It is now Pacific Time (PST) on .
Tue, Dec 1, 2020
Fri, Jan 1, 2021
JOIN THE AQUATIC CAPITAL OF AMERICA FOR
The 2020 POLAR PLUNGE
We had so much fun putting together our first virtual event in August that we decided to do another one!
Announcing our 1st Annual Virtual Polar Plunge!
Each year there are numerous polar bear swims/dips around the world, and many of you participate in at least one. To our knowledge, they are almost all local events. Our virtual event offers you a somewhat different experience. HOW:
WHO: You! Plus all your watery friends willing to get wet while, of course, socially distancing.
WHAT: Immerse yourself in water, preferably outdoors (no bathtubs or showers), during any or all of 8 days.
WHEN: The 8 days beginning with Christmas Day 2020 and ending on New Year's Day 2021.
WHERE: Any body of water that allows swimming: ocean (for the genetically pure polar bears), lake, river, or even yes - a pool (for those who scream when their tootsies hit cold water).
WHY: Aquatic Capital will use the net proceeds raised through this event to pay swim lesson fees for youths in underserved, primarily minority, areas of Long Beach (Waterproof Our Youth©).
- Dip, dunk or swim - up to your neck, head under, or swim (the distance is up to you)
- Participate just once, or up to all 8 days
- Each time you get wet, log in to let everyone know
- What type of water (ocean, lake, river, pool)
- Where you were (e.g., nearest town or name of lake)
- You dipped, dunked, or swam (if swam, how far?)
- What the water temperature was
- Wetsuit - yes or no
- After you swim, we would love to have evidence (this is not a requirement)! Take a selfie showing you shivering and post it to the Facebook Group Page for this event
payable online when you register
Your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events"HOW DO I REGISTER:
Online through Club Assistant. Click on the "Register Online Now!" button at top or bottom of this page. Entries are accepted at any time beginning December 1, 2020 through January 1, 2021.REGISTER TODAY: As a bonus, participants who post pictures/videos of themselves wearing their shirt in the Aquatic Capital Polar Plunge Facebook Group Page will be entered into a drawing to receive some Aquatic Capital swag! Drawing will be held on January 2nd. Note: Participants who register after December 14th will receive their T-shirts after the New Year. ADDITIONAL DETAILS:
- Prevailing local social distancing directives should be followed
- Open to all who are at least 10 years old as of 12/25/20
- This is a challenge, not a competition! Avoid hypothermia!
- You may enter as part of a team, an official team or make up your own with groups of friends who think this will be fun!
- Honor system for logging the water temperature
- Share your comments, tracking and pictures on the Aquatic Capital Polar Plunge Facebook Group Page and on Aquatic Capital's Instagram account using the hashtags #AquaticCapitalofAmerica, #PolarPlunge #LongBeachCA #Swimming #DarnColdWater #ThisIsChilling
- Tow floats, fins, hand paddles, and even wetsuits are allowed
Dips/swims will be posted online
- Click on this link https://www.swimphone.com/meets/swimmers.cfm?smid=13492
- Find your name (alphabetical by last name) and click on it to take you to your individual Athlete Profile screen. You can bookmark your Athlete Profile page if you want to go straight there in the future.
- From the dropdown list
- Enter the date done
- Enter "Dip" "Dunk" or "Swim"
- Enter the water temperature
- Enter the email address you used to register
- Click on the submit Submit button
- Your individual daily details will be automatically updated every time you Submit
Once you submit your details, click on the button for Overall Results
to see the DAILY GROUP RESULTS
Contact the Event Directors: Ryan Fox (firstname.lastname@example.org
) or Lucy Johnson (email@example.com
STAY SAFE AND HAVE FUN!!!
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."
Online Registration closed on 1/1/2021.