SPMS Racing Skills Clinic
Looking for the Palm Springs Masters SCY Meet on Sunday January 29th?
Hosted by SPMS and Palm Springs Masters
Saturday, January 28, 2023
2:00PM to 4:00PMFine tune your racing skills
with the help of top coaches from several SPMS teams!
Here is the link for meet information and registration.Facility:
Palm Springs Swim Center is an outdoor 50 meter by 25 yard competition pool located at 405 South Pavilion Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262.Directions and Parking:
Palm Springs Swim Center is located in Sunrise Park, at the corner of Ramon Road and South Sunrise Way, adjacent to Palm Springs High School. From South Sunrise Way, turn East on East Baristo Road then turn South on South Pavillion Way. Enter parking lot on right. Parking is free. Follow signs to pool.Entries:
All participants must be registered with USMS for 2023 or foreign equivalents.
- Early Registration Fee $60.00 flat fee
- Early Registration price closes Sunday January 22, 2023 at 11:59pm Pacific Time
- Late Registrations will be allowed for a flat fee of $80.00.
- Online Registrations close Saturday January 28, 2023 at 12:00 PM (noon) Pacific Time.
- DECK ENTRIES WILL BE ALLOWED ONLY IF SPACE ALLOWS.
Entry fees will go to facility costs and paying coaches who work the Clinic.Disability Swimmers:
Disability swimmers are welcome. Please notify the Clinic Director and Event Host prior to the clinic, of any disability and of the requested modification. The swimmer/coach shall provide any assistant(s) or equipment if required.CLINIC DETAILS:
- The Clinic will be broken into six 30 min stations (you can pick the 4 you need the most, or even repeat a station you want more work on).
- Each Station will start with 5-10 min of instruction progression followed by 20 minutes to practice the skills under supervision of coaches.
1. Block Starts & Breakouts (for Fly, Breast, & Free)
2. Backstroke Starts w/ ledge, & Relay Exchanges
3. Flip Turns for Free & Back
4. Open Turns for Fly & Breast
5. IM Turns: Fly/Back, Back/Breast, Breast/Free)
6. Race Pacing for 100 & 200 Events, or Distance EventsCLINIC TIMELINE:1:45PM to 2:00PM Check-in
(be prepared to swim at 2:00PM)
2:00PM to 2:30PM (All six stations will run at the same time for approx 30 minutes.)
2:30PM to 3:00PM (All six stations will run at the same time for approx 30 minutes.)
3:00PM to 3:30PM (All six stations will run at the same time for approx 30 minutes.)
3:30PM to 4:00PM (All six stations will run at the same time for approx 30 minutes.)Questions:
Clinic Director: Michael Colliins, (949) 338-6682, firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Host: Richard Mignault, (917) 744-4233, PSMastersSwim@gmail.com
SPMS Chair: Ken Brisbin, (714) 273-8793, email@example.com