December 13, 2015
- Peluso Open Water Masters and SwimRVA Swim School
- LMSC for Virgina for USMS, Inc
- Jay Peluso and Ashley Tremper (email@example.com)
- Collegiate School Aquatics Center
- 5050 Rdigedale Parkway, Richmond, VA 23234
- Phone: 804-212-1480
- 22-lane, 25-yard indoor pool with fully electronic timing system. 8-lanes will be used for competition
- The length of the competition course is in compliance and on file with USMS in accordance with articles 105.1.7 and 107.2.1, but as a bulkhead course, is subject to length confirmation. Eligibility of times for USMS Top 10 and records will be contingent on verification of bulkhead placement.?
- All swimmers must be members of USMS or purchase a One-Day event registration ($30)
- You may register for USMS online at www.usms.org/reg/
- The Standard Masters age groups will be used (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, etc).
- Relay events: 18+, 25+, 35+, 45+, etc. (10-year increments as high as necessary, determined by the age of the youngest relay member).
- $50 per swimmer. $40 if you purchase a much needed gift for the SwimRVA Swim School.
- You may enter up to 5 individual events.
- There is no limit on the number of relays.
- Online entry is strongly encouraged except for relays which will be deck-entered.
- If you cannot enter online please contact Peluso Open Water for assistance.
- The deadline for online entries is December 11, 2015.
- Relay entries will be deck entered prior to the start of the meet.
- Relay Forms can be found here
- Current USMS rules for Masters Swimming will apply.
- No one will swim alone in a heat.
- Swimmers will be seeded according to entry time and heats will run slowest to fastest.
- Men and women will swim in separate heats.
- Relays will also be deck-seeded.
Warm-Up/Warm Down Procedures:
- The competition pool will be available for warm-ups at 8am with a 9am start time.
- Swimmers will be expected to cooperate with the Safety Marshal, who will monitor warm-up.
- There will be no diving during warm-up except in designated lanes.
- There will be 8-lanes available for warm-up/warm-down at all times during the competition.
- No diving will be allowed in these lanes once the meet has begun.
- The winner in each event for each age group will receive a gift to donate to the SwimRVA swim school in their name.
- The Jingle Bell Rock trophy will be given to the top-scoring team.
- Individual Events: 9-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
- Relays: 18-14-12-10-8-6-4-2
- Results will be posted on the Peluso Open Water website: www.PelusoOpenWater.com
Jingle Bell Relay:
- The last relay of the meet will be a randomized jingle bell relay. A set of bells will be used as the baton. Each swimmer will draw a lane number out of a hat to make up the relays. This means swimmers from different teams, ages, abilities and genders will swim together for the final event. This event is not an official event and will not be scored, but it will be FUN!
- There will be a catered social immediately following the meet where all gifts will be presented to the SwimRVA Swim School.