It is now Mountain Time (MDT) on .
Fri, Jan 15, 2016
Wed, Nov 30, 2016
2016 POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE
Hosted By Flow Swimmers
Sanctioned by Montana Masters for USMS, Inc.
The 2016 Postal Swimtathlon League is a year-long, postal pentathlon event where participants swim and submit times in stages.
Five events are included in each pentathlon stage (Fly, Back, Breast, Free, and Individual Medley), and cumulative times are used for league standings and results.
Postal Swimtathlon League standings and rankings will be updated monthly, sent out via e-mail, and posted online at the host website: www.FlowSwimmers.com.
Certificates of accomplishment, compete with event rankings, and awards will be presented at the end of each stage and at the end of Stage Four (15 cumulative events).
$5.00 of each entry will be donated to the Flathead Lakers (501c-3) to protect Flathead Lake.
- REGISTER NOW for the Swimtathlon League with Club Assistant. You don't need your times to register!
- Once registered for the Swimtathlon League, proceed to the POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE website and submit your times. Times may be submitted via e-mail to the Event Director: Mark Johnston, Flow Swimmers, Coach@FlowSwimmers.com. See submission format below for e-mail submissions.
- Submitted times may be from a meet OR during a practice. The only timing requirement is a stopwatch and an independent timer/verifier. This is an honor system event.
- With the exception of backstroke, there will be a starting block adjustment of 1.5-seconds per event. For example, if the submitted time for a 50-yard free was 30.00, “from an in-water push,” then the official time would be 28.50 to compensate for the lack of a starting block.
- Swimmers may submit one challenge per month, per event. For example, in January, a swimmer who submitted 50 free time of 30.00 could improve that time in February to 29.50 and submit that result. Faster times may be submitted only once per month, per event (Free, Breast, Back, Butterfly, and Individual Medley). Updated league standings will be posted monthly.
- In STAGE FOUR, swimmers may submit faster times for any of the fifteen Swimtathlon League events (once per month). The cumulative times for all fifteen events determine the final Swimtathlon League standings.
- Times may be submitted in any course (SCY, SCM, and/or LCM); however, short course yards will be used for Swimtathlon League standings. The conversion tool at swimmingworld.com will be used for determination.
Swimmers must be United States Masters Swimming (USMS) registered members to participate. Visit www.usms.org
to register or renew.
Age for the Postal Swimtathlon League is determined as of Dec. 31, 2016, except for 18-year-olds, who must be 18 at
the time of entry. Age groups for individual events: 18–24, 25–29, 30–34, 35–39 … (five year increments as needed).
The prefered time submission method is through the online form at: POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE.
You may submit times via e-mail to the event director: Mark Johnston, Flow Swimmers, Coach@FlowSwimmers.com
Swimmer Name: Joe Swimmer
USMS Number: XXXX-YYYYY
Event(s) and Time(s):
50 Free – 30.00 (to the nearest 100th of a second)
50 Back – 33.12
50 Breast – 38.40
50 Fly – 31.28
100IM – 1:10.20
Date of Swim: January 3rd, 2016
Practice OR Meet: Note the meet or include the following two lines for time verification
Independent Timer: Sally Timer
Timer Phone/E-mail: (406) 555-1212 or STimer@usms.org
Course: Short Course Yards (SCY), Short Course Meters (SCM) or Long Course Meters (LCM)*
Starting Blocks: Start from a block or an in-water push**
* For League Standings, the event director will convert all times to short course yards using the online conversion tool
** With the exception of backstroke, times achieved from an in-water start will be adjusted faster by 1.5-seconds.
*** Once each month, swimmers may submit new, improved times for each event. During Stage Four, ALL times (15
events) may be challenged, improved and submitted monthly.
Swimtathlon League standings and results will be updated monthly and posted online at www.FlowSwimmers.com
CERTIFICATES & AWARDS
Certificates of Accomplishment, complete with event standings, will be e-mailed to all participants at the end of each
Swimtathlon Stage and at the completion of the 2016 event (all fifteen events). Awards to be determined.
FEES, CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION, AND DEADLINES
League Fee: $20 with $5 from each entry going to the Flathead Lakers
(501c-3) to help protect the Flathead Lake
watershed. For details about the Lakers work, visit their website at www.FlatheadLakers.org.
Entries are accepted at any time during the year. However, to be considered for Stage rankings, swimmers must be
registered during that particular stage.
Online through Club Assistant
Time submission through the event host: Flow Swimmers at POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE
Contact the Event Director, Mark Johnston, at (303) 887-3930 for paper, mail-in registration details.
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."
Online Registration closed on 11/30/2016.