You are reserving a spot for IAM Adult Learn-to-Swim Program Jun 3 - Jun 26
Monday, June 3, 2019 6:15 PM
Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:00 PM
This Event has closed. Try another Event.
Thank you for your interest in Indy Aquatic Masters' Adult-Learn-to-Swim program. In conjuction with the US Masters Swimming's Adult Learn-to-Swim program who has endorsed the American Red Cross "Five Competencies," we will provide each swimmer with the skills needed to save themselves in an emergency situation. These skills include entering water over your head, treading water for 1 minute, swimming 25 yards unassisted, having the ability to exit water after swimming, and exiting without a ladder. We do this by providing a program that has a 1 to 3 instructor to student ratio, and our program is tailored so that once a skill is mastered, you automatically progress to the next level. All adults are welcomed from those who have a fear of the water to those who wish to learn how to swim faster and better.
Class Schedule and Cost:
Indy Aquatic Masters' Adult-Learn-to-Swim Program consists of 8 lessons over four weeks at a cost of $80. The classes will be held at Butler University Aquatic Center (530 West 49th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208) and meet from 6:15pm to 7:00pm on the following days:
- First Week: Monday, June 3 and Wednesday, June 5 at 6:15 pm
- Second Week: Monday,June 10 and Wednesday, June 12 at 6:15 pm
- Third Week: Monday, June 17 and Wednesday, June 19 at 6:15 pm
- Fourth Week: Monday, June 24 and Wednesday, June 26 at 6:15 pm **
To better serve you, we will ask which class level you wish to participate in.
What to Wear / Bring to Class:
- Beginners (Level 1): This is a beginner level class for swimmers with little or no experience. We will cover the basics of swimming strokes and water safety including overcoming fear of the water, floating, gliding, stroke introduction, and deep water skills.
- Intermediate (Level 2): This is an intermediate-level class for swimmers with moderate experience who are already comfortable in the water. We will focus on skill development, including breathing, building endurance, deep water comfort, and treading water. Strokes will also be developed.
- Advanced (Level 3): Level 3 swim lessons are ideal for the swimmer who wishes to further develop their swim technique and efficiency. These participants are looking to compete in triathlons or join a Masters program. Participants will explore flip turns, stroke refinement, and alternate breathing techniques. Use of training tools such as pull bouys, kickboards and hand paddles will also be introduced.
Registration and Payment:
- Comfortable swimsuit (Women should wear a one piece that securely fits their body; bikinis are not recommended.)
- Swim cap (to protect hair from chlorinated water)
There are two ways to register for the Adult Learn-to-Swim Program:
- Register online by clicking the Registration Link below (credit card payments only); or
- Download the Registration Form and the Liability Release Waiver and mail with your check (payable to "Indy Aquatic Masters") to Indy Aquatic Masters, PO Box 30145, Indianapolis, IN 46230.
- All registrations must be received by Monday, May 27, 2019.
- Questions or Concerns:
Contact Pat Schenkel at email@example.com
or call 317-796-0137 (cell).
This program is made possible in part due to the support received from the Swimming Saves Lives Foundation