This event is over. Here is the next event in this series:
|Swimmer Registration||Thu, Jun 18, 2015 12:00 AM||Wed, Sep 9, 2015 11:59 PM|
This competition is limited to the first 150 entrants.
EVENT:8th Annual Tallchief Open Water Challenge
DISTANCES: 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile swim
(3 mile entrants must complete the 2 mile course in 1 hr 10 mins or faster)
Proceeds from this event will benefit the Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma Camp Tallchief Scholarship Fund and Tulsa Masters Swim Club
The event is limited to 150 entrants. Swimmers are encouraged to enter early!
Online entries only---No race day entries
DATE/TIME: Sunday September 13, 2015, 9 am CDT
LOCATION: Tallchief Lake, Zink Ranch, Sand Springs, Oklahoma
SPONSORED BY: Jenks Community Education and Tulsa Masters Swim Club
EVENT HOST: Tulsa Masters Swim Club (TMSC)
EVENT DIRECTOR: Denise Smart, email@example.com, 918-856-0273 (evenings)
SAFETY OFFICER: Dewey Smith
VENUE: Tallchief Lake is a private lake on the Zink Ranch property. There will be no outside boat traffic. Expected water temperature greater than 80 degrees. This lake is NOT connected to nearby Skiatook Lake.
PARKING: Plenty of parking available at the Tallchief Lodge, no charge. Please note, you will walk approximately 1/4 mile downhill to the water front. Wear sturdy shoes!
COURSE: The swim course is an out and back, clock- wise course (buoys on your right) marked by large regatta buoys.
This is a "chip- timed" event provided by Tatur Racing, Inc.
- Swimmers are required to attend the pre-race safety briefing at 8:50 am at the water front.
- Swimmers must wear the swim cap provided in the color that designates the event entered. Please notify the event director if you have a latex allergy.
- The swim course will be monitored by persons in kayaks and canoes. A rescuer will be stationed in a power boat monitoring the course in the event an evacuation is necessary.
- A head count by race number of all swimmers entering the water will occur at the start of each wave of swimmers.
SWIMMERS WHO DROP OUT OF THE RACE AFTER A POSITIVE CHECK IN ARE REQUIRED TO NOTIFY AN OFFICIAL AT THE FINISH LINE!!
- 1,2, and 3 mile swimmers will be required to announce their race number to an official stationed at the turn around.
- The 2 and 3 mile swimmers will also be required to announce their race number to the official standing on the boat dock prior to starting their next lap.
- The 3 mile swimmers must complete the 2 mile course in 1 hr 10 mins or less before starting their 3rd lap.
- A First Aid tent staffed by the Oklahoma Medical Reserve Corps will be located at the water front.
- Water and gatorade will be available to participants near the finish line. This also serves as an aid station for swimmers doing multiple laps.
WET SUITS: Wetsuits are discouraged due to the anticipated water temperature well above 80 degrees. Swimmers wearing wetsuits are at risk of overheating and excessive dehyration. Please do not enter this event if you do not think you can complete the swim without a wetsuit. Swimmers wearing wetsuits will not be eligible for awards. Swimmers who will swim in a wetsuit must declare this when they check in. Wet suits worn AT YOUR OWN RISK!
OTHER EQUIPMENT: While this event is not sanctioned by USMS or USA Swimming, it is a swim competition. Swim aids, including fins, paddles, pull buoys, snorkels, kick boards, etc. are not allowed. A swimmer may tow a personal safety float, such as the ISHOF SaferSwimmer Float http://www.ishof.org/safety/ssd.htm
ELIGIBILITY: Open to swimmers age 9 and above as of September 13, 2015.
PARTICIPANTS OF ALL AGES SHOULD BE COMFORTABLE SWIMMING IN DEEP, OPEN WATER OF A LAKE.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY. NO RACE DAY ENTRIES ACCEPTED. Entries will close at 11:59 pm CST Wednesday, September 9, 2015. Enter by August 19th to guarentee your t-shirt size.
Event is limited to 150 swimmers. Enter early!
ENTRY FEE: $38 ( $35 entry fee + Club Assistant fee)
Entry fee includes a swim cap, t-shirt, finisher medal, and a ticket for the pancake breakfast.
Please note: credit cards will be charged by “ClubAssistant.com Event Billing"
-- NO REFUNDS --
Due to the associated cost and effort required to stage this event, no refunds will be issued. This includes, but is not limited to, life situations precluding a pre-paid entrant from starting the event; unforeseeable acts of nature such as thunderstorms; or an unsafe environment resulting in the cancellation of the event.
T-SHIRTS: One-of-a-kind t-shirts designed by Tulsa Masters member, Jocelyn Wood. Additional t-shirts can be pre-orderd by August 19th for $15 each. Enter by August 19th to guarantee t-shirt size.
DONATIONS: A portion of the proceeds from this event will be donated to the Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma Camp Tallchief Scholarship Fund. You may designate an additional donation during the registration process.
AWARDS: Awards will be given in each event
1/4 mile: Overall male and female age 10 and under only
1/2 mile: Overall male and female age 12 and under and 18 and over
1 mile: Overall male and female age 17 and under and 1st - 3rd male and female 18 and over
2 mile: Overall male and female age 17 and under and 1st - 3rd male and female 18 and over
3 mile: Overall male and female age 17 and under and 18 and over
All participants will receive a finisher medal at the completion of their swim.
AWARDS will not be mailed!
REMINDERS and other notes:
- Participants/spectators/volunteers are only authorized to use the facilities and property within the Camp Tallchief boundaries.
PLEASE... NO RUNNING, JOGGING, RIDING BIKES, WALKING, HIKING, etc on the roads or trails on the ZINK RANCH PROPERTY
- PLEASE... OBEY THE SPEED LIMIT SIGNS WHILE ON THE ZINK RANCH ROADS. STRICTLY ENFORCED BY THE RANCH FOREMAN!!!
You cannot drive 50 mph on this road!! Allow PLENTY of time to arrive, check in, & get to the swim start. There is some walking involved from the parking lot to the water front. It takes longer than you think it will to drive the 4.5 miles to the site of the swim.
-There is limited spectator space on the pennisula near the start/finish line. Roped off areas are for participatants/ part of the race course.
- Participants will have an area near the start/finish line leave their personal belongings while they swim.
- Bring sturdy shoes for walking approximately 1/4 mile down hill on a gravel road to the waterfront. This will be an up hill walk on the way back!
- Bring your lawn chairs, hats, sunscreen & bug spray.
- Showers will be available following the event.
- Please make arrangements to have your childern supervised while you are swimming
- ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING! NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES! NO PETS (Facility rules)
DIRECTIONS: to Zink Ranch and Camp Tallchief
Zink Ranch is located approximately 9.7 miles north of Sand Springs at the termination of Hwy. 97 & the intersection of Rock School Road.
DRIVING DIRECTIONSto Zink Ranch, Sand Springs, OK
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENTRY
Please note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."