2019 Postal Two-Mile Relay
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Saturday, November 30, 2019
Hosted by Tualatin Hills Barracudas
Sanctioned by Oregon LMSC for USMS, Inc. #379-S008
Swim & Registration: Schedule, Deadlines, & Fees
Date of Swim: The Postal Two Mile Relay must be swum in its entirety on or between October 1, 2019 to November 30, 2019. All relay members MUST be a currently registered member of USMS or a FINA member national governing body ON or BEFORE THE DAY OF THE SWIM!
- Online Entry Only! Entries received by mail will not be accepted and will be returned to sender.
- Swim the Postal Two Mile Relay event FIRST.
- Then the Team Captain submits the entry for the relay event. At the prompt, have names, USMS numbers, and date of birth for all team members, and the final time to 0.1 second for 3600 yards/meters.
Entry Deadline: All entries must be submitted online by 11:59pm on December 10, 2019 Pacific time. Your online entry is not complete until you have received a confirmation of your entry by email. If you do not receive this confirmation, please contact the Event Director.
Fees: $20.00 for each USMS relay entry ($25.00 for foreign relays). Fees are non-refundable. Entries must be paid by credit card, either Visa or MasterCard and will be processed by "ClubAssistant.com Events"
Objective: To swim 3600 yards (approximately two miles) as a relay. Relays will consist of 2, 3, or 4 swimmers, each swimming 100 yards in the same rotation, until 3600 yards is completed. Some do the event for competition, others do it for fitness, all do it for fun—all who wish to participate are welcome! The time for your relay to complete 3600 yards determines the order of finish; if two or more relay teams report the same time, a tie shall be declared.
Location: Swimmers shall swim the Postal Two Mile Relay in any 25-yard or 25-meter pool (25-meter final times will be converted to 25-yard times by the event host). Teams competing in a 25-meter pool will swim 3600 meters. Please submit your final time in the course that you swam. We will convert meter times to yard times by multiplying by 0.9144.
Eligibility: All participants must be 2019 USMS members (or the equivalent FINA organization for foreign swimmers) on or before the day of their swim. Online entries for USMS members will be verified automatically. Foreign swimmers who enter online must submit an electronic copy or mail a copy of their equivalent organization 2019 registration card to the event director by December 10, 2019.
USMS Rules: Current USMS Rules will govern this event.
- Swimwear: USMS Rule 102.12.1 will govern swimwear. No swimmer is permitted to wear or use any device or substance to enhance speed, pace, buoyancy, or endurance during a race (such as webbed gloves, fins, power bands, adhesive substances, snorkels, neoprene caps, etc.)
- Relay Age Groups: 18+, 25+, 35+,… (10 year age groups as high as necessary). The age of the youngest relay member determines the age group. Each individual swimmer’s age on Dec. 31, 2019 will determine his or her age group. [Rule 301.4: In open water and postal swims, the eligibility of a swimmer shall be determined by the age of the swimmer on December 31 of the year of competition, except for 18-year- olds, who must be 18 on the day that they swim."]
- Drafting: Drafting is not permitted [Rule 306.4.2]. One relay team per lane.
- Officials: At least one adult acting as referee/starter/head timer /exchange judge shall be present at all times during the swim [Rule 306.3.1].
- Integrity & Unsporting Conduct: Each entrant shall be responsible for the validity of the split times and time submitted [Rule 306.9.1]. Any act of fraud, deception or dishonesty in connection with this event or knowingly providing false information including name, date of birth, age or gender on this event entry form may result in disciplinary action by USMS [Rules 402.3, 402.4.3 and 402.4.4].
Specific Event Rules:
- Each relay team shall have a timer who shall time and count lengths by recording split times for each four lengths (100 yards/meters) during the swim. Timing may be done with a stopwatch or electronic timing device. Cumulative split times must be recorded to the nearest second on the official event split sheet (CLICK HERE for PDF Split Sheet, which must be kept for each relay).
- Swimmers may start from the starting block, the pool deck, or a push from the wall. If a swimmer’s feet have lost contact with the starting platform (block, deck, or wall) before the preceding teammate touches the wall, the team will be assessed a 10 second penalty. Flagrant false starting may be subject to disqualification.
- If any member of the relay is unable to swim his or her leg, the team is disqualified.
- Relay teams may consist of two, three, or four swimmers:
o For relays with 2 swimmers, each swimmer will swim 18 x 100 in the same rotation.
o For relays with 3 swimmers, each swimmer will swim 12 x 100 in the same rotation.
o For relays with 4 swimmers, each swimmer will swim 9 x 100 in the same rotation.
- There are no separate categories based on number of swimmers on relay teams.
- This event will be contested in three categories: Women, Men, and Mixed. Mixed relays must have 2 or 4 relay team members with equal number of men and women.
- Participants are allowed to swim in multiple relays. If you do have a problem registering, please contact email@example.com.
Records: Click here to see Two Mile Relay Records.
Results: Preliminary individual results will be posted on the THB website (www.barracudas.org) by January 7, 2019 for one week. All corrections must be sent to the event director during that week. Final results will be posted promptly after corrections.
Commemorative T-Shirt (Unisex) S - XL - $20.00
Commemorative T-Shirt (Unisex) 2XL- 4XL - $22.00
Club Championship: Each Club will be entered automatically in the Club championship. Points will be awarded for first through eighth place in each age group and category. Points awarded from first to eighth will be 9-7- 6-5- 4-3- 2-1. Club totals will be listed on the web site.
Event Director: Jim Teisher, firstname.lastname@example.org