It is now Pacific Time (PST) on .
Tue, Apr 9, 2019
Thu, Jun 20, 2019
This competition is limited to the first 200 entrants.
Currently there are 48 entrants.
THIS IS THE USA SWIMMING (YOUTH) REGISTRATION PAGE
Masters Swimmers (adult) register HERE
9th Annual FOSTER LAKE CABLE SWIMS
½, 1, & 2-Mile Cable Swims in Sweet Home, Oregon
on Saturday, June 29, 2019
Hosted by Central Oregon Masters Aquatics
Sanctioned by Oregon LMSC for U.S. Masters Swimming, Inc.
Sanctioned by Oregon LSC for USA Swimming, Inc.
Operating under Special Use Permit from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
& the Linn County Parks & Recreation Commission
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL SWIMMERS
LOCATION & COURSE: Foster Lake is a scenic reservoir located just off U.S. Route 20 east of Sweet Home, OR. Lewis Creek Park, located on the northeast corner of the lake, will be the event venue. The course is a ¼-mile length of cable surveyed & certified accurate to national cable swim standards. Water temperature on this date has varied from 67-71º Fahrenheit and will be posted at the event.
SWIMS (in order):
2-Mile Cable swim for USA-Swimming aged 13 & over and USMS swimmers, seeded & swum concurrently.
½-Mile Cable Swim for USA-Swimming swimmers aged 11-12 only.
1-Mile Cable Swim for USA-Swimming aged 13 & over and USMS swimmers, seeded & swum concurrently.
SWIM SCHEDULE (subject to change due to conditions):
6:45am Lewis Creek Park opens for swimmers
7:15am Check-in & warm-up opens for all swims
8:00am Check-in closes for 2-Mile Swim
8:05am Mandatory pre-race meeting & marshaling for 2-Mile Swim
8:30am Start of 2-Mile Cable Swim
8:45am Check-in closes for ½-Mile Swim
9:20am Mandatory pre-race meeting & marshaling for ½-Mile Swim
9:45am Start of ½-Mile Cable Swim
10:00am Check-in closes for 1-Mile Swim
10:35am Mandatory pre-race meeting & marshaling for 1-Mile Swim
11:00am Start of 1-Mile Cable Swim
12:15pm Award Ceremony begins
12:15pm Relay entries close for Masters relays
CONSOLIDATED EVENT: Each swim will be seeded as a single swim, without regard to swimmers’ ages, gender, or sanctioning body, in the order of submitted entry times. Places, awards, and published results for these events shall be separate for each age group, gender, swimwear category, and sanctioning body.
SAFETY—OUR PRIMARY CONCERN: All swims will be unescorted. Spotters in safety boats will monitor the entire course in zone coverage and medical personnel will be on-site. Swimmers must wear a brightly-colored swim cap (we love you to wear your team cap), have their race number on their arms (or hands when wearing sleeved wetsuits), and follow all announced safety rules without exception.
WARM-UP & WARM-DOWN:
- There will be a practice cable set up in the enclosed swimming area and spotters provided there for supervised warm-up & warm-down. Swimmers under age 18 are required to swim in the enclosed area only when not racing. Adults 18 & older should swim there too; choosing to swim elsewhere is at the adult swimmer’s own risk.
- Warm up before the pre-race meeting, as swimmers go directly from this meeting to marshaling to racing!
STARTS: In all swims, swimmers will start in the water in seeded waves (10-15 swimmers each) starting 20 seconds apart. The 2-Mile & ½-Mile Swims will be contested clockwise and the 1-Mile swim will be contested counterclockwise.
ABANDONMENT: In the event of abandonment, the swim shall be re-started from the beginning at the earliest possible time and the full distance completed if conditions permit.
RESTRICTIONS: Required by USA Swimming rules; all participants please comply.
- Tobacco, non-tobacco vapor products of any kind, alcoholic beverages, and glass containers are prohibited in the marshaling area at this venue.
- Operation of a drone, or any other flying apparatus, is prohibited over this venue any time athletes, coaches, officials, and/or spectators are present.
- Use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone, is prohibited in changing areas, restrooms, or locker rooms.
- Deck changes are prohibited.
REGISTRATION—ONLINE ONLY: All entries MUST BE RECEIVED by Thursday, June 20.
Due to organization & seeding needs, late or day-of-race entries will NOT be accepted (except for masters relays, see below). Please don’t even ask.
The entire event—including all swims—is limited to the first 200 registrants. We will maintain a waiting list if early registrants drop out early enough to notify those on the waiting list.
One swim $40. Two swims $55.
Will be posted promptly after each swim, and at www.comaswim.org/foster-results.html
, and https://www.teamunify.com/SubTabGeneric.jsp?team=wzorlsc&_stabid_=149620
after the event.
With their entry, swimmers may pre-order & purchase commemorative t-shirts for $18. They will not be on sale at the event. See the Event Website below for design. T-Shirt ordering cuts off at noon on June 17th. A few extra shirts will be sold on site.
We’ll have hot water for drinks to help keep you warm before & after swims.
Swimmers will receive a post-swim meal; order vegetarian or meat with entry. Swimmers may also pre-order spectator meals (vegetarian or meat) for $12 each, in advance with your entry.
By special permission, camping at Lewis Creek Park is reserved on Friday night by registration with your entry. Tents only—sorry, no RVs, tear-drops, or pop-up trailer tents. Camping fee is $10 per tent. There is NO drop-in camping on site! There are nearby public campgrounds.
DIRECTIONS (Google: Lewis Creek Park): https://linnparks.com/parks/lewis-creek/
- From the North: Take I-5 south to exit 228. Drive east on Oregon 34 to Lebanon, then south & east on US 20 through Sweet Home. 2.2 miles past the Weyerhauser mill, turn north on Quartzville Rd.
- From the South: Take I-5 north to exit 216. Drive east on Oregon 228 to Sweet Home, then continue east on US 20. 2.2 miles past the Weyerhauser mill, turn north on Quartzville Rd.
- From the East: Take US Route 20 west over the Cascades towards Sweet Home, then turn north on Quartzville Rd.
- Final Approach: Drive 1.2 miles north on Quartzville Rd., turn left on N. River Rd, and drive .8 miles to Lewis Creek Park. Turn left into the entrance, turn right, and park in the lower lot.
Day parking costs $7 per car; please pay at park entrance. Exact change is welcome.
LODGING & OTHER CAMPING:
See Event Website (below) for options.
EVENT WEBSITE: www.comaswim.org/foster-lake.html
Bob Bruce email@example.com
INFORMATION FOR USA-SWIMMING MEMBER SWIMMERS
Open to athletes 11 years of age or older on the day of the event who are current USA-Swimming athlete members or foreign equivalents. Eligibility will be automatically verified through the online entry system. Swimmers aged 11-12 may only enter the ½-Mile swim. Swimmers aged 13 & over may enter either or both 1 & 2-Mile swims.
Current USA-Swimming rules will govern this event. Under penalty of disqualification, swimmers may not make deliberate contact with craft, craft operators, and/or any physical features on or near the course during the swim.
- Current USA-Swimming swimwear rules will govern this event.
- If the water temperature is below 68º F., swimmers may use either swimsuits or wetsuits. If the water temperature is below 64.4º F., the use of wetsuits is compulsory. The USA-Swimming wetsuit rule reads: “Wetsuits are swimsuits made of material providing thermal insulation. Wetsuits for both men and women shall completely cover the torso, back, shoulders and knees and shall not extend beyond the neck, wrists or ankles. The thickness of material(s) used shall be minimum 3mm and maximum 5mm. In addition, the outer surface of the wetsuit shall not include outstanding shapes, such as ridges, fins, etc.”
SEEDING: For the 1-Mile & 2-Mile swims, swimmers will be seeded fastest to slowest by 1650-yard pool time. For the ½-Mile swim, swimmers will be seeded fastest to slowest by 500-yard pool time. ‘No Time’ entries will not be accepted. Seeding changes will not be allowed after the heat sheet is posted. It is to your great advantage to enter a current & accurate pool time with no adjustments!
QUALIFYING TIMES: ‘No time’ entries will not be accepted.
- ½-Mile swim: Swimmers 11-12 must meet a 500-yard qualifying time of 7:00.00.
- 1 & 2-Mile swims: Swimmers 13 & over must meet a 1650-yard qualifying time of 23:30.00.
RECORDS: The course is surveyed & certified. Since this is the first year for this USA-Swimming sanctioned event, all winners will establish the course record for the age group! Swimmers wearing wetsuits are not eligible for records.
AWARDS: Custom ribbon awards to 8 places to individual swimmers in the 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, and 17 & over age groups. There will be no club scoring or awards.
LIABILITIES OR CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES: In granting this sanction it is understood and agreed that USA Swimming shall be free and held harmless from any liabilities or claims for damages arising by reason of injuries to anyone during the conduct of the event.
INFORMATION FOR MASTERS SWIMMERS
ELIGIBILITY: Open to adults 18 years of age or older on the day of the event who are current USMS members or foreign equivalents. Eligibility will be automatically verified through the online entry system. For swimmers who are not USMS members or foreign equivalents, USMS “One-Event” membership—good for both swims—is available with entry for $21. Swimmers may enter one or two swims; note that the ½-Mile swim is not open to Masters swimmers.
RULES: Current USMS rules will govern this event. Under penalty of disqualification, swimmers may not make deliberate contact with craft, craft operators, and/or any physical features on or near the course during the swim.
SWIMWEAR: Current USMS swimwear rules will govern this event.
- Category I suits are recommended, and required for relays & records.
- Category II suits—including wetsuits—are welcomed in both swims but tabulated separately from Category I suits. Swimmers wearing Category II suits are not eligible for relays & records.
- See event website for masters swimwear classification details.
For both swims, swimmers will be seeded fastest to slowest by 1650-yard (or 1500-meter) pool time. ‘No Time’ entries will not be accepted. Seeding changes will not be allowed after the heat sheet is posted. It is to your great advantage to enter a current & accurate pool time with no adjustments!
Swimmers who cannot swim 1650-yards (1500-meters) in 40 minutes MAY NOT ENTER these events. It’s for safety!
OMS SANCTION SURCHARGE:
There is a required $5 per swimmer surcharge to cover the cost of USMS-mandated sanction insurance.
For the both 1-Mile & 2-Mile swims, cumulative relays will be accepted for USMS, Oregon, and Foster Lake Course cable swim records. No Fees! Enter relays by the deadline on race day only. Bring club teammates for relays!
The course is surveyed & certified, and qualify for individual & relay records. See the event website for current records. Category I suits are required to be eligible for records.
Custom ribbon awards to three places to individual swimmers in each standard USMS age group in both Category I & II suit divisions in all events. There will be no club scoring or awards.
OREGON OPEN WATER SERIES:
Both swims are featured swims. See https://swimoregon.org/19-OMS-OW-Series-Description.pdf
for details of the Oregon Open Water Series.
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "ClubAssistant.com Events."
Online Registration closed on 6/20/2019.