|Important Note 5/9/2016:
The USA-Swimming portion of this event has been cancelled. Refunds will be processed prior to May 20, 2016.
Please visit www.damfast.org for an explanation of the circumstances, and to find out how you can still swim Lake Berryessa.
DAM's Annual Lake Berryessa Swim is one of the longest running open water swim events in America. Started in 1981 as a friendly lake swim, this event now attracts over 400 swimmers each year to the shores of Lake Berryessa.
Location: Steele Canyon Campground, 1605 Steele Canyon Road, Lake Berryessa, Napa, CA (map)
Course: 500 yard, 1-mile, and 2-mile single loop
Host: Davis Aquatic Masters. Race Director: Melanie Gentles, firstname.lastname@example.org
Event website: DAM Lake Berryessa Swim
Facebook: fb-DAMLake Berryessa Swim
Sanction: Sanctioned by Pacific Masters Swimming for U.S. Masters Swimming (Sanction # 386-W004). Members of USMS register here.
Conditions/Safety: Expected water temperature is 65-70 degrees. Each course is patrolled by safety craft. Individual escorts are not allowed. All swimmers must wear the provided swim cap and follow all USMS rules. Mandatory safety briefings will be held at 8:30 a.m. and at 10:15 a.m. at the information kiosk. The Event Safety Plan will be posted at the registration desk on race day and is available prior to race day by request from email@example.com.
Entries: Paper entry form is available from firstname.lastname@example.org. Online entry is provided by Club Assistant software (you are here now!).
*Mugs guaranteed only for swimmers registered by 5/12/16. Race day mugs subject to availability.
- Swim cap
- Official Berryessa Mug (classic 12 oz. glass stein - Yes, it's back by popular demand!!)*
- Post Race Refreshments
- Online Race Results
Early Bird (ends 5/4/2016)
$15 500 yd swim – 8-10 years old only
$25 1-mile or 2-mile swim
$35 Both swims
Pre-Registration (ends 6/1/2016)
$20 500 yd swim – 8-10 years old only
$30 1-mile or 2-mile swim
$40 Both swims
Race Day (6/4/2016)
$25 500 yd swim – 8-10 years old only
$35 1-mile or 2-mile swim
$45 Both swims
$3.50 additional processing fee applied to online entries.
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Online entry is paid by credit card to "ClubAssistant.com Events"
Eligibility: This event is open to USA Swimming registered swimmers or members of an equivalent FINA organization (for foreign swimmers). To register for the event, you must provide proof of current membership.
Scoring Divisions: Boys and girls in the following age groups: 8-10 (500 yd only), 11-12 (1-mile only), 13-14, 15-18.
Awards: Awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers in each designated USA-S and USMS age group.
Entry deadline: Online registration closes Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 11:59 PM (Eastern time); paper entries must be received by Wednesday, June 1, 2016. Race day registration available.
- Check-in and Race Day registration open at 7:30 a.m.
- 9:10 a.m. USA-S 500 yd
- 9:20 a.m. USA-S 2-mile
- 9:40 a.m. USMS 2-mile
- 10:50 a.m. USA-S 1-mile
- 11:10 a.m. USMS 1-mile
Other Event Details:
- Commemorative t-shirts may be purchased during event registration. Limited quantities of commemorative t-shirts will be available for purchase at the event.
- Two food trucks, Brunch Boys and Cali Love, will be onsite to satisfy you pre- & post-race cravings. Lunch plates include your choice of Main + Side + Drink made to order on race day. Menu options include: Reuben Sandwich, Pulled Pork Sandwich, Mushroom Sandwich, Mac & Cheese, Chicken Quesadilla, Bacon & Egg Burger, Tri-Tip Sliders, Veggie Sandwich, Chicken & Waffle Sandwich, and more. ONLY $15! Pre-Order to reserve a meal. Race day food subject to availability.
- Lodging: Basic campsites (no running water or electricity) are available at Steele Canyon Campground. Call 1-877-386-4383 for reservations. Full hookup camping sites are available at Pleasure Cove Marina (http://goberryessa.com, click on “Forever Resorts Marinas”). Nearest hotels are in Napa, Vacaville, or Fairfield
DAM is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports local swimming related organizations and swimmers with donations and scholarships. All proceeds support the DAM mission.
Please note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."