It is now Central Time (CDT) on .
Wed, May 30, 2018
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
This competition is limited to the first 190 entrants.
Currently there are 72 entrants.
Cream City Classic
Milwaukee's First Open River Swim
August 11, 2018
Phone: (414) 236-0922
Public Pier at E. Erie St. & N. Jackson St. in the Third Ward
August 18th, 2018
Check In: 6:30 - 7:30 AM
Mandatory Pre-Race Swimmer Safety Meeting: 7:40 AM
Start Time: 8 AM
$50 + US Masters Swimming Membership (one-day registration available at check-out)
Online entry fee is paid by credit card to ClubAssistant.com. Due to the fixed cost of running an event such as this, we do not offer refunds for event cancellation or if you are unable to swim for any reason.
Length of Swim
NO RACE DAY ENTRIES. MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE.
Must be a member of US Masters Swimming and 18 years or over. Adults who are not members of USMS have the option of a one-day membership during the online entry process. The one-day membership is $21 (in addition to the event entry fee of $50)
Event Director: Kirsten Shead
Swim Route Map
Details & What to Expect
- Swimmers are required to wear the fluorescent caps provided by the race organizer.
- Expected water temperature: 68 - 73 degrees Farenheit
- In-water start and finish adjacent to the River Dock, where the water is 15-25 feet deep, to avoid any potential hazards at the bottom of the river.
- Swimmers are required to avoid diving off the dock to get to the starting line.
- There is no expectation of any interference or danger from marine life or of any significant impact of tides or currents on swimmer performance or safety.
- Milwaukee Riverkeeper will be testing the water the day before the race to ensure safe swimming conditions.
- Wetsuits are allowed, unless water temperatures exceed 78 degrees (as per USMS rules). If water temperature is between 57-60 degrees, course will be shortened and wetsuits required. Below 57 degrees, the race will be canceled and held on August 18th.
- Other assistive devices including fins, snorkels, masks, and paddles are not allowed.
- Swimmers are not permitted to wear headphones during the race.
- EMTs and lifeguards will be present.
- Boating access will be restricted during the race by the US Coast Guard and Milwaukee Police.
- This race is not for novices; it is for experienced open-water swimmers only.
- If swimmers do not round the halfway buoy in 45 minutes they can be pulled from the water per the discretion of the race director and/or safety director.
- Swimmers may experience random flotsom and jetsom in the river.
- If river currents are at flood stage due to recent rains, the race will be cancelled or postponed, mainly due to possibility of woody debris or other hazards coming downstream.
The race may be cancelled and rescheduled for the rain date for the following reasons. If this happens, we will send out email notifications the day before the race and post to the event website.
- Recent significant rainfall;
- Severe weather including lightning;
- Water quality tests that do not meet safety standards.
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."
Online Registration closed on 8/9/2018.