It is now Pacific Time (PDT) on .
This competition is closed by the host. MEET CANCELLED. REFUNDS PENDING.
Sun, Mar 1, 2020
Wed, Apr 8, 2020
Due to ongoing health and safety concerns in our communities, this competition is closed by the host. Meet Cancelled. Refunds pending. Future dates for the event TBD.
DAM's Annual Lake Berryessa Swim is one of the longest running open water swim events in America. Started in 1981 as a friendly lake swim, this event now attracts over 500 swimmers each year to the shores of Lake Berryessa. Location:
Steele Canyon Campground, Steele Canyon Road, Lake Berryessa, Napa, CA (map
1-mile and 2-mile single loop in a freshwater lakeHost:
Davis Aquatic Masters. Race Director: Stuart Kahn, email@example.com
. Meet Referee: Mary Kahn (USMS certified). Starter: Jeff Anderson (USAS certified)Event website: DAM Lake Berryessa SwimFacebook: fb-DAMLake Berryessa SwimSanction:
The adult races are sanctioned by Pacific Masters Swimming for USMS, Inc. (Sanction #380-W001
Expected water temperature is 65-70 degrees. Each course is patrolled by safety craft. Individual escorts are not allowed. All swimmers must wear the provided swim cap and follow all USMS Open Water rules. Mandatory safety briefings will be held at 8:50 a.m. and at 11:00 a.m. at the information kiosk. The Event Safety Plan will be posted at the registration desk on race day and is available prior to race day by request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Deep water, wave starts (see below). Finish
: Onshore.Cutoff times
: For 2 mile events, 2 hours after wave start For 1 mile events, 1 hour after wave start. Safety craft will remove swimmers who fall short of the cutoff times.Eligibility:
This event is open to USMS registered swimmers or members of an equivalent organization (for foreign swimmers). To register for the event, you must provide proof of current membership. You may register for a USMS One-Day Event Membership (OEVT) during the online entry. Entries:
Paper entry form is available here.
Online entry is provided by Club Assistant software (you are here now!).Entry Deadline
: Online registration closes Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 11:59 PM (Eastern time); paper entries must be received by Thursday, May 23, 2019. Race day registration available at a higher cost..FEES:
Regular (ends 6/3/2020)
- Swim cap
- Post Race Refreshments
- Online Race Results
$40.00 2-mile swim
$65.00 Both swimsRace Day (6/6/2020)
$50.00 2-mile swim
$75.00 Both swims
$5.00 USMS insurance surcharge (once per swimmer)
$3.50 additional processing fee applied to online entries.
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Online entry is paid by credit card to "ClubAssistant.com Events".Scoring Divisions:
Divided by gender in five-year increments according to USMS Rules (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, etc.).Awards:
Awards will be given to the top ten male and female finishes in each designated USMS age group for the 1 and 2 mile races in Category 1. Awards for the the Category 2 races will be presented to the top three male and female overall finishers, regardless of age. Check-in and Race Day registration open at 7:30 a.m. Race Day registration close at:
8:55 a.m. for USA-Swimming 2 mile
9:05 a.m. for USMS, Category 1, 2-mile
9:30 a.m. for USMS, Category 2, 2-mile
11:05 a.m. for USA-Swimming 1-mile
11:15 a.m. for USMS, Category 1, 1-mile
11:35 a.m. for USMS, Category 2, 1-mile Anticipated Race Start Times:
- 9:20 a.m. 2-mile Category 1 (Non-wetsuit & FINA approved textile suits) Men Ages 18-39
- 9:25 a.m. 2-mile Category 1 Women Ages 18-39
- 9:30 a.m. 2-mile Category 1 Men Ages 40-54
- 9:35 a.m. 2-mile Category 1 Women Ages 40-54
- 9:40 a.m. 2-mile Category 1 Men Ages 55+
- 9:45 am. 2-mile Category 1 Women Ages 55+
- 9:50 a.m. 2-mile Category 2 (Wetsuit & FINA non-approved suits) Women & Men
- 11:40 a.m. 1-mile Category 1 Men Ages 18-39
- 11:45 a.m. 1-mile Category 1 Women Ages 18-39
- 11:50 a.m. 1-mile Category 1 Men Ages 40-54
- 11:55 a.m. 1-mile Category 1 Women Ages 40-54
- 12:00 p.m. 1-mile Category 1 Men Ages 55+
- 12:05 p.m. 1-mile Category 1 Women Ages 55+
- 12:10 p.m. 1-mile Category 2 (Wetsuit & FINA non-approved suits) Women & Men
Other Event Details:
- Commemorative t-shirts will be available for both advance and race day purchase. Limited quantities of commemorative t-shirts will be available for purchase at the event.
- Lodging: Basic campsites (no running water or electricity) are available at Steele Canyon Campground. Call 1-877-386-4383 for reservations. Full hookup camping sites are available at Pleasure Cove Marina (http://goberryessa.com, click on “Forever Resorts Marinas”). Nearest hotels are in Napa, Vacaville, or Fairfield.
DAM is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports local swimming related organizations and swimmers with donations and scholarships. All proceeds support the DAM mission.
Please help us fund research that will keep our lakes safe, clean and swimmable!
In conjunction with the 2020 Lake Berryessa Swim we are raising funds to support research (through UC Davis) on the effects of climate change on California Lakes (including reduced water clarity, increased algae growth, and harmful cyano-toxins). Funds raised through your donations will help us to maintain safe and swimmable waters. To donate to this important project (and to learn more), please go to the following link: https://give.ucdavis.edu/TERC/TERCG33
. Any amount (even a dollar) will help! Remember, without clean, safe water, there will be no open water swims!
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."
Online Registration closed on 4/8/2020.