Registration for the
15th Fat Salmon Open Water Swim
is now CLOSED
(opened 5/1, closed 7/12)
Event hosted by:
Green Lake Aqua Ducks (GLAD) Master's Swim Team
HEAT SHEET: click here
Part 1 of Pre-race Instructions email: click here
Part 2 of Pre-race Instructions email: click here
When: Saturday, July 19, 2014
Where: MADISON PARK
- 6:15 - 7:15 AM: Check-in
- 7:20 AM: Pre-Race Meeting - MANDATORY for all swimmers
- 7:35 AM: Carpool to 3.2-mile start (at Day Street Boat Ramp)
DAY STREET BOAT RAMP
SAFETY: Large buoys (approx. every 1/2 mile) will mark the course. Motor boats, kayaks and lifeguards will be located along the perimeter of the course. Swimmers must wear the swim caps provided at check-in. A MANDATORY safety meeting will be held before the event start. Friends and family who are not registered for this event cannot swim along with you. Lake temperature can vary: be prepared for cold water.
MORE ABOUT SAFETY & PULLING SWIMMERS: We must maintain a certain swimmer-to-boat ratio to keep our permit AND, more importantly, to keep everyone safe. Swimmers that fall too far behind the pack will be pulled. Additionally, if you are not on target to finish the 3.2 mile event in 2 hours or less, you will be pulled.
RULES: Current USMS rules will govern this event.
- The use of neoprene wet suits or other nonporous attire IS allowed.
- Fins, pull buoys, snorkels, MP3 players are NOT allowed.
- Any questions, refer to USMS guidelines.
- There will be NO day-of-race registration and NO filling of no-show slots.
- There will be NO refunds or exchange of entries.
- Someone else cannot swim for you - this jeopardizes our insurance.
- There will be NO SWIMMING if you have not checked in ON TIME and attended the pre-race safety meeting.
- If you lose your timing chip, you MUST tell a race official that you got out of the water or we may think that you drowned and call search & rescue. Don't make us do that.
LOCATION: The event runs between the I-90 and 520 floating bridges along Seattle’s Lake Washington waterfront. The 3.2 Mile Race starts at Day Street Boat Ramp at the west end of the I-90 Bridge span, and ends at Madison Park in Seattle (E. Madison St. & E. Howe St). Pre-race check-in is at Madison Park where the race ends. Swimmers are responsible for transportation from the registration area to the race starts. Parking at the start area is extremely limited; carpooling is encouraged. See RACE MAP.
AWARDS: A whole salmon will be awarded to the fastest male and female swimmers in both the wetsuit and non-wetsuit divisions of the 3.2-Mile Race. Ribbons will be available for the top three finishers in all 5-yr age groups, in both divisions.
- Swimmers must be 18 years of age as of July 19, 2014 and:
- Currently registered with USMS or FINA or Canadian Masters, or…
- Pay an additional $20 “One-Event USMS Registration” fee.
Online Entry ONLY:
- $65.00 – Early entry in May
- $75.00 – June 1 thru June 30
- $85.00 - July 1 thru July 12
- $20.00 – "One-Event" USMS registration (as needed, see eligibility)
- Online Entries are paid by credit card to "ClubAssistant.com Events."
REGISTRATION CLOSES on July 12th at 11:59 pm PDT or sooner if full to capacity.
A note about that USMS "One-Event" Fee… Your $20 lets you participate in this USMS-sanctioned event. For $30 more, enjoy a full-year USMS membership including access to pool meets, clinics, coaches, open water swims and magazine subscription. Contact PNA registrar Arni Litt PNARegistrar@usms.org for more info or to join.
IMPORTANT LINKS: Facebook, FS FAQs, Time Guidelines & Safety Info
Kayakers, Motor Boats, & Jet Skis are needed! Please contact us.
Still have questions? Contact Liz Rosen, Race Director
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org