Sunday, January 1 - Friday, December 1, 2017
Swim Meet Registration
|Swimmer Registration||Wed, December 7, 2016 12:00 AM MT||Thu, November 30, 2017 11:59 PM MT|
|2017 POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE
Hosted By Flow Swimmers
Sanctioned by Montana Masters for USMS, Inc.
The 2017 Postal Swimtathlon League is a year-long, postal pentathlon event where participants swim and submit times in stages.
Five events are included in each pentathlon stage (Fly, Back, Breast, Free, and Individual Medley), and cumulative times are used for league standings and results.
Postal Swimtathlon League standings and rankings will be updated monthly and posted online at the host website: www.FlowSwimmers.com. Certificates of accomplishment, compete with event rankings, and awards will be presented at the end of each stage and at the end of Stage Four (15 cumulative events).
A portion of each entry will be donated to the Flathead Lake Swim Guide Project to collect and analyze the recreational water quality of Flathead Lake.
1. Swimmers and/or representatives submit times and challenges via the online TIME SUBMISSION FORM.
2. Submitted times may be from a meet OR during a practice. The only timing requirement is a stopwatch and an independent timer/verifier. This is an honor system event.
3. With the exception of backstroke, there will be a starting block adjustment of 1.5-seconds per event. For example, if the submitted time for a 50-yard free was 30.00, “from an in-water push,” then the official time would be 28.50 to compensate for the lack of a starting block.
4. In STAGE FOUR, swimmers may submit faster times for any of the fifteen Swimtathlon League events (once per month). The cumulative times for all fifteen events determine the final Swimtathlon League standings.
5. Times may be submitted in any course (SCY, SCM, and/or LCM); however, short course yards will be used for Swimtathlon League standings. The conversion tool at SwimSwam.com will be used for determination.
Swimmers must be United States Masters Swimming (USMS) registered members to participate. Visit www.usms.org to register or renew.
Age for the Postal Swimtathlon League is determined as of Dec. 31, 2016, except for 18-year-olds, who must be 18 at the time of entry. Age groups for individual events: 18–24, 25–29, 30–34, 35–39 … (five year increments as needed).
Please submit times via the online TIME SUBMISSION FORM and an automatic e-mail will be generated to the event director: Mark Johnston (Coach@FlowSwimmers.com).
Note #1: All times will be converted to short course yards using the online conversion tool at SwimSwam.com.
Note #2: Except for backstroke, times achieved from an in-water start will be adjusted faster by 1.5-seconds.
Note #3: Once each month, swimmers may submit new, improved times for any event from the current stage. During Stage Four, ALL times (15 events) may be challenged, improved and submitted monthly.
Swimtathlon League standings and results will be updated monthly and posted online at www.FlowSwimmers.com.
CERTIFICATES & AWARDS
Certificates of Accomplishment, complete with event standings, will be e-mailed to all participants at the end of each Swimtathlon Stage and at the completion of the 2016 event (all fifteen events). Awards to be determined.
FEES, CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION, AND DEADLINES
League Fee: $25 with $5 from each entry going to the Flathead Lake Swim Guide Project to collect and analyze the recreational water quality of Flathead Lake. For details about The Swim Guide and to download APP, visit www.TheSwimGuide.org.
Entries are accepted at any time during the year. However, to be considered for Stage rankings, swimmers must be registered during that particular stage.
Online through Club Assistant: REGISTER HERE.
Contact the Event Director, Mark Johnston, at 406-298-FLOW (3569) / Coach@FlowSwimmers.com for paper registration.
|Please note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."|