Get Educated & Have Fun!
Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel - 3400 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169
Buchanan Natatorium - UNLV Campus, 4505 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89154
2022 PRESENTERS (Updates to presenters will be added as they become availabe)
Dr. Genadijus Sokolovas is considered by many to be one of the world’s most accomplished sports physiologist. Genadijus was USA Swimming’s Director of Physiology & Director of Sport Science from 2000 to 2008. He developed several innovative testing programs for USA Swimming Olympic and National Team members (including lactate clearance tests, land/water strength tests, biomechanical analysis and training design programs). Before his work at USA Swimming, Genadijus was the Dean of Coaching Faculty at the Lithuanian Academy of Physical Education between 1987-2000 where he served as the Scientific Advisor of Lithuanian Swimming, Modern Pentathlon and Track & Field. Also as the Head of Laboratory of Computerization in Sport, Genadijus optimized training strategies in swimming, running, race walking, modern pentathlon and triathlon, and developed mathematical models of adaptation of athletes in career, seasonal and weekly training.
- Cyndi Gallagher is the retired UCLA Head Swimming & Diving coach where she spent 31 years as Head Coach and had a 38-year run at UCLA as a head coach, assistant coach and student-athlete. Her tenure at UCLA produced 11 Olympians, 21 Pac-12 Champions, and 91 All-Americans. Gallagher has twice been named the Pac-10 Coach of the Year, and in 2019, was inducted in the ASCA Hall of Fame. Currently Gallagher is Head Coach of DC Tridents of the International Swim League.
- Ambrose "Rowdy" Gaines is one of the top ambassadors of the sport of swimming, U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame member, three-time Olympic gold medalist, a member of the International Swimming Hall of Fame and serves as a spokesperson for the USA Swimming Foundation. He is a swimming analyst for the NBC television network and has covered swimming at the Olympic Games since 1992 in Barcelona, Spain. Currently, he is the Vice President, Partnerships & Development for the Pool and Hot Tub Alliance.
Friday, October 7, 2022
- Dean Hutchinson is in his fifth year as Co-Owner of the Strive Swim Science Center in New Jersey where he coaches athletes, as well as rehabilitates them from injuries. A former standout swimmer from Delran High School, Jersey Wahoo’s, and Auburn University, Hutchinson was a seven-time NCAA Division I All-American and USA National Team member. He was a co-captain of Auburn’s first-ever Southeastern Conference Championship team in 1994 and a flag bearer and silver medalist at the World University Games in 1999. Hutchinson’s highest world ranking was eighth in the 50-meter freestyle in 1994. He competed in three Olympic Trials and captured Rookie of the Meet honors at the 1992 Olympic Trials. Hutchinson earned his B.S. degree in Exercise Science at Auburn University and added an M.S degree in Physical Therapy from Allegheny University in 1998. Hutchinson practices physical therapy with Strive Physical Therapy and Aquatic Rehabilitation in NJ.
Welcome Reception, 6 – 9 p.m. Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel3400 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169
Saturday, October 8, 2022Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel3400 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169Breakfast on own
- Dinner provided
- Opening remarks from USMS and the Coaches Committee
8:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. - General session
11:15 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. – Lunch provided 12:45 p.m. – 4:50 p.m. - General session
- 8:15-9:45 a.m. – Session 1:
- 9:45 –10:15 a.m. - Break
- 10:15 -11:15 a.m. – Session 2:
Dinner on own Sunday, October 9, 2022
- 12:45 - 1:45 p.m. – Session 3:
- 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. – Session 4:
- 3:30 – 3:50 p.m. – Break
- 3:50 – 4:50 p.m. – Session 5:
Breakfast on own
8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Pool session
MPE Recreation CenterUNLV Campus,
4505 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89154
Registration fee includes Friday night dinner reception, Saturday lunch, all presentations on Saturday, pool sessions on Sunday, and electronic copies of presentation materials. All handouts, maps and schedules will be provided in electronic format prior to the weekend.
- 8:00 – 8:50 a.m. – Optional pool Workout
- 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. – Pool Clinic: Open water and stroke technique with Dr. G.
- 11:00 – 11:30 a.m. – Clinic wrap up
Note - USMS certified coaches who are designated coaches will automatically receive a $20 discount during registration. Hotel InformationRenaissance Las Vegas Hotel3400 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169Room Rate:$
- $275 per coach if registered by September 1, 2022
- $300 per coach if registered after September 1, 2022
209 + $30 Destination fee and taxes (Destination fee includes: Access to Fitness Center, Enhanced Wi-Fi, Local Draft Beer (1 per day/per room), Complimentary Dessert (1 per day/per room), $20 Play at Local Casino, Whiskey Tasting)There are a limited number of hotel rooms available at the Marriott and you must book your room directly with Marriott to obtain your group rate of $209 + $30 amenity fee and taxes per night for the National Coaches Clinic. Rooms are available on a first-come, first serve basis until the block is full or we reach the cut-off date of Friday, September 9, 2022. USMS will not book accommodation reservations for coaches. Reservations can also be made by calling Marriott central reservation number at 1-800-750-0980 and reference the 2022 National Coaches Clinic.
Online registration only. Registration closes at midnight Pacific time on Wednesday, October 5, 2022 or when the enrollment reaches 125 participants.
Please contact your LMSC for any scholarship/reimbursement information and availability
For any additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org