USMS National Coaches Clinic
Friday, November 11, 2016 2:00 PM
Sunday, November 13, 2016 12:00 PM
This Event has closed. Try another Event.
Get Educated & Have Fun!
U.S. Masters Swimming and the USMS Coaches Committee present
the USMS National Coaches Clinic
San Mateo Athletic Club, San Mateo, Calif.
Friday, November 11 - Sunday, November 13, 2016
Steve Munatones, President & Co-founder of KAATSU Global, Inc.
Ron Marcikic, Director/Head Coach, University of California, San Diego Masters Sports
Cokie Lepinski, Founder, Head Coach Swymnut Masters, USMS Coach of the Year 2014
Dr. John Mullen, DPT, CSCS, World renowned expert in sports training and rehabilitation
Sheila Taormina, Olympian in swimming, triathlon and pentathlon
Dr. Ernie Maglischo, NCAA Division II Coach of the year, Author
Dr. Rod Havriluck, President, Swimming Technology Research
Friday, November 11, 2016
Saturday, November 12, 2016
- 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. All things open water
- 5:30 - 8:30p.m. Team building discussion: Friday night madness at the pool and welcome reception
Sunday, November 13, 2016
- 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. Optional swim practice
- 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. Turn for Pete's sake!
- 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. Masters swimming strength and injury prevention
- 11:30 - 1:00 p.m. Beyond Mechanics: Coaching a propulsive freestyle stroke
- 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. Lunch and roundtable discussion on site
- 2:30 - 4:30 p.m. Pool clinic
- 4:30 - 6:00 p.m. Tailoring training methods and performance expectations to Masters
- 7:00 p.m. Dinner at the Marriott
- 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. Optional turns clinicc
- 8:00 - 9:30 a.m. Workout for Pac Masters celebration attendees
- 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. Halo tubing training
- 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. Swimming Science: Technique misconception - open to NCC & Pac Masters celebration attendees
- 11:30 - 12:00 p.m. Clinic wrap up
- 11:45 - 3:00 p.m. Pacific Masters celebration & annual meeting with keynote speaker
- $175 per coach if registered by July 1, 2016
- $200 per coach if registered between July 2 and September 30, 2016
- $250 per coach if regsitered between October 1 and October 21, 2016
- USMS registered designated coaches will receive a $25 discount.
- Registration includes continental breakfast at the meeting site on Saturday and Sunday, Friday night reception, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, all class sessions Friday, Saturday and Sunday and electronic copies of presentation materials
Online registration only. Registration closes at midnight Pacific time on Friday, October 21, 2016
- Please contact your LMSC for any scholarship/reimbursement information and availability
All National Coaches Clinic handouts, maps and schedules will be provided in electronic format prior to the weekend. Coaches who wish to receive a paper copy will need to contact Helen Naylor
by November 1, 2016
San Mateo Marriott - San Francisco Airport
1770 S. Amphlett Blvd.
San Mateo, CA 94402
$159.00 USD per night - single or double occupancy
Complimentary internet access
$5.00 self parking fee per vehicle per night
Book your group rate directly with Marriott for USMS National Coaching Convention.
For any additional information please contact Helen Naylor at helen.naylor@Vanderbilt.Edu
or call (615) 414-6072
National Coaches Clinic registrations are non-refundable and non-transferrable to another individual.