It is now Pacific Time (PST) on .
Sat, Jan 20, 2018
Sat, Jan 20, 2018
Facility - Great News!
The Las Vegas meet is now held at the world-class UNLV Buchanan Natatorium, Jim Reitz Pool!
Directions & Parking
- UNLV Buchanan Natatorium, Jim Reitz Pool. Indoor 50-meter by 25-yard pool. This meet is short course yards. Expert measurements will be taken before and after the meet for potential SCY record-setting swims!
- There is no postal address; do not use the university’s generic Maryland Pkwy address. Location is on E. Harmon Ave, 1000 feet east of the intersection of Harmon Ave and Swenson St, Las Vegas, NV.
- Map coordinates: 36.10913721140823,-115.14641761529799.
- Very close to McCarran airport, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Hofbrauhaus, and Hyatt Place.
- The length of the competition course is in compliance and on file with USMS in accordance with articles 105.1.7 and 107.2.1 but as a bulkhead course, is subject to length confirmation. Eligibility of times for USMS Top 10 and records will be contingent on verification of bulkhead placement.
From 15 North, take 215 East toward McCarran Airport. Continue onto McCarran Airport Bypass. Continue onto Swenson St (the airport bypass becomes Swenson St). Turn right onto E. Harmon Ave. Continue 1000 feet to Parking Lot L on your left. Parking Lot L is available for free to non-students on weekends, so go ahead and park in a spot marked "Student" . Walk north on asphalt path toward Buchanan Natatorium entrance on right (tennis courts on your left).
See UNLV Buchanan Natatorium at top right of this map (red pin), which is the northeast.
Do not use the university’s generic Maryland Pkwy address! Location is on E. Harmon Ave, 1000 feet east of the intersection of Harmon Ave and Swenson St, Las Vegas, NV.
Swimmers must be USMS members registered for 2018. United States Masters Swimming rules will govern. Current SPMS meet procedures will be enforced and take precedence over any errors or omissions on this form. The meet referee will be in charge of the meet. Any questions regarding the conduct of the meet should be directed to meet referee. All events are timed final. Swimmers are limited to a total of 5 individual events. Age on January 20, 2018 determines age group for the meet. You must be at least 18 to compete.
The pre-entry postmark deadline is Jan 15, 2018. Online entries will close Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 11:59pm. Deck entry is permitted until 2:30pm for events 1-6 and 3pm for events 7-18. We encourage deck entry processing “paperless and cashless” on a computer at the pool. Bring your credit card, cash, or check.
The 500 Free will close at 32 entries (4 heats).
The 400 IM and 200s of Back, Breast, and Fly will accept deck entries only, not pre-entry. Please request entry into these events at the admin desk by 3pm on meet day.
$35 per swimmer flat fee. Las Vegas Masters members see a $0 meet fee because the meet fee is included with annual dues.
Swimmers will be seeded in heats according to entry time, regardless of age and gender. Heats will be ordered slowest to fastest. Positive check-in is required for the 500 Free and encouraged for all events. Check-in will be available on SwimPhone.com
beginning at 8pm on January 19. Positive Check-In for the 500 Free closes at 2:30pm.
There are no relays in this meet.
Please click here to begin volunteer signup. We need timers and other key jobs filled.
- Poker cards with your results stickers may be collected for competition with other swimmers to see who has the best poker hand. The best two poker hands win big prizes!
- Some other surprise gifts too!
Meet Director: Karin Wegner LVMswimming@gmail.com; Meet Admin: Robert Mitchell
Food & Beverage
Las Vegas Masters will provide free water and snacks (ie granola bars, fruit, cheese sticks).
Warm-ups start at 2:00 PM
Meet starts at 3:00 PM
Meet is estimated to end at 7:01 PM
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."
Online Registration closed on 1/20/2018.