It is now Pacific Time (PST) on .
Mon, Mar 7, 2022
Wed, Jun 1, 2022
This competition is limited to the first 500 entrants.
Currently there are 493 entrants.
NOTE: T-shirts are sold out as of 1 PM, 6/1/22
DAM's Annual Lake Berryessa Swim is one of the longest running open water swim events in America. Started in 1981 as a friendly lake swim, this event now attracts over 500 swimmers each year to the shores of Lake Berryessa.
Location: Steele Canyon Campground, Steele Canyon Road, Lake Berryessa, Napa, CA (map)
Course: 1-mile and 2-mile looped courses in a freshwater lake. 1 loop for 1 mile swim, and 2 loops for 2 mile swim. See course maps at bottom of page.
Host: Davis Aquatic Masters. Race Director: Kim Elsbach, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Referee: Kate Stephensen (USMS certified).
Event website: https://www.damfast.org/Lake-Berryessa-Swim
Sanction: The adult races are sanctioned by Pacific Masters Swimming for USMS, Inc. (Sanction #382-W001)
Conditions/Safety: Expected water temperature is 65-70 degrees. Course is patrolled by safety craft. Individual escorts are not allowed. All swimmers must wear the provided swim cap and follow all USMS Open Water rules. Mandatory safety briefings will be held at 8:50 am and at 11:00 am at the information kiosk. The Event Safety Plan will be posted at the registration desk on race day and is available prior to race day by request from email@example.com.
Start: Deep water, wave starts (see below). Finish: Onshore.
Cutoff times: For 2 mile events, 2 hours after wave start. For 1 mile events, 1 hour after wave start. Safety craft will remove swimmers who fall short of the cutoff times.
Seed Times for Start Waves: Entrants will provide estimated 1650 yd or 1500 meter pool time to be used to seed start waves. Those in Category 2 (wetsuit division) need not include a seed time.
Eligibility: This event is open to USMS registered swimmers or members of an equivalent organization (for foreign swimmers). To register for the event, you must provide proof of current membership. You may register for a USMS One-Day Event Membership (OEVT) during the online entry.
Entries: Online entry is provided by Club Assistant software (you are here now!).
Entry Deadline: Online registration closes Wednesday, June 1st at 11:59 PM (Eastern time). NO paper entries and NO race-day entries. NO race-day category swaps (you cannot change from wetsuit to non-wetsuit (or vice-versa) on race day). NO race-day race swaps (you cannot change from the 2 mile to the 1 mile race (or vice versa) on race day). You may always withdraw from a race on race day.
NOTE: To ensure you receive a t-shirt in your desired size, you must enter by May 1, 2022 (see below for t-shirt design). T-shirt purchase is available on registration page. T-shirts are sold out as of 1 PM, 6/1/22
$50.00 1-mile swim
$50.00 2-mile swim
$75.00 Both swims
$5.00 Club Assistant Processing Fee
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Online entry is paid by credit card to "DAVIS AQUATIC MASTERS".
Food and Drink
Scoring Divisions: Divided by gender in five-year increments according to USMS Rules (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, etc.).Awards: Towels are back!!! Official Lake Berryessa Swim embroidered towels will be given to the top three male and female finishers in each designated USMS age group for the 1 and 2 mile races in Category 1. Awards for the Category 2 races will be presented to the top three male and female overall finishers, regardless of age
- Due to COVID Safety protocols, we are serving only bottled water, and non-perishable, pre-packaged snacks - such as granola bars. If you want more substantial fare, please bring it with you.
. The top 3 overall, male and female, Category 1 swimmers based on combined 1 and 2 mile times
will receive special awards. You must pick up awards at the race. We will not mail awards.Race Day check-in opens at 7:30 a.m. Race Day check-in closes at:
9:00 am for USMS, Category 1 and Category 2, 2-mile
11:15 am for USMS, Category 1 and Category 2, 1-mile Race Day Parking:
Race Day Parking fees are $15 per vehicle with up to 4 occupants, and $10 per vehicle with up to 2 occupants. Vehicles with more than 4 occupants will be charged an additional $5 for each additional occupant. We strongly encourage entrants to carpool and purchase parking passes prior to coming to the race site. Please bring parking passes with you. Parking passes may be purchased at:
Swim Race - Parking Pass
Tips for using the Parking Permit Link:(1) When you click on the link you will see options for "3 or more passenger parking" or "1 or 2 passenger parking". Click on whichever one fits with your plans.
(2) Next you will see a map, and a side bar that has "dates", "guests", and "site location". Ignore these items and scroll down to see options listed BELOW the map (the map itself is not interactive - you cannot choose a parking spot from the map). Hit "select" next to the top option from the list (you will not actually be given a "reserved parking spot" - so it doesn't matter which "number" from the list you choose). After you do this, you can "add to cart" in the side bar. Then you can check out.
Please bring a copy of your parking pass (either on your phone or printed out) with you to the race.
When you get to the race, parking attendants will direct you to the nearest possible parking space. You will not have a reserved parking spot.Anticipated Race Start Times (Note: number of waves may be adjusted by the race director depending on number of entrants. Final Wave Assignments will be given at Race Check-in on Race Day)
- 9:20 am - 2-mile Category 1: Fastest 2 mile Wave (based on seed times)
- 9:25 am - 2-mile Category 1: Second Fastest 2 mile Wave (based on seed times)
- 9:30 am - 2-mile Category 1: Third Fastest 2 mile Wave (based on seed times)
- 9:35 am - 2-mile Category 1: Fourth Fastest 2 mile Wave (based on seed times)
- 9:40 am - 2-mile Category 2: All 2 mile, Category 2 Swimmers
- 11:50 am - 1-mile Category 1: Fastest 1 mile Wave (based on seed times)
- 11:55 am - 1-mile Category 1: Second Fastest 1 mile Wave (based on seed times)
- 12:00 pm - 1-mile Category 1: Third Fastest 1 mile Wave (based on seed times)
- 12:05 pm - 1-mile Category 1: Fourth Fastest 1 mile Wave (based on seed times)
- 12:10 pm - 1-mile Category 2: All 1 mile, Category 2 Swimmers
- Course Closes at 1:10 PM
Other Event Details:
- Commemorative t-shirts will be available for both advance and race day purchase. Limited quantities of commemorative t-shirts will be available for purchase at the event.
- Lodging: Basic campsites (no running water or electricity) are available at Steele Canyon Campground. Call 1-877-386-4383 for reservations. Full hookup camping sites are available at Pleasure Cove Marina (http://goberryessa.com, click on “Forever Resorts Marinas”). Nearest hotels are in Napa, Vacaville, or Fairfield.
DAM is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports local swimming related organizations and swimmers with donations and scholarships. All proceeds support the DAM mission. DAM is donating a portion of proceeds to the Napa Valley Land Trust. For information about the Napa Valley Land Trust and to donate visit: https://napalandtrust.org/
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "DAVIS AQUATIC MASTERS."
Online Registration closed on 6/1/2022.