and the Coaches Committee present a National Coaches Clinic
Nashville, Tennessee, June 5 - 7 , 2015
Coach Scott Bay, YMCA of Central Florida Masters and current Chair of the Coaches Committee
Coach Stu Kahn, Davis Aquatic Masters (2012 USMS Coach of The Year)
Coach Cokie Lepinski, Swymnut Masters (2014 USMS Coach of the Year)
Coach Dana Kirk, Fremont Hills Masters (2004 Olympian).
Also presenting are Dr. Justin Zumsteg and Coach Thad Beatty.
Agenda (detailed agenda)
Friday, June 5, 2015
Saturday, June 6, 2015 - Presentations will be held in Light Hall on the Campus of Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Coaching Tips & Teaching Toys
- Crafting Workouts
- Technique - Butterfly & Breaststroke
- Hosted lunch and roundtable discussion
- Technique - Backstroke
- Intro to USRPT
- Technique - Freestyle
- Dinner South Street Restaurant
Sunday, June 7, 29015 - Presentations will be held in Light Hall on the Campus of Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Optional Educational Opportunities
- Optional ARC safety training - *NOTE - Class is limited to 15 participants. This is a 6 hour course, the first 3 hours must be completed on-line and you must receive a score of 80% in the pre-test in order to qualify.
- Optional USMS Masters Levels 1 and 2 coach certification course - This is an all-day course with level 1 being offered in the morning and level 2 in the afternoon. The course is designed to take both levels 1 & 2 on the same day.
- National Coaches clinic - $150 if registered by May 8, 2015. Includes Friday night reception, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, all classes Saturday and Sunday and electronic copies of presentation materials. Each participant will also receive hand paddles, a snorkel, a pull buoy and a kickboard - an $80 value!
- National coaches clinic rate increases to $175 on May 9, 2015
- ARC safety training - $50
- USMS Masters Coach certification class $160 - $200 (fee breakdown on coach certification registration page)
Online registration only. Registration closes at midnight Pacific time on June 1, 2015
- Please contact your local LMSC for any scholarship/reimbursement information andavailability.
* All National Coaches Clinic handouts, maps and schedules will be provided in electronic format prior to the weekend. Coaches who wish to receive a paper copy will need to contact Helen Naylor
by May 29, 2015
Homewood Suites by Hilton
2400 West End Ave
Nashville, TN 37203
$179.00 per night - group rate
Breakfast & Wi-Fi included - All activities are within walking distance to this hotel.
Please note the daily parking rate at this hotel has been reduced from $15 to $10 for USMS attendees.
For any additional information please contact Helen Naylor at helen.naylor@Vanderbilt.Edu
or call (615) 414-6072
National Coaches Clinic registrations are non-refundable and non-transferrable to another individual.