It is now Mountain Time (MDT) on .
Fri, Apr 24, 2020
Tue, Sep 1, 2020
Click for Athlete Roster
The 2020 OPEN WATER VIRTUAL GRAND SLAM is a summer-long, 4-race open water competition where participants swim and submit their times in the four competitive triathlon distances.
Each stage is scored individually AND there is a cumulative result of combined times at the completion of all four distances. There are categories for wetsuit, non-wetsuit, AND BOTH (for eight total swims).GRAND SLAM rankings will be updated weekly and posted online at the host website and Meet Mobile. Certificates of accomplishment, compete with event rankings, will be e-mailed out at the end of each stage, and awards will be presented for those swimming all four events to complete the GRAND SLAM.
||EXTENDED TO 6/14
||800M (875 yards)
||1500M (1640 yards)
||1.93K (2110 yards)
||3.86K (4221 yards)
- Swims should be considered safe AND must be open for swimming by local authorities. Prevailing local social distancing directives should be followed.
- Swimmers submit times via e-mail to the event host according to the established deadlines. Submitted times must be tracked via the open water setting of GPS-enabled wearable (Garmin, Apple, Fitbit, etc.). In addition to the date, time, duration, distance, category (wetsuit or non-wetsuit), and map-track, a PICTURE of each swim is encouraged (potentially for social media and other publishing).
- Where necessary, “over-distances” will be adjusted by 100M averages to fit the relevant stage: 16-minutes for a 1600M swim = an adjusted 15-minute time for a 1500M distance.
- Times from official events may be submitted (without GPS tracking).
- Each distance may be submitted TWICE allowing for time improvements based upon conditions, improved fitness, etc.
- Category I and Category II swimwear are encouraged and scored separately. Tow floats and non-speed enhancing items are allowed in either category. Fins and handle paddles, for example, are NOT allowed. Swimmers may participate in BOTH categories for a total of eight swims.
- To account for currents, swims held in flowing water (rivers, tides, etc.) must be swum 50% against the current and 50% with the current. Reach out to the event hosts if clarification if needed.
ELIGIBILITYALL Swimmers are eligible to participate, regardless of age or affilitation.AGE GROUPSAge for the 2020 OPEN WATER VIRTUAL GRAND SLAM is determined as of Dec. 31, 2020, Age groups: Under 18, 18–24, 25–29, 30–34, 35–39 … (five year increments as needed).TIME SUBMISSIONPlease submit times via e-mail to the event director: Mark Johnston (Coach@FlowSwimmers.com). Each distance may be submitted TWICE allowing for time improvements based upon conditions, improved fitness, etc. Submitted times must be tracked via the open water setting of GPS-enabled wearable (Garmin, Apple, Fitbit, etc.). In addition to the date, time, duration, distance, category (wetsuit or non-wetsuit), and map-track, a PICTURE of each swim is encouraged (potentially for social media and other publishing).
Click here for TIME SUBMISSION INFORMATION.RESULTS/STANDINGSGrand Slam rankings will be updated weekly and posted online at www.flowswimmers.com and on Meet Mobile.CERTIFICATES & AWARDSCertificates of accomplishment, compete with event rankings, will be e-mailed at the end of each sub-event and awards will be presented to those swimming all four events to complete their GRAND SLAM. (Awards to be determined by overall participation).
There will also be a few random prizes raffled off during the summer. THANKS TO BLUESEVENTY for its sponsorship of the event!
FEES & DEADLINES$15.00 for for wetsuit, non-wetsuit, or BOTH! Entries are accepted at any time. However, to be considered for Stage rankings, swimmers must be registered during that particular stage. Late entries will be considered for cumulative GRAND SLAM results, and “missed” distances should be submitted for GRAND SLAM consideration.REGISTRATIONOnline through Club Assistant: CLUB ASSISTANT or click here for Paper Event Info.Contact the Event Director: Mark Johnston, at (303) 887-3930 / Coach@FlowSwimmers.com
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."
Online Registration closed on 9/1/2020.