It is now Pacific Time (PDT) on .
Sun, Dec 11, 2022
Wed, Jan 18, 2023
14th Annual Ross Yancher Brute Squad Virtual Swim
USMS Only => November 1 – 30, 2022 USA-S Only => December 1 - 31, 2022
Sanctioned by Pacific Masters Swimming, Inc. for USMS, Inc., Sanction # 382-S011
BRUTE SQUAD Events ~~~ 200 yard Butterfly + 400 yard IM + 1650 yard Free
BRUTE SQUAD LITE Events ~~~ 100 yard Butterfly + 200 yard IM + 500 yard FreeNEW WAYS to be a BRUTE:
Non-Competition Category for USMS COMPETITION CATEGORY RULES FOR USMS & USA-S
NON-COMPETITION CATEGORY RULES FOR USMS
- All 3 events must be swum in the order listed above, in any 25-yard length pool.
- Each swimmer’s recorded time begins at the start of the Butterfly and stops at the end of the Freestyle. The stopwatch runs continuously. No pace clock times allowed.
- 100-yard Splits are required for all events entered. A split sheet can be found HERE
- Results and awards are based on cumulative times.
- A maximum of two swimmers may share a lane. When shared, each swimmer must stay on his/her side of the lane throughout the race. No drafting or circle swimming. (Suggestion for lane sharing: Stagger the swimmers’ starts; first swimmer completes all the Butterfly before the second swimmer starts swimming.)
- Use of equipment is not allowed, including; kickboards, paddles, buoys, snorkels, bands, wetsuits, etc.
- Swimmers may rest only on or at the pool walls, during or between events, as long as Rule 2 is followed.
- Swimmers may enter both the Brute Squad & Brute Squad Lite. Each event must be swum separately.
- USMS entrants must swim between Nov. 1 - 30, 2022. USMS entry deadline is 12/10/2022.
- Swimmer’s age is determined by her/his age on December 31, 2022.
- Age groups are: (USA-S) 8-U, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18 and (USMS) 18-24, 25-29, etc.
- USA-S entrants must swim between Dec 1 - 31, 2022, and must participate under the supervision of a certified USA Swimming Coach Member, during a designated practice. USA-S entry deadline is 1/10/2023.
← Please read carefully & thoroughly
In the spirit of USMS Rule 507.1.3 that emphasizes, “...a culture of inclusion and opportunity in USMS for people of diverse backgrounds…” the 2022 Brute Squad Swim is offering a novel Non-Competition Category.
>> For all USMS swimmers who enjoy event participation, and prefer or need to use equipment to swim... This Brute’s for You! The Non-Competition Category is offered with the following rules:
- All Competition Category Rules apply except Rules 3 and 5. Compliance with Rules 1 and 4 by all Brute Squad entrants is integral to maintaining the integrity of the Brute Squad events.
- The use of equipment is allowed, including; kickboards, paddles, buoys, snorkels, wetsuits, etc. Swimming non-legal, one-arm Butterfly is okay.
- Submission of split times and final times is optional. Swimmers may submit pace clock times. Submitted times in this category will not be eligible for records or “Top Times” lists.
All participants must follow their respective facility’s guidelines for physical distancing during this event. For your reference, CDC considerations can be found at: Steps for Healthy Swimming | Healthy Swimming | Healthy Water | CDCELIGIBILITY:
This is a USMS sanctioned event.
- USMS entrants must be registered for 2022 or 2023, or an equivalent organization for non-US swimmers.
- USA-S entrants must be currently registered with USA-Swimming.
- All entrants’ registration will be verified during online entry.
Brute Squad split sheet can be found HERE (100 splits are required)ENTRIES & FEES:
$13.00 for one event. $20.00 for two events. Fees are non-refundable. ONLINE:
paying with credit card to "DAVIS AQUATIC MASTERS”.
- USMS entry deadline is 12/10/2022. USA-S entry deadline is 1/10/2023
- Swimmers may enter any combination of TWO events, as long as the rules for each event are followed. For example, a swimmer may enter the Non-Competition Category Brute Squad and the Competition Category Brute Squad LITE.
- Swimmers planning on entering any TWO (2) events, should swim both events before entering online - this will avoid being overcharged
- If entering the Non-Competition Category, submitting split times and/or a Split Sheet is optional.
- All Brutes will receive a complimentary, customized Participation Award Certificate to document their achievement.
- Participation Awards for the Top Three finishers, and new records if applicable, for each age group and gender in the Competition Category for USMS and USA-S will include special notation of their accomplishment.
a list of Top Ten Times can be found HEREBRUTE SQUAD “LOGO” GEAR & Unique BRUTE SQUAD “HONOR” GEAR
What is HONOR GEAR?
- The Brute challenge motivates Brute Squad survivors, especially to finish! Brutes are inspired to enter for various reasons, including:
- Accomplishment of a personal goal
- A Coach’s Challenge
- To honor a loved one
- Entrants are being offered a unique opportunity to select a Brute Squad “HONOREE.” Honorees may be an individual, a group, or the swimmer her/himself.
- When you purchase HONOR Gear, you will be prompted to specify the name of your HONOREE. That name will be printed with other 2022 Brute Squad Honorees, on the back of the HONOR Gear.
~~ Please contact Event Director, Matt Zachan. firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "DAVIS AQUATIC MASTERS."
Online Registration closed on 1/18/2023.