It is now Hawaii-Aleutian Time (HST) on .
Fri, Jan 1, 2021
Tue, Apr 6, 2021
Relay Team Registration
Thu, Apr 8, 2021
Tue, Apr 13, 2021
Relay Online Registration closed at 11:59 PM on Tue, Apr 13, 2021.
2021 U.S. Masters Swimming 1-Hour ePostal National Championship
January 1 – March 31, 2021
Hosted by Oregon LMSC
Sanctioned by Oregon LMSC for USMS, Inc.
Dates: Your 2021 USMS 1-Hour Swim must be done in its entirety between January 1 and March 31, 2021, inclusive. Swim the event first, then register for the 2021 USMS 1-Hour ePostal National Championship. The official PDF split sheet is available at the prompt below.
Objective: To determine how far you can swim in one hour. Send your result electronically and compare yourself to other swimmers across the nation. Some people do the USMS 1-Hour ePostal Nationals for competition and others do it for fitness, while everyone does it for fun! All are welcome to swim.
Location: Swimmers complete the one hour swim in any pool 25 yards or longer. Submit your splits and final distance based on the length of the pool in which you swim.
Deadlines: No exceptions. Don’t even ask.
- USMS or FINA Registration: You MUST be a currently registered member of USMS or a FINA member national governing body ON or BEFORE THE DAY OF YOUR SWIM!
- Swim: Complete your swim before Midnight Local Time on March 31, 2021.
- Individual group club entries (from groups larger than 30; see below) must be RECEIVED online by 11:59PM HST on April 4, 2021.
- Individual entries must be RECEIVED online by 11:59PM HST time on April 6, 2021.
- Completed split sheets (for individual National Record breakers only) must be RECEIVED by the Event Director by April 8, 2021.
- Relay entries must be RECEIVED online by 11:59PM HST time on April 13, 2021.
ELIGIBILITY & FEES
Eligibility: All participants must be registered for 2021 with USMS (or the equivalent FINA organization for foreign swimmers) on or before the day of their swim. USMS membership will be verified automatically. Foreign swimmers must scan and submit an electronic copy or mail a copy of their equivalent organization’s 2021 registration card to the Event Director by April 6, 2021. Foreign swimmers are not eligible for USMS records or All-American status.
Age Determining Date: The swimmer’s age as of December 31, 2021, will determine the age group according to USMS rule 301.4: "In open water and postal swims, the eligibility of a swimmer shall be determined by the age of the swimmer on December 31 of the year of competition, except for 18-year-olds, who must be 18 on the day that they swim."
Fees: $10.00 for each individual USMS entry ($15.00 for foreign swimmers). $16.00 for each relay entry. Fees are non-refundable. Entries must be paid online by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover) to "ClubAssistant.com Events".
CONDUCT OF THE EVENT
Rules & Swimwear:
- 2021 USMS Rules 305-307 govern this event.
- 2021 USMS Swimwear Rule 102.12.1 applies. Appropriate swimwear is the same as required for USMS pool meets. Drafting, flotation, and propulsive devices (pull buoys, fins, paddles, snorkels, wet suits, etc.) are not permitted.
- No more than two swimmers may share a lane. If a lane is shared, each swimmer must stay on one side of the lane during the entire swim (i.e., no circle swimming, to avoid drafting).
- A stopwatch or electronic timing system shall be used to time the event. Cumulative split times must be recorded to the nearest second on the official event split sheet which must be kept for each swimmer. CLICK HERE for PDF Split Sheet.
- Each swimmer must have a verifier (counter) to count laps and record cumulative splits for every two pool lengths. One person may count for no more than two swimmers at one time. An adult acting as a starter/head timer/referee (and who may also be a counter) shall be present at all times during the swim.
Individual Events: Men and women compete separately in age groups of five-year increments: 18-24, 25-29, 30-34...as high as necessary. Each swimmer can swim in only one age group in this event.
- Final distances are rounded down to the nearest completed five-yard increment (i.e., round 2764 yards to 2760 yards).
- Online entries will be converted automatically from meters to yards as needed. If you swim in a metric-measured pool, the final distance will be converted to yards automatically upon entry by dividing the distance in meters by 1.0936 then rounding down to the nearest five-yard increment and integrating it with the yard performances.
- Your distance (total yards swum) will determine your order of finish. If two or more swimmers or relays report the same distance, it’s a tie.
- No elevation adjustment shall be made.
Relay Events: Relay events will be contested in three categories: 3 men, 3 women, or 4 mixed (2 men & 2 women). Each relay member MUST also have entered the individual event and be registered with the same USMS Club (Unattached swimmers—by definition—are not permitted on relays). Participants may be entered in only one same-gender and one mixed-gender relay event. Age groups are 18+, 25+, 35+…as high as necessary. The youngest relay member’s age shall determine the relay’s age group. The cumulative distance of the individual swims will be the relay distance.
Club Event: Each Club will be entered in the Club event. At least three divisions will be recognized based on the number of individual entries from each club (to be determined by the event host and the USMS Long Distance Committee Chair). Relay yards will not be included in club scoring.
Results: Complete results will be posted on the USMS website at www.usms.org.
Records: View the current event records here.
- Preliminary individual results will be posted for review for one week by April 10, 2021. All corrections must be sent to the event director during that week. Participants will be notified by email.
- Preliminary relay results will be posted for review for one week by April 17, 2021. All corrections must be sent to the event director during that week. Participants will be notified by email.
- Final individual, relay, and club results will be posted by April 29, 2021. Enjoy!
Unsporting Conduct: Each entrant shall be responsible for the validity of the split times and final distance entered. Any act of fraud, deception or dishonesty in connection with this event or knowingly providing false information including name, date of birth, age, or gender on the event entry form may result in disciplinary action by USMS pursuant to USMS Rule 402.3, 402.4.3 and 402.4.4
Online Entries ONLY! Entries received by mail will NOT be accepted and will be returned.
Individual Entries: When submitting your results online…
Completed split sheets for individual National Record breakers must be received by the event director by April 8, 2021. Scan and email to email@example.com or mail to Bob Bruce, Event Director, 61200 Parrell Rd., Bend, OR 97702.
- Enter your total distance, selecting the corresponding unit (yards or meters) BASED ON THE POOL IN WHICH YOU SWAM.
- Then enter your cumulative split times for each 500 yard or meter split. Your official distance will then be displayed in yards rounded down to the nearest 5-yard increment.
- If you entered your total distance and cumulative splits in meters, your official distance displayed will have been automatically converted to yards and similarly rounded down.
- You WILL NOT be required to submit a completed split sheet UNLESS you have set an individual national record. However, all split sheets must be available to the Event Director upon request; if it is not provided then, the individual entry and resulting relays may be disqualified. Please keep a copy of your completed split sheet for one year after the entry deadline.
Relay Entries: Online relay entries will open on April 8, 2021. All completed online individual entries will be displayed by USMS Club and will include each entrant's distance; club relay builders will only be able to view a listing of their club’s entries. Online relay entries must be completed by 11:59PM HAT on April 13, 2021.
Group Club Entries: Group entries will be permitted only for clubs with 30 or more swimmers entering. Clubs desiring to do group entries must contact the event director before March 15, 2021 and work with Club Assistant to enter their swimmers. Group club entries must be completed by the online entry deadline of April 4, 2021.
Receipt: Your online registration is not complete until you have received confirmation of your entry via email. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact the Event Director.Online Entries ONLY! Entries received by mail will NOT be accepted and will be returned.
AWARDS & SOUVENIRS
Awards: You have two award options; please indicate your preference with your entry.
T-Shirts/Caps: You may purchase 2021 USMS 1-Hour ePostal National Championship commemorative shirts and caps with your online entry or separately at this Shopping Cart link. All prices include shipping and handling. The merchandise store will close on April 13, 2021, the deadline for relay entries.
- Traditional: The first 10 finishers in each age group in the individual event and top 6 teams for relays will receive USMS Long Distance National Championship medals. Additionally, first place finishers in each individual and relay age group will receive a USMS Long Distance Championship patch. Only one patch per event per participant will be awarded.
- Non-traditional & charitable: If you choose to forgo a medal, we will send a $1 donation to USMS Adult Learn-to-Swim grants supported by the USA Swimming Foundation in your honor.
- Latex Cap ($12) and/or Silicone Cap ($16): Classic swim caps. Secure fit and the perfect weight for practice or competition.
- Women’s Short Sleeve cotton t-shirt ($25.00): A traditional cotton shirt specially fitted for women. Women's sizes S-3XL
- Men’s Short Sleeve cotton t-shirt ($25.00): A traditional cotton shirt. Men's sizes S - 3XL.
- Long Sleeve cotton t-shirt ($30.00): A traditional cotton shirt. Unisex sizes S - 3XL.
Contact Event Director Bob Bruce, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-317-4851. Email first. Call only in an emergency.
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."
Online Registration closed on 4/6/2021.