Oregon Masters Swimming is hosting a Breaststroke Clinic on Sunday, November 5, 2017 from 8:30 – 12:30pm in Oregon City, Oregon.
The OMS Breaststroke clinic, offered by Oregon Masters Swimming coaches, will help fitness swimmers learn important swimming drills that will improve stroke technique. Learn how to be efficient in the water and enjoy your swimming experience. The registration for the clinic is limited to 36 swimmers.
Sunday, November 5, 2017
Oregon City Municipal Swimming Pool
1211 Jackson Street
Oregon City, OR 97045
- The Theory and Practice of Modern Breaststroke, Making YOU a better breaststroke swimmer.
- Introduction and a brief history of the evolution of breaststroke
- The physics of streamlining and propulsion
- Description of the mechanics of the pull
- Description of the mechanics of the kick
- Timing, how and when to put it together, including undulation and breathing
- Turns and pullouts
- In the water drills
- Stroke analysis and critique
Dr. Allen Stark, MD.
Bio: I am a Psychiatric Physician still in practice after 40 years. I am in practice with my wife, Carol, who is a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist. She is also a Masters Swimmer and we met at the Rice University pool. I was captain of the swim team and she was, successfully, bugging the coach to form a women's team (pre-Title IX).
I have been swimming Masters for 43 years and have twice broken the Masters World Record in the 200M breast.
8:30-9:00am Registration Check-in
9:00-10:00am Welcome and Introduction
10:00-11:00am On deck clinic
11:00-12:15pm Pool session
12:15-12:30pm Clear pool and facility
1) Be a current member of USMS, 2) join USMS, or 3) Complete a 30 Day USMS Trial Offer. All participants must sign a USMS liability waiver.
Current USMS membership is required.
$40.00 per swimmer
Scholarships are available for OMS members. Please contact Susie Young: email@example.com
Who should attend?
Fitness swimmers, lap swimmers and tri-athletes who would like to improve their overall swimming experience. USMS Certified Coaches are encouraged to attend at no cost.
Online and day of event registration will be available. Registration will close when course enrollment reaches 36.
Online Registration is paid by Credit Card
Your online registration for this course will be paid by credit card and processed by Club Assistant. Please look for “ClubAssistant.com Events” on your credit card statement.
Tim Waud firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinic course registrations are non-refundable and non-transferrable to another individual.
PLEASE NOTE: click the Non-member Sign-up button below to register.