It is now Pacific Time (PDT) on .
Mon, Dec 15, 2014
Sat, Jan 17, 2015
Description: This year our annual short course yards meet will have VERY fast swimming and a party atmosphere “Vegas-style” for Coach Victor Hecker’s birthday. Several nationally and internationally-ranked swimmers will attend for swimming and fun, and a post-meet party. Come to Vegas and join us!
Las Vegas Masters hosts
Vegas "Free Play” Short Course Yards Meet
and Coach Vic's 80th Birthday Celebration!
Saturday, January 17, 2015
Eligibility and Age: Swimmers must be USMS members registered for 2015. Swimmers must be age 18 as of January 17, 2015. Age will be calculated for all swimmers on January 17, 2015.
- Las Vegas Municipal Pool at 431 E Bonanza Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Near the Fremont Street casinos and hotels. Check Vegas.com for deals.
- 25 yard indoor course, 6 competition lanes (change to 8 lanes if needed), 2 lanes available for warmup/warm down throughout the meet.
- Large, clean locker rooms with showers and lockers (bring your own lock).
- Free parking.
- The length of the competition course without a bulkhead is in compliance and on file with USMS in accordance with articles 105.1.7 and 107.2.1.
Sanction: This meet is sanctioned by Southern Pacific Masters Swimming for USMS, Inc. Sanction # 335-S002
- 2015 United States Masters Swimming rules will govern. Current SPMS meet procedures will be enforced and take precedence over any errors or omissions on this form. The meet referee will be in charge of the meet. Any questions regarding the conduct of the meet should be directed to that person.
- You must be 2015 USMS registered.
- Maximum of 5 individual events and 2 relays per swimmer.
- Enter short course yards times for seeding purposes.
- All Events are timed final.
Seeding: Swimmers will be seeded in heats according to entry time, regardless of age and gender. Heats will be ordered slowest to fastest. Please use SwimPhone Online Check-In for all events, marking yourself “checked in” or “scratched” so that we may run a very efficient meet. Positive Check-In for the 500 Free closes at 12:40pm.
Entries: Online meet entry closes at 11:59pm on Wednesday, January 14, 2015.
For mailed entries, the postmark deadline is January 9, 2015.
Deck Entries: Deck entries close at 12:30pm for events 1-6, and at 1:30pm for events 7-15. Deck entries will be processed “paperless and cashless” on a computer at the pool. Bring your credit card for payment of deck entries.
Entry Fees: $40.00 per swimmer flat fee. Deck entries are $50.00. For swimmers in relays only, the fee is $5.00.
Relays: All relays will be deck entered. Relay Team entries are free ($0). For each relay swimmer who is not entered in individual events, a fee of $5.00 and a signed liability release must be submitted with the relay entry.
Awards: Individual: SPMS ribbons for places 1 to 3. Relay: SPMS ribbons for first place.
Special Awards: Events marked VFP (Vegas Free Play) will have a special award from a local casino for “free play” at the casino. Winners of age groups will be eligible for coupons redeemable at a Las Vegas casino. You must be at least 21 years of age in order to get a VFP free slot play.
Meet Director: Karin Wegner
Referee: Cami Stein Starter: Lisa Van Tress Stroke & Turn Judge: John Sullivan
Meet Admin / CTS Operator: Robert Mitchell SwimWorks@gmail.com
Entertainment during the Swim Meet:
DJ on the pool deck... for the perfect Las Vegas swim meet ambience: Greg Safdeye
Other entertainment on the pool deck may include Elvis on stilts and a Vegas Showgirl and ... perhaps some other surprises.
ALL SWIMMERS and ALL TIMERS are encouraged to wear COSTUMES, even if this means a "swim costume" (i.e. wild sparkly swimsuit with silly swim cap)
Results: Posted throughout the meet on SwimPhone.com.
Birthday Party the Evening of the Meet:
We are celebrating the 80th birthday of our fabulous Coach Victor Hecker! This party is for the Hecker family, the LVM Swim Team, and other fun-loving swimmers and friends in town for our meet.
Date and Time: Saturday, January 17, 2015 starting at 7pm
Location: Queensridge Clubhouse at at 851 Palace Ct, Las Vegas, NV 89145. See important gate access info and parking info below.
Ticket Price: Please consider your party ticket a gift to Coach Vic. $40 for primary guests (swimmers and friends of Vic), $20 for secondary guests (spouses). Pay for your party tickets during online meet entry or separately at this shopping cart link. Additional donations are needed and appreciated. If you have financial constraints, but wish to attend the party, please send your RSVP to LVMswimming@gmail.com.
Attire: Business Casual to Semi-formal. For those who wish to have fun with their outfit, a 1950-1960 style would match our "Swing" dance theme.
DJ playing big band/1950's music and other popular dance music
"Swing" dancing (Coach Vic is an expert "Swing" dancer)
Food: Butlered gourmet hors d'oevres catered by the fabulous Scott and Karla Townsend. Birthday Cake too!
Bar: Stella Artois beer on tap, selections of white and red wines, water, sodas.
Access to the Queensridge Clubhouse: Your name must be on the guest list in order for you to enter at the gate of the Queensridge community. It is very important that you pre-register online for the party or RSVP by email so that you gain access at the gate. Any problems, call or text 310-463-3879.
- Charleston Blvd to Palace Ct
- Give your name at the gate/guard shack, explaining that you are attending the “Candela Swim Team Event” at the Queensridge Clubhouse.
- Continue straight after the guard shack for less than 0.2 miles.
- Pass King William Drive (on left).
- Make next left into parking lot for the Clubhouse.
Party Parking: VERY limited parking in the lot, so you will most likely be parking along Palace Ct.
SWIM MEET EVENTS:
Warm-ups start at 12:00 PM
Meet starts at 1:00 PM
Meet is estimated to end at 5:06 PM
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."
Online Registration closed on 1/17/2015.