It is now Hawaii-Aleutian Time (HST) on .
Fri, Sep 15, 2017
Sat, Nov 25, 2017
Relay Team Registration
Mon, Nov 27, 2017
Tue, Dec 5, 2017
Relay Online Registration closed at 11:59 PM on Tue, Dec 5, 2017.
Hosted by Loveland Masters Swimming
Sanctioned by Colorado LMSC for USMS, Inc.
Questions: Contact event director Doug Garcia via email at email@example.com
Dates: September 15 - November 15, 2017
All events must be swum in their entirety on or between these dates.
Objective: Swim 3000 or 6000 continuous yards or meters in any 25-yard or 25-meter pool. Individuals may enter both events.
Location: Any 25-yard or 25-meter pool
- Yard pool swimmers submit your splits and final times in yards.
- Meter pool swimmers must swim 3000 or 6000 meters and submit your final times and splits in meters. The online entry system automatically converts meter times to yard times integrating them with the 25-yard final results.
- US swimmers must be 2017 U.S. Masters Swimming registered members on or before the day of their swim. Entries will be verified before results are accepted.
- All entries must be submitted electronically.
- Foreign swimmers must be a member of an equivalent FINA member organization on or before the day of their swim. Foreign entrants must submit a copy of their organization’s 2017 registration card to the event director by email by November 25, 2017. Foreign swimmers are not eligible for USMS records or All-American status.
Individual entries: November 25, 2017, 11:59 p.m. Hawaii time zone
Relay entries: December 5, 2017, 11:59 p.m. Hawaii time zone
Records submission: November 25, 2017, 11:59 p.m. Hawaii time zone
Split sheets for individuals who break national records must be received by the event director via e-mails or U.S. Postal Service.
Preliminary results: December 7, 2017
Final results: December 31, 2017
- Individual Events: $12 each ($15 for foreign swimmers)
- Relay Events: $16 each ($20 for foreign swimmers)
Fees are non-refundable. Fees must be paid by credit card and will be processed by "ClubAssistant.com Events".
Individual Events: Men and women compete separately in five-year age groups: 18-24, 25-29, 30-34,...., 100+ The swimmer's age on December 31, 2017 determines the age group, therefore each swimmer mahy only swim in one age group for the 2017 USMS 3000/6000 ePostal National Championship.
Relay Events: Relay events will be contested in three categories: three men, three women, four mixed (two men, two women)
- Each relay member must have entered the individual event and be registered with the same USMS club.
- Participants shall be allowed to swim in only one same-gender and one mixed-gender relay for each event—a total of two relays for one person.
- The youngest relay member’s age shall determine the relay’s age group. Age groups are 18+, 25+, 35+, . . . , 95+.
- The cumulative time for the individual swims is the relay time.
- Unattached swimmers may not be a relay team member.
- Relays open on November 28, 2017 and will be displayed by USMS club via Club Assistant, and will show all the individual entries submitted. You will only be able to view your USMS club’s entries.
Club Event: Each club is entered automatically in the club event. Club scores are calculated on the basis of quality points, which are the ratios of each individual’s time to the corresponding USMS record for the gender and age group. The faster the swim, the more quality points a swimmer earns. A club’s point total equals the sum of the quality points of each of its swimmers. Because every swimmer receives quality points, every swimmer counts.
Short Sleeve Dri-Fit T-Shirt $20 ($22 outside the U.S.)
Long Sleeve Dri-Fit T-Shirt $22 ($24 outside the U.S.)
Aquaholics T-shirt $20 ($22 outside the U.S.)
Latex Swim Caps $6 ($9 outside the U.S.)
• If you already completed the event entry, but would like to purchase a commemorative item, click here for the public shopping cart.
- Individual Medals: The top six finishers in each age group have the option of receiving USMS championship medals.
- Relay Medals: The top three relay teams in each relay age group have the option of receiving USMS championship medals.
- Champioinship Patch: First place finishers in each individual and relay age group also will have the option of receiving a USMS Long Distance National Championship patch.
- Only one patch per event per participant will be awarded.
- Club awards will be recognition in the final results, physical awards will no be provided.
Records: Completed split sheets for individuals who think they have broken a national record must be received by the event director by November 25, 2017, via mail or be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries: You will be asked to enter only 300-yard or meter splits for the 3000-yard ePostal and 600-yard or meter splits for the 6000-yard ePostal.
- Submission of a split sheet is not required unless the swimmer has broken an individual national record. However, split sheets may be requested by the event director.
- If a requested split sheet is not provided, the individual entry and associated relay entries may be disqualified.
Results: Complete results will be available online. Preliminary results will be posted at USMS.org and at LovelandMasters.com by December 7, 2017, and will be available for two weeks. All corrections must be sent to the event director during those two weeks. Final results will be posted by December 31. If two or more swimmers report the same time, a tie will be declared.
- The 2017 USMS rules govern these events, including rules regarding swimwear.
- Drafting, flotation, and propulsive devices, including but not limited to pull buoys, fins, paddles, snorkels, and wet suits, are not permitted.
- No more than two swimmers may share a lane. If a lane is shared, each swimmer must stay on his or her side of the lane during the entire event (that is, no circle swimming).
- An adult acting as a starter, head timer, or referee shall be present at all times during the swim.
- Each swimmer must have a verifier to count laps and record cumulative splits every 50 yards or 50 meters.
- The event may be timed with either a stopwatch or an electronic timing device. One person may serve as a counter for a maximum of two swimmers at a time.
- A 3000 yard split in the 6000 yard ePostal event may be submitted for a record if requested in writing by the swimmer and if at least two dedicated handheld watches were used to record the split. A 3000 yard split in the 6000 yard event will not be accepted as an entry for the 3000 yard event; the events must be swum separately.
- Splits: record cumulative split times to the nearest second (final times for national records to the nearest 100th) on the official event split sheet available at www.usms.org/longdist/1hr_3000_6000_splits.pdf.
- Any split or final time submitted without tenths or hundredths will default to .99 second. Any split or final time submitted without tenths or hundredths will default to .99 second. Any split or final time submitted with tenths (.x) will default to .x9 second.
- No adjustment will be made for swims completed at high elevation.
- Unsporting Conduct: Any act of fraud, deception, or dishonesty in connection with this event or knowingly providing false information including name, date of birth, age or gender in this event entry form may result in disciplinary action by USMS.
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."
Online Registration closed on 11/25/2017.