This is a YMCA of the USA national competitive event.
Recognized by the Florida Gold Coast LMSC for United States Masters Swimming, Inc.Meet Facility:
Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Center
501 Seabreeze Dr.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316
NOTE: This event will be held concurrently with the YMCA National Diving Championships at the same venue. Masters (adult) athletes and divers will each stay within their designated areas of the facility. Masters athletes will exclusively use the adult locker rooms and divers will exclusively use the youth locker rooms.Meet Committee:
- A 20-lane competition course, separated into two 10-lane courses
- Separate warm-up/cool down lanes available throughout the meet
- Omega Timing System will be used as the primary time, with a backup button and a watch time on each lane.
- Starting block wedges and backstroke ledges available
- Ample stadium seating
- Pool Length Certification - Will be measured and confirmed as per USMS pool length certification & USMS record applications
Meet Director - Terri Shannon
Assistant Meet Director - Mike Leonard
Co-Meet Referee/Head of Officials – Tom Janszen and John Janszen
Registration & Awards – Karen Janszen
Facility Director – Laura Voet
Y-USA Technical Advisor – Jim Ryan
Y-USA Manager of Competitive Events – Meredith GriffinRules:
- Current “Rules That Govern YMCA Competitive Sports” will apply, with the exception of the eligibility statement below.
- Current USMS technical rules will apply unless otherwise noted in this meet information.
Swimmers with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to participate in this meet and will be provided all appropriate accommodations according to USMS rules. Swimmers with disabilities are asked to contact the meet director, Terri Shannon (email@example.com)
if you need specific accommodations and to confer with the meet referee prior to competing.Eligibility:
IMPORTANT: Liability Release and Photo/Video Release Attestation:
- Every athlete MUST be a current member in good standing of the YMCA that they are representing, effective as of April 9, 2024 and continue through at least May 12, 2024. You will be asked to verify your membership and provide your membership number during your online entry.
- A swimmer must be age 18 or older on the last day of the meet. All swimmers are strongly encouraged to have a physical examination/medical evaluation prior to competing in the meet.
- USMS Membership: You do not have to be a USMS member, but the meet entry program will ask for your number if you have one.
Certificate of Liability Insurance:
- All participants are required to sign the attestation document from the YMCA of the USA that includes a general liability release and photo/video release.
- This is completed electronically through AdobeSign and must be completed prior to Meet Check-In.
Entry Procedure and YMCA Identification:
- Each YMCA with at least one athlete entered in the meet must have a Certificate of Liability Insurance on file with the YMCA of the USA.
- See this sample for the exact wording required.
- Minimum amount of coverage is $1,000,000/$2,000,000. The certificate must name the YMCA of the USA as the Certificate Holder.
- The Certificate of Liability Insurance is submitted by the YMCA (CEO or MOYP administrator) through the YMCA’s Data Collection Hub.
- Deadline is April 25, 2024.
- Swimmers from YMCAs that do not meet with the Certification of Liability Insurance requirement cannot participate at the meet.
Entry Deadline: April 25, 2024
- When entering, start typing the name of your YMCA. A list of YMCAs matching what you typed will appear. Click on the correct YMCA in that list.
- *IMPORTANT* - Please know the current and correct name of your YMCA. Check with your YMCA before entering if you are unsure of the correct name. Be aware if you are representing a branch or a metropolitan association (for example, the Lowe’s Branch YMCA or the YMCA of Greater Charlotte).
- If you do not see your YMCA's name, contact Meredith Griffin.
- Registration fee: $60 per swimmer
- Facility surcharge: $40 per swimmer
- Individual entries: $10 per event
- Relay entries: $30 per event
Registration and individual entry fees are paid at the time of entry in Club Assistant. See information below for payment of relay team fees.Individual Entries:
- A swimmer may enter no more that five (5) individual events per day, and no more than twelve (12) individual entries for the entire meet.
- A swimmer’s age group is determined by that swimmer’s age on the last day of the meet, May 12, 2024. Age groups to be contested are as follows: 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, and 100+.
- There are no qualifying time standards for this meet. A swimmer should enter his/her best achieved time for each event entered. An entry time of “NO TIME” will NOT be accepted.
- A swimmer interested in having their times submitted to USMS for Top 10 and record consideration must submit a current USMS membership number.
- The MEET ENTRY DEADLINE is April 25, 2024. No changes or additions to individual events will be accepted after this date.
- Relay entries may be submitted until the day prior to the relay event.
- All relay fees are paid at the meet, no later than the day prior to the relay event.
- All payments are made via credit card. A secure credit card processor will be available on-site.
- No cash or checks will be accepted at the meet.
- Teams wishing to enter relays prior to the meet may submit them by emailing Terri Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Early relay entry deadline is April 25, 2024.
- All members of a relay must be from the same YMCA .
- Women’s relays must consist of four women.
- Men’s relays must consist of four men.
- Mixed relays may be made up of two women and two men or three women and one man.
- All relay competitors must be on the meet roster on April 25, 2024.
- Relays going for a USMS record must be registered on the same USMS team.
- Mixed relays going for a USMS record must be two women and two men.
- Coaches will be able to see their team roster on Club Assistant.
- Note: Relay names may be changed up until the time you give the lane timer your relay card. If the change of a swimmer changes your age group, you may swim but this swim will be considered an exhibition.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST CHECK IN BEFORE THEY CAN SWIM IN THE MEET.
- Meet Check-In will be conducted at the Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Center during the following times:
- Wednesday, May 8: 3:00pm to 7:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 through Sunday, May 12: 7:00am to 12:00pm (or until the conclusion of competition)
- Heat sheets will be available on Meet Mobile and the Club Assistant website prior to the meet. They will also be posted at the facility. Paper heat sheets will not be available at the meet.
- Wristbands for the Reception will be distributed at Meet Check-In. Wristbands are required for entry to the Reception.
- Coaches may pick up their relay cards at Meet Check-In.
- Note: Swimmers may not add or change individual events after the Meet Entry Deadline on April 25, 2024.
- Any swimmer failing to report to the proper lane in the correct heat of an event shall be scratched from that event and shall not be permitted to swim that event at another time.
- A swimmer who intends to scratch from an event may simply not report to their heat and lane for that event. No further action is required.
Requests for Splits:
- Competition is in two courses, each with 8 lanes and 25 yards long.
Scoring and Awards:
- Final results will indicate splits for all swims (excluding pad malfunctions).
- A swimmer may request for an initial split to be recognized by completing a request form at the starter's podium (on the course in which the swimmer is competing that event) PRIOR TO the event.
- Medals will be awarded to 1st – 3rd places in individual and relay events.
- Ribbons will be awarded for 4th – 8th places in individual and relay events.
- Event winners receive a Championship Patch.
- LIMIT: One patch per person per meet.
- Awards will close 20 minutes after conclusion of the last event. Do not leave the site and come back to pick up awards. The medals will be packed up and we can no longer access them.
- Awards that have not been picked up will NOT be mailed.
- Team awards will be given to the first-place men’s team, first place women’s team, and first through fifth place combined teams.
- YMCA records are posted on the YMCA Swimming and Diving website under Reference.
- Records for each event will be updated automatically following the meet.
The Meet Reception will be held on Saturday, May 11, 2024 at the Ft. Lauderdale Aquatic Center from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm. Refreshments, non-alcoholic beverages and a cash bar will be available. The Reception will include music and games and is intended as a time for meet participants to gather socially, have fun together out of the pool, renew friendships and make new ones. It is not a dinner.
Cost is $20 per person.Parking:
- There is very limited parking at the aquatic center.
- There are nearby parking lots and garages. The closest are:
- Ft. Lauderdale Beach Park – 700 Seabreeze Blvd.
- Las Olas Garage – 200 E. Las Olas Circle.
- The City of Ft. Lauderdale accepts credit cards and Pay by Phone at its parking facilities. Use the following links:
- There are many hotels in the area and many are within walking distance.
- Thre are no room blocks reserved for this event; however, some local hotels are offering courtesy holds on rooms at a discounted rate for this event. Information will be posted on the meet page on the YMCA swimming and diving website.
- Ensure that your YMCA membership is active by April 9, 2024, and remains active through at least May 12, 2024.
- Enter the meet through Club Assistant on this page.
- Review all of your information carefully; no additions or changes can be made after April 25, 2024.
- Complete the Electronic Athlete Attestation.
- Check with your YMCA to ensure a current Certificate of Liability Insurance, with the required wording, is on file with the national YMCA.
- Check in at the meet prior to competing.
In the Order of Events below, please note:
--The 400 IM and 500 Free will be seeded by time, slowest to fastest.
--NEW THIS YEAR: The 1000 Free and 1650 Free events will be seeded fastest to slowest.
--All other events will be seeded by age group and then by time, slowest to fastest.