It is now Pacific Time (PST) on .
Mon, Nov 1, 2021
Sun, Jan 2, 2022
13th Annual Ross Yancher Brute Squad ePostal Swim
November 1 – December 31, 2021
* * Sanctioned by Pacific Masters Swimming, Inc. for USMS, Inc., Sanction # 381-S013
EVENTS: BRUTE SQUAD Events ~~~ 200 yard Butterfly + 400 yard IM + 1650 yard Free
* * Co-Sponsored by DART Swimming for Sierra Nevada Swimming & USA-Swimming * *
BRUTE SQUAD LITE Events ~~~ 100 yard Butterfly + 200 yard IM + 500 yard FreeNEW for 2021! *USA- Swimming *Non-Competition Category for USMS *Dedicate your Brute to an Honoree COMPETITION CATEGORY RULES FOR USMS & USA-S
NON-COMPETITION CATEGORY RULES FOR USMS
- All 3 events must be swum in the order listed above, in any 25-yard length pool.
- Each swimmer’s recorded time begins at the start of the Butterfly and stops at the end of the Freestyle. The stopwatch runs continuously. No pace clock times allowed.
- 100-yard Splits are required for all events entered.
- A maximum of two swimmers may share a lane. When shared, each swimmer must stay on his/her side of the lane throughout the race. No drafting or circle swimming. (Suggestion for lane sharing: Stagger the swimmers’ starts; first swimmer completes all the Butterfly before the second swimmer starts swimming.)
- Use of equipment is not allowed, including; kickboards, paddles, buoys, snorkels, bands, wetsuits, etc.
- Swimmers may rest only on or at the pool walls, during or between events, as long as Rule 2 is followed.
- Swimmers may enter both the Brute Squad & Brute Squad Lite. Each event must be swum and entered separately. Mail-in entries require a separate Entry Form & Split Sheet for each event.
- The event must be swum between Nov.1 and Dec. 31, 2021. Entry deadline is Sunday, Jan. 2, 2022.
- Swimmer’s age is determined by her/his age on December 31, 2021.
- Age groups are as follows: (USA-S) 8-U, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18 and (USMS) 18-24, 25-29, etc.
- USA Swimmers must participate under the supervision of a certified USA Swimming Coach Member, during a designated practice.
In the spirit of USMS Rule 507.1.3 that emphasizes, “...a culture of inclusion and opportunity in USMS for people of diverse backgrounds…” the 2021 Brute Squad Swim is introducing the Non-Competition Category.
>> For all USMS swimmers who enjoy event participation, and prefer or need to use equipment when swimming ... this Brute’s for You! The Non-Competition Category Rules are as follows:
- All Competition Category Rules apply except Rule 5.
- The use of equipment is allowed, including; kickboards, paddles, buoys, snorkels, wetsuits, etc. Swimming non-legal Butterfly is okay.
- Swimmers may submit pace clock times. Online entry of split times and mail-in entry of Split Sheets is optional. Submitted times in this category will not be eligible for records or "Top Times" lists.
This is a USMS sanctioned event.
> USMS entrants must be registered for 2021 or 2022, or an equivalent organization for non-US swimmers.
> USA-S entrants must be currently registered with USA-Swimming.
> All entrants’ registration will be verified. SPLIT SHEETS: Note:
100 yd splits are required
for the USMS / USA-S Competition Category and optional
for the USMS Non-Competition Category. Brute Squad Split Sheets
may be printed here or at www.damfast.orgENTRIES & FEES:
$13.00 for one event, $20.00 for two events. ONLINE ENTRY: You are already here at the online entry.
Pay online with a credit card to "Davis Aquatic Masters.”Mailed Entries: Entry Forms
and Split Sheets
can be printed here and can also be found at www.damfast.orgMailed entries must include:(1)
Completed Entry Form
with a current USMS or USA-S registration #, for each event entered(2)
Completed Split Sheet
for each event entered (Optional for USMS Non-Competition entrants)(3)
Check payable to: “DAM" or "Davis Aquatic Masters.” Mail To
: Brute Squad ℅ Davis Aquatic Masters, PO Box 921, Davis, CA 95617. Fees are non-refundable.DEADLINE:
ALL entries, online or mailed, must be received by Sunday, January 2, 2022
. PARTICIPATION AWARDS:
Entrants may choose whether to receive a complimentary, customized Participation Award certificate
to document their achievement.>
Participation Awards for the Top Three finishers, and new records if applicable, for each age group and gender in the Competition Category for USMS and USA-S will include special notation of their accomplishment.
> Special Recognition in the Official Results will be given the remarkable Brutes who survive two events, in either the USMS / USA-S Competition Category or the USMS Non-Competition Category.
BRUTE SQUAD "LOGO" GEAR & NEW for 2021 > Unique BRUTE SQUAD "HONOR" GEARWhat is HONOR GEAR?The Brute challenge motivates Brute Squad survivors, especially to finish! Brutes are inspired to enter for various reasons, including:
- Accomplishment of a Personal Goal
- A Coach’s Challenge
- To honor a loved one.
This year you may literally name your Brute Squad “HONOREE.” Honorees may be an individual, a group, or you, the swimmer.
The BRUTE SQUAD is comprised of three of the most difficult
events swum in Short Course Yards, for a reason!
Swimmers invest significant preparation into their Brute training.
Your Brute training is probably serving to inspire someone else.
Who has inspired your hard work?
We encourage you to take advantage of this novel opportunity to honor the source of your inspiration, including yourself!
When you purchase your HONOR Gear, you will have the
opportunity to name of your HONOREE.
Your Honoree's name will appear with the others, on the Brute
Gear "HONOR Back" See illustration to the right >>>
For more information, view more illustrations, and to purchase BRUTE SQUAD Gear and HONOR Gear, please visit:Questions? ~~ Please contact Sharon Blaha at (530) 902.8005 or BruteSquad@damfast.org.
Davis Aquatic Masters - Brute Squad (damfast.org)
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "DAVIS AQUATIC MASTERS."
Online Registration closed on 1/2/2022.