Dual Sanctioned by PNS for USA Swimming #1707-SP01 and PNA for USMS #367-S005
LOCATION: Colman Pool - Lincoln Park, 8603 Fauntleroy Way SW, Seattle, Washington 206 684 7494
PARKING: Parking: Cascade encourages all attendees to carpool. Parking is extremely tight. Please be aware that the South Lincoln Park lot is a 4-hour lot. Do not disobey signs if parking on Fauntleroy or on residential streets; SPD tickets and tows. Handicapped persons may arrange special access to the pool through the Meet Director.
FACILITY: Outdoor, 50 meter, 8-lane competitive pool.Starting end 12.5 feet deep; turning end 3.5 feet deep
TIMES: Meet Warm-up: 10AM Competition Starts: 11AM
MEET DIRECTOR: Rene Folk firstname.lastname@example.org 206-781-8497
MEET REFEREE: David Guffey email@example.com
CONCESSIONS: Available all day--pancake breakfast, Yakisoba lunch
Green boxed items are called out because they are of interest to USMS swimmers as this meet will follow USA Swimming rules for competiton.
- Current PNS and USA Swimming rules govern throughout the meet, including warm-ups.
In addition, USMS swimmers are subject to USMS articles 102.1 (eligibility), 102.2 (age determining date), 102.3 (age groups), 102.5 (events), 102.6 (event limit), 102.7 (entries), 102.9 (relays), 102.11 (change of program and postponement), and 102.14 (protests). USMS members ages will be corrected, post meet, to comply with 102.2.2
- Relays: Coaches are asked to give completed relay slips to Clerk of Course by the announced deadline. Swimmers must take the lane copy with them to give to the Head Lane Timer in their lane to verify the order of swimmers participating. The meet host reserves the right to delete relay events due to projected timeline constraints, in which case relay entry fees will be refunded to participating teams.
All individual events 200m and longer will be deck-seeded, requiring a positive check-in with the Clerk of Course in order to swim. Swimmers not checking in will be scratched without penalty.
- Events 400M or shorter will be seeded and swum slowest to fastest in event number order.
Events 800M or longer will be seeded and swum fastest to slowest, alternating men and women. Swimmers must provide own timers and counter, if desired; lanes with no timer go unprotected.
- All swimmers must be registered with USA Swimming, USMS or other foreign registered masters swimmer
- The individual event qualifying time standards are waived for all swimmers age 15&O. Those swimmers may enter any event as "NT" (no time).
- All entry times must be LCM (long course meters). USMS swimmers may enter estimated LCM times if necessary. NT is allowed.
- Open competition.Open to all 2016 USMS registered swimmers 18 and above as of 07/07/2016. Age groups for USMS LCM Top 10 based on the swimmer’s age as of 12/31/2016. 18-24, 25-29… and up in 5-yr increments
- Each swimmer may enter up to four (4) individual events per day plus relays. Entries exceeding this limit will be scratched without notification, and entry fees for entry count limitation scratches will not be refunded.
- Deck entries for individual events will be allowed in open lanes only at the discretion of the Meet Referee. Deck entry individual swims are not eligible for any awards or team points. Deck entry fees must be paid prior to the swim
- USMS swimmers must already be entered in meet in order to deck enter.
- All USMS registration numbers will be verified with the USMS database.USMS swimmers must enter with their Club (i.e. PSM) or Unattached. No workout groups accepted
- Individual entry deadline: Sunday, June 25 11:59pm
- Relay team entry deadline: Wednesday, June 28 11:59pm (Relay entries open June 26 9am)
- Surcharge: $15.00
- Individual Event: $6.00
- Relays: $12.00
- No refunds or credits will be given for events entered but not swum; no event swapping.
- All fees must accompany entries.
AWARDS AND SCORING:
- Individual events: 9-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 for men’s and women’s high point.
- Relay events: no awards or scoring.
- No team scores or awards.
- Circle swim counter-clockwise only.
- Last half hour of each warm-up period:
- Lanes 1 & 8 – pace lanes, no diving
- Lanes 2 & 7 – sprint lanes, dive starts, return in lanes 3 & 6
- Lanes 4 & 5 – general warm-up, no divingAdditional sprint lanes may be made available upon request to the Meet Referee.
- Pool closed promptly five (5) minutes prior to the start of competition.
- Warm-up may be increased at the discretion of the Meet Referee to accommodate the number of swimmers entered.
- No diving from the blocks or sides of pool except for designated sprint lanes during designated times in main pool.
- Jumping into the pool is not allowed.
- Backstroke swimmers enter the water feet first in rotation; no diving over persons in the water.
- 200 meter relay starts from the shallow end of the pool will be in the water. Pool depth does not allow for dive starts.
- Deck Marshals will be assigned to supervise the warm-up. Deck Marshals with the approval of the meet referee have the authority to remove any swimmer, coach, or club who does not follow the safety rules during warm-ups or the meet.