Events & Registration Links:
South Harbour Club House Beach
Morse Reservoir, Noblesville, IN
June 20, 2015
Hosted by: Noblesville Adult Swim Team (NASTi) & Friends of Central Pool (FOCP)
Sanctioned by: Greater Indiana Masters
SAVE TIME, SAVE PAPER, AVOID ERRORS: REGISTER ONLINE
COURSE: The course is a 5K counterclockwise loop in a residential reservoir. The average reservoir temperature in mid-June is about 78 F, but water temperature can vary significantly from the low 70’s to the mid-80’s. The course will be marked with approximately 18 buoys. Swimmers shall swim in a counter clockwise direction, keeping buoys on their left. The event is planned to start in the water and finish on the beach. The course will be closed after 6 hours and 15 minutes (average 2:05 per lap). Swimmers failing to complete the course in the allotted time may be asked to exit the water. The Meet Referee (with approval of the Event Director and the Safety Director) may allow a swimmer to finish the race after the allotted time limit if safety officials are able to escort the swimmer to a safe and secure finish in a timely manner. In the case of bad weather or other hazardous conditions or events out of the control of the Event Director, the entire event may be delayed, abbreviated, interrupted, abandoned or cancelled. No refunds will be provided.
Solo 15K swimmers must have a personal escort on a kayak, paddleboard or other non-motorized vessel (other vessels must be approved by the Safety Director). For more up-to-date event information and to view the approximate course, go to http://www.grinswim.org/2015USMS15K/
LOCATION AND FACILITY: South Harbour Club House Beach, 1156 South Harbour Drive, Noblesville, IN 46062. This is a quiet, private neighborhood facility, not a public beach. Please respect our neighbors and friends by being considerate in your driving, parking, and recreating while in the area. Please car pool to the venue if possible. We are able to use this facility only by permission of the South Harbour Property Owners Association. We thank them for their hospitality.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Friday June 19, 3 PM - 6PM. Pre-Race Check-In and Meeting. Check-In is mandatory for 15K solo swimmers and their paddlers. It is optional for relay swimmers and 5K swimmers. A Relay Captain or designee must be present if substitutions are to be made. A limited number of boat tours of the race course will be provided during the check-in period for swimmers and paddlers. Pre-Race Meeting- 6 PM Mandatory.
Pre-Race Pasta Dinner: 4-6 PM. Optional for ALL swimmers, paddlers and family members: $20 per person.
- Check In: 6:00-6:30 AM. All swimmers (Solo, Relays, 5k and Paddlers) must check-in for body marking etc.
- 6:45AM Pre-Race Meeting
- All times below are estimated start times.
- Wave 1 7:00 AM Elite15K Solo swimmers and their escorts
- Wave 2 7:05 AM All other 15K Solo swimmers and their escorts
- Wave 3 7:30 AM Relay Group 1
- Wave 4 7:35 Relay Group 2
- Wave 5 7:40 AM 5K solo swimmers (non-champiopnship)
- Awards for Relay and solo 5K events in mid to late morning.
- Awards for 15K Solo as soon as possible after race completion in mid-afternoon.
SUNDAY (6/21/2015): 8AM-Noon. Free swim practice/recreation and brunch at The Forest Park Aquatic Center provided by NASTi & FOCP for swimmers, paddlers and their families. Info & RSVP at Friday night or Saturday morning check-in.
ELIGIBILITY: This is a USMS-sanctioned event and all participants in the championship events must be registered for 2015 with USMS (or the equivalent FINA organization for foreign swimmers). Foreign swimmers are not eligible for All-American status. Paper entries received without a copy of the entrant's 2015 USMS card may be returned. Online entries will be automatically verified by Club Assistant. To renew or join USMS online, visit www.usms.org/reg/
- Solo 15K National Championship: Open to all 2015 USMS registered athletes or FINA athlete as above. Due to the extreme nature of this event, you must provide evidence to support your ability to complete the event in the allotted time (6 1/4 hours). Solo swimmers must have an escort for the entire race. See below.
- National Championship Relays (3 X 5K) Men, Women or Mixed: Open to all 2015 USMS or FINA registered athletes as above.
- 5K Solo (Non-Championship). Open to any USMS or non-USMS member (18 years or older). Non-USMS members must purchase a USMS One-Event Entry ($18) in addition to the regular entry fee. Form can be found at http://www.grinswim.org/2015USMS15K/
EVENT ENTRY: Online entries are preferred.
- Online and Paper Registrations accepted until 11:59 PM, EDT, Saturday, May 16, 2015 (postmark for paper entries).
- Delayed Online and Paper Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM June 6, 2015. (postmark for paper entries)
- Late and Race day entries may be available in the non-championship Solo 5K event depending on enrollment.
- 15K Solo Championship (Limited to ~ 75 swimmers)
- Registration Fee is $100.00 received by May 16, 2015.
- Delayed Registration Fee is $125 received by June 6, 2015.
- No Late Entries.
- 3x5K Relay Championship (Limited to ~ 60 relays)
- Registration Fee is $60 per swimmer received by May 16, 2015.
- Delayed Registration Fee is $75 per swimmer received by June 6, 2015.
- No late Entries except for relay substitutions ($25 Transfer Fee for substitution of new registrant.
- Relay substitutions are permitted until pre-race meeting 6 PM on Friday 6/19/2015.
- 5K Solo Non Championship Event (Limited # of entries – dependent on enrollment in other events)
Registration Fee is $50 per swimmer received by May 16, 2015.
Delayed Registration Fee is $60 per swimmer received by June 6, 2015.
Late Entry or Race Day Entry Fee is $70 if space permits. Goody bag & T-shirt not guaranteed.
Entry Fees include: Commemorative T-shirt, swim cap and goody bag with merchants’ samples. The pre-race pasta dinner Friday evening is $20 (Optional). Post-race snacks & Sunday brunch at Forest Park Aquatic Center will be provided.
KAYAKS AND PADDLERS: We recommend that you bring your own experienced paddler who has trained with you for navigation and nutritional support, but we will have volunteer (non-professional) paddlers available. We recommend that you bring your own kayak or paddleboard, but we can provide kayaks for $30 rental fee. Swimmers may not swim directly behind the kayak, i.e. no drafting the kayak). Solo swimmers should provide their beverage & nutritional needs to their escorts.
RULES: Current 2015 U.S. Masters Swimming rules will govern this event. Only Category I swimwear is allowed (www.usms.org/rules/part 3.pdf, Rules 303.7.1 & 303.7.2). Wetsuits may NOT be worn in this race.
SAFETY: Our Primary Concern. Safety boats & lifeguards in kayaks, on paddleboards and wave runners will monitor the course. Two water stops will be available on the course. Swimmers must wear race cap and have their assigned numbers on arms and back. Emergency Medical Services will be on site. A swimmer who abandons the swim must alert the Referee or other Official immediately.
SEEDING: 15K Solo swimmers will be seeded in two or more heats, the first comprised of ‘elite’ swimmers in contention for overall wins. Relays will follow in multiple waves based on seed times. The Event Director reserves the right to change seeding.
TIMING: Electronic timing will be used. Each swimmer will wear an electronic timing chip to automatically record their time. Timing chip must be returned or an outrageous charge will be assessed to the swimmer. Ensure that your chip is secure. Electronic Back-up timing will be recorded as swimmers cross the finish line. Manual backup timing will also be utilized.
Solo Age Groups: 18-24, 25-29, 30-34 … (five-year age groups as high as necessary)
Relay Age Groups: 18+, 25+, 35+ … (10 year age groups as high as necessary), the age of the youngest relay member determining the age group.
AWARDS: National Championship patches will be given to the first finisher in each age group. National Championship medals will be awarded to the top six finishers in each age group. Sponsor merchandise (as available) will be awarded to overall male and female winners and age group winners. Awards will be made as soon as possible at the conclusion of each event.
LODGING: Several hotels can be found within 8 miles of the race: Fairfield Inn, 17960 Foundation Dr., Noblesville (317)776-9900; Super 8, 17070 Dragonfly Lane, Noblesville, (317) 776-7088; Quality Inn & Suites, 16025 Prosperity Drive, Noblesville (317)770-6772. Please visit http://www.grinswim.org/2015USMS15K/ and click on link for lodging discounts.
AIRPORT: Indianapolis (IND), approx. 60 minutes by car.
EVENT DIRECTOR: Dick Sidner, 1510 Persimmon Pl, Noblesville, IN 46062. Email: email@example.com
Phone (317) 695-9885, 9AM to 9 PM Eastern time only. Email is preferred.
While in Noblesville, you’ll find lots to see & do! For tourist information, visit the Hamilton County Convention & Visitors Bureau web site http://8greattowns.com. A history buff’s haven, Noblesville delights with an historic courthouse & quaint brick-lined streets. The Courthouse & business district are on the National Register of Historic Places. In Forest Park visit the Train Museum, the 1871 covered ‘Potters Bridge,’ a carousel and the Forest Park Aquatic Center (operated by the non-profit, Friends of Central Pool Inc.).
Events & Registration Links:
USMS 15K Solo Open Water National Championships - CLOSED Roster
Limited to 75 swimmers - to be added to waitlist, email firstname.lastname@example.org
USMS 15K Relay (3 x 5K) Open Water National Championships
Limited to 60 relays = 180 swimmers. Roster.
5K Solo (Non-Championship) Open Water Swim
Entries are limited by enrollment above. Roster.