|Individual Registration||Sun, Sep 8, 2019 12:00 AM||Sat, Nov 9, 2019 11:59 PM|
|Relay-Only Individual Registration||Sun, Sep 8, 2019 11:59 PM||Sat, Nov 9, 2019 11:59 PM|
This competition is limited to the first 150 entrants.
Currently there are 9 entrants.
COMPETITION HOSTS: Nanaimo Ebbtides Swim Club
VENUE: Nanaimo Aquatic Centre
741 Third Street, Nanaimo BC V9R 7B2
Ample Free parking; coin operated day use lockers and concession are
POOL: 8-lane 25 metre competition pool w/electronic timing and 2-lane
25 metre warm down tank
MEET MANAGER: Karlene Clapham (email@example.com)
MEET REFEREE: Terry Ryan
OFFICIALS COORDINATOR: Karlene Clapham (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. All swimmers must be registered with a Swim BC, SNC, or other FINA recognized club.
2. Proof of registration may be required for International Masters swimmers.
3. Age groups for individual events will be: 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39 etc. (five-year age groups increments)
4. Swimmer age is as of December 31st.
5. The meet will be limited to 150 swimmers. Entries will be considered a first-come-first-serve basis.
1. Swimmers are limited to a max of FOUR individual entries plus relays.
2. Swimmers must submit an entry time for each event. Entries with NT will not be accepted.
3. Meet Fees are $40.00 per swimmer
4. Registration Methods:
a. Online: Swimmers must use the Club Assistant link to submit their entries and payment.
Deadline: NOVEMBER 9, 2019 Link:https://www.ClubAssistant.com/club/meet_information.cfm?c=2195&smid=12549
• If you are having issues with the Club Assistant link and/or entries, please contact Karlene Clapham for assistance (email@example.com).
b. Email: Entries will not be accepted using this method.
c. Club Entries: Entries will not be accepted using this method.
d. Phone: Entries will not be accepted using this method.
e. Paper Copy: Entries will not be accepted using this method.
5. All meet fees MUST be accompany all entries.
6. Late entries will not be accepted. No refunds.
7. No deck entries will be accepted with the exception of relays.
GENERAL MEET RULES
1. This meet will observe the FINA Technical Rules as outlined in the current FINA Masters Rulebook as well as:
a. From the deep end: Starts shall be permitted from Starting Platforms (blocks) as per FINA FR 2.3 and SW 4.1.
b. From the shallow end: Starts shall be permitted from the Deck or Bulkhead as per Canadian Facility Rule CFR 2.3.1 and CSW 4.1.1;
2. The FINA one start rule and SNC warm up procedures will be in effect
3. Current SNC Swim Suit policy will be in effect at this meet.
4. All events will be swum as TIME FINALS.
5. Events will be swum slowest to fastest with all age groups and genders swimming together.
a. In the results, swimmers will be separated into the different genders and age groups.
6. The 400 Free event will be limited to 5 heats (the first 40 swimmers) and the 400 IM event will be limited to 2 heats.
a. Clubs/Swimmers will be notified in advance and will have 24 hours to re-submit entries.
7. Meet management reserves the right to reduce this number of entries for all events if the meet time lines do not fit a reasonable time frame. Clubs/swimmers will be notified in advance and will have 24 hours to re-submit entries if needed.
8. Coaches are asked to check in with the Registration Table immediately upon arrival to pay outstanding entry fees, pick up Meet Info packages and receive information regarding any changes.
9. Any act of theft, vandalism or similar action will result in immediate disqualification from the meet.
10. All participants are to respect the facility rules including: no deck changing and no outside shoes on deck.
1. Age groups for relay events will be: 76-99, 100-119, 120-159, 160-199, 200-239 (forty year increments as high as necessary)
2. Women’s and Men’s relays will be combined for the competition but will be separated out in the results.
3. Mixed relay teams MUST have 2 females and 2 males per team.
4. Relay card and/or name change deadlines will be:
a. For Events 3 and 11: 10:50am
b. For Events 17 and 24: 12:30pm
c. The Relay card forms are attached to this meet package. Clubs are responsible to bringing their own copies to the meet and submitting them to the Clerk of Course table.
1. Individual scoring: 20-17-16-15-14-13-12-11 Relay scoring: 40-34-32-30-28-26-24-22
2. Scores from this meet will be included in the League Trophy Award as per the MSABC League Trophy policy.
Each swimmer will receive a participation certificate with labels for each event swam. Certificates must be collected at the meet (they will not be mailed).
Record attempt forms are attached to this meet package. It is the swimmer and/or coach’s responsibility to fill out the form and submit to the Clerk of Course/office prior to the start of the session.
Ebbtides members are available to provide a ride from the ferry to the pool for participants arriving on the 8:25am Horseshoe Bay ferry. Please indicate on the entry form, in Club Assistant, the number of swimmers requiring a ride.
Chili potluck immediately following swimming in the Jack Little room (Room B).
WARM UP AND SESSION TIMES
Saturday Nov. 16, 2019
Warm-up 10:30 - 11:15am
Competition 11:30am - 5:30pm
Note: Session completion time is approximate
|3||Women||200 M||Free Relay|
|4||Men||200 M||Free Relay|
|12||Women||200 M||Medley Relay|
|13||Men||200 M||Medley Relay|
|19||Mixed||200 M||Medley Relay|
|26||Mixed||200 M||Free Relay|
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "Masters Swimming Assoc of BC."