It is now PT Time on .
Fri, Mar 1, 2019
Wed, May 29, 2019
This is the USMS/Adult Registration Page
USA Swimmers (youth) register here
DAM's Annual Lake Berryessa Swim is one of the longest running open water swim events in America. Started in 1981 as a friendly lake swim, this event now attracts over 500 swimmers each year to the shores of Lake Berryessa. The 2019 event includes the U.S. Masters Swimming Middle-Distance Open Water National Championship races.
Steele Canyon Campground, Steele Canyon Road, Lake Berryessa, Napa, CA (map
1-mile and 2-mile single loop in a freshwater lake
Davis Aquatic Masters. Race Director: Stuart Kahn, firstname.lastname@example.org
. Meet Referee: Mary Kahn (USMS certified). Starter: Jeff Anderson (USAS certified)
Event website: DAM Lake Berryessa Swim
Facebook: fb-DAMLake Berryessa Swim
The adult races are sanctioned by Pacific Masters Swimming for USMS, Inc. (Sanction #389-W002)
Expected water temperature is 65-70 degrees. Each course is patrolled by safety craft. Individual escorts are not allowed. All swimmers must wear the provided swim cap and follow all USMS Open Water rules. Mandatory safety briefings will be held at 8:50 a.m. and at 11:00 a.m. at the information kiosk. The Event Safety Plan will be posted at the registration desk on race day and is available prior to race day by request from email@example.com
Deep water, wave starts (see below). Finish
: For 2 mile events, 2 hours after wave start For 1 mile events, 1 hour after wave start. Safety craft will remove swimmers who fall short of the cutoff times.
This event is open to USMS registered swimmers or members of an equivalent organization (for foreign swimmers). To register for the event, you must provide proof of current membership. You may register for a USMS One-Day Event Membership (OEVT) during the online entry. OEVT swimmers will not be eligible to compete in the USMS Middle-Distance Open Water Nationals.
Paper entry form is available here.
Online entry is provided by Club Assistant software (you are here now!).
: Online registration closes Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at 11:59 PM (Eastern time); paper entries must be received by Thursday, May 23, 2019. Race day registration available at a higher cost..
Regular (ends 5/29/2019)
- Swim cap
- Post Race Refreshments
- Online Race Results
$53.50 2-mile swim
$73.50 Both swims
Race Day (6/1/2019)
$63.50 2-mile swim
$83.50 Both swims
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Online entry is paid by credit card to "ClubAssistant.com Events".
Divided by gender in five-year increments according to USMS Rules (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, etc.).
Awards will be given to the top ten male and female finishes in each designated USMS age group for the 2 mile races in Category 1. Awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers in each designated USMS age group for the 1 mile races in Category 2. Awards for the the Category 2 races will be presented to the top three male and female overall finishers, regardless of age.
Check-in and Race Day registration open at 7:30 a.m. Participants in the USMS Middle-Distance Open Water Nationals will be required to show photo ID at registration during check-in.
Race Day registration close at:
8:55 a.m. for USA-Swimming 2 mile
9:05 a.m. for USMS, Category 1, 2-mile
9:30 a.m. for USMS, Category 2, 2-mile
11:05 a.m. for USA-Swimming 1-mile
11:15 a.m. for USMS, Category 1, 1-mile
11:35 a.m. for USMS, Category 2, 1-mile
Anticipated Race Start Times:
- 9:20 a.m. 2-mile Category 1 (Non-wetsuit & FINA approved textile suits) Men Ages 18-39
- 9:25 a.m. 2-mile Category 1 Women Ages 18-39
- 9:30 a.m. 2-mile Category 1 Men Ages 40-54
- 9:35 a.m. 2-mile Category 1 Women Ages 40-54
- 9:40 a.m. 2-mile Category 1 Men Ages 55+
- 9:45 am. 2-mile Category 1 Women Ages 55+
- 9:50 a.m. 2-mile Category 2 (Wetsuit & FINA non-approved suits) Women & Men
- 11:40 a.m. 1-mile Category 1 Men Ages 18-39
- 11:45 a.m. 1-mile Category 1 Women Ages 18-39
- 11:50 a.m. 1-mile Category 1 Men Ages 40-54
- 11:55 a.m. 1-mile Category 1 Women Ages 40-54
- 12:00 p.m. 1-mile Category 1 Men Ages 55+
- 12:05 p.m. 1-mile Category 1 Women Ages 55+
- 12:10 p.m. 1-mile Category 2 (Wetsuit & FINA non-approved suits) Women & Men
Other Event Details:
DAM is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports local swimming related organizations and swimmers with donations and scholarships. All proceeds support the DAM mission.
- Commemorative t-shirts advance sales are closed. Limited quantities of commemorative t-shirts will be available for purchase at the event.
- Lodging: Basic campsites (no running water or electricity) are available at Steele Canyon Campground. Call 1-877-386-4383 for reservations. Full hookup camping sites are available at Pleasure Cove Marina (http://goberryessa.com, click on “Forever Resorts Marinas”). Nearest hotels are in Napa, Vacaville, or Fairfield.
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."
Online Registration closed on 5/29/2019.