|Blue Marsh Open Water Mile
Sponsored by the Berks County Aquatic Hall of Fame
1 Mile Distance
Place: Dry Brooks Day Use – Beach Area – 1420 Palisades Dr
Time: Check-in 6:15am – 6:45am; Race Starts at 7:00am
Eligibility: Anyone who is 13 years of age or older on the date of the event.
Limit of first 125 Swimmers
Deadline to enter competition - Monday July 24, 2017 at 11:59pm Eastern time.
Race Fee: $25.00 Non-refundable. Credit card processing by ClubAssistant.com Events.
For questions or registration email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules for Participation
- All participants are required to wear swimsuits (no cut off shorts, etcetera).
- No swimmers are permitted to wear or use any device or substance to enhance speed, pace, buoyancy or endurance during a race (such as webbed gloves, fins, snorkels, neoprene caps, etc.).
- Unsportsmanlike conduct is not permitted. Obstructing another swimmer by intentionally colliding with the other swimmer, intentionally grabbing another swimmer, or otherwise interfering with the other swimmer shall disqualify the offender, subject to the discretion of the race officials. Nevertheless, all swimmers must recognize that having physical contact with other swimmers is a likely occurrence. Thus, swimmers are encouraged to don goggles extra tight before a swim to lessen the chance of having them knocked off by another swimmer or a wave.
- Goggles should be worn, and rubdown oil may be applied if not considered excessive by race officials.
- All participants are required to have their arms and race issued caps marked with their race number prior to entering the water. Additional medical identification items may be worn. Any kind of tape on the body is not permitted unless approved by race officials.
- Inexperienced open water swimmers should start at the rear of the pack.
- Race officials have the final determination of all interpretations of these rules and have sole discretion to resolve disputes as to finish times and places.
- All participants must sign the Berks County Aquatic Hall of Fame Waiver of Liability or (if under the age of 18 years of age) a parent or guardian must sign the Berks County Aquatic Hall of Fame Waiver of Liability for Minors.