RESTON MASTERS SWIM TEAM PRESENTS
First Annual Short Course Meters “Potomac Valley SCM Relay and Sprint Festival”
George Mason University Aquatic Center, Fairfax, VA, Sunday, November 18, 2012 Sanction #102-S006
14 Relays!! and 10 Individual Events!!
- You may enter up to 5 individual events, plus as many relays as you wish.
- The meet is open to all Masters Swimmers holding a valid 2012 USMS membership.
- Age is determined by a swimmer’s age on 12/31/2012.
- 2012 USMS rules and regulations apply.
- Relay age groups will be in accordance with USMS Rule 102.3.2.B using the aggregate age of the four relay team members.
Eligibility: The standard Masters age groups will be used (18-24, 25-29, 30-34…), etc. All swimmers must be registered with USMS.
Awards: A Championship banner will be presented to the USMS team with highest average swimmer’s score. Each team will combine all the scores for their swimmers for a total combined team score. This number will be divided by the number of team members participating to determine each team’s score. To be eligible for the championship banner, a team must have at least 4 participating swimmers and compete in at least one of the standard USMS relays for record.
Scoring: Scoring will be recorded to 8 places (9,7,6,5,4,3,2,1) for individual events; relay events will quadruple the scores.
Location: George Mason University, Aquatic and Fitness Center, 4400 University Drive, Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Directions: From the West: Take I-66 east to Route 123 (exit 60), south on Route 123 for 2.7 miles to Braddock Rd, left on Braddock, left on Sideburn, park in Lot C.
From the South: Take I-95 north to exit 160, north on Route 123 for 14.5 miles to Braddock Rd, right on Braddock, left on Sideburn, park in Lot C.
From the North: Take I-95 south to the Capitol Beltway (495), 495 west to Braddock Rd (exit 54), Braddock Rd west 6 miles to Sideburn, right on Sideburn, park in Lot C.
Facility: Eight-lane, 25 meter pool, non-turbulent lane markers. All eight lanes will be used for competition; separate pool will be available for continuous warm-up and cool down. Pool will be measured and certified for USMS records and Top Ten. Locker Rooms are available. No glass containers in the pool area.
Meet Director: Charlie Tupitza
Referee: Jim Van Erden
Contact: Laurence Paulson, 703-314-3697 firstname.lastname@example.org
Pool Times: Pool opens at 8:00 am for warm-ups. First heat begins at 9:00 am.
ORDER OF EVENTS: Men and Women will swim together; Mixed Relays will be separate.
1. 800 Free Relay Men/Women
2. 800 Free Relay Mixed
3. 50 m Breaststroke Men/Women
4. 100 m Butterfly Men/Women
5. 200 Medley Relay Men/Women
6. 200 Medley Relay Mixed
7. 50 m Freestyle Men/Women
8. 200 m Individual Medley Men/Women
9. 400 Free Relay Men/Women
10. 400 Free Relay Mixed
11. 100 m Breaststroke Men/Women
12. 50 m Butterfly Men/Women
13. 100 m Backstroke Men/Women
14. 200 Free Relay Men/Women
15. 200 Free Relay Mixed
16. 100 m Individual Medley Men/Women
17. 50 m Backstroke Men/Women
18. 100 m Freestyle Men/Women
19. 400 Medley Relay Men/Women
20. 400 Medley Relay Mixed
21. * 100 Fly Relay Men/Women/Mixed
22. * 100 Back Relay Men/Women/Mixed
23. * 100 Breast Relay Men/Women/Mixed
24. * 100 Free Relay Men/Women/Mixed
(* non-sanctioned events)
Entry Fees: There is a $25 meet entry fee. All relays are free of charge and will be deck entered. Swimmers may compete once per relay event – up to a possible 14. Swimmers may also enter up to five individual events for an additional fee of $5 per event. Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Please enter prior to November 18th but we will be accepting deck entries via internet until 8:30am sharp. For relays, check off the relays that you wish to be available for on entry screen. Coaches will be able to log in to form relays up until due times below.
Entries Due Meet entries are due 11:59 PM Thursday November 15. Relays will be deck entered by these deadlines: Events 1, 2, 5, and 6 are due 8:30AM. Events 9, 10, 14, and 15 are due 9:30AM. Events 14, 15, and 19-24 are due 10:30AM.