It is now Pacific Time (PST) on .
Tue, May 9, 2023
Thu, Jun 15, 2023
Quicksilver Masters Fast and Free
Sanctioned by the Pacific Masters for USMS, Inc. Sanction # 383-S012 LOCATION:
Pacific Masters Swimming Long Course Meet
Saturday, June 17th, 2023
Start time: 8:00 AM warmup; 9:00 AM meet start
Check-in: 400 Free, 200 Free, and 200 IM
No same-day entries
Gunderson High School Pool, 622 Gaundabert Lane, San Jose, CA 95136.DIRECTIONS:
Take SR 85 to the Santa Teresa Blvd exit. Head south on Santa Teresa and turn right onto Thornwood Drive past the mall. Turn right on Chynoweth, and right on Gaundabert Lane onto campus. The pool is located at the back of the campus. PARKING INSTRUCTIONS:
We share the campus with other sporting events and request that athletes and spectators use the large parking lot in front of the school. There will be two rows of parking for coaches, officials, and those with mobility restrictions in the solar panel lot behind the school, next to the pool. FACILITY:
This long course meters competition will be held in an outdoor 50 meter x 25 yard pool with up to 9 lanes available for competition. A separate 8 lanes will be available for warm-up/cool down in the deep well throughout the competition. The length of the competition course, without a bulkhead, is in compliance and on file with USMS in accordance with articles 105.1.7 and 106.2.1. The primary timing system will be automatic timing. Times can be submitted for world records, USMS records, and USMS Top 10 consideration. Pacific Masters requirements for records and Top 10 consideration are the same as those for USMS. TIME:
There will be 1 (one) session on Saturday, June 17, 2023. Doors open at 7:45am. Warm-ups will open at 8:00 AM and will close at 8:55 AM. Meet start time 9:00 AM.ELIGIBILITY:
Participants must be age 18 or older as of the last day of the meet and be currently registered members of U.S. Masters Swimming. To register with USMS and obtain a USMS ID, visit: https://www.usms.org/join-usms/join-or-renew
. Foreign swimmers must provide proof of current membership in their country’s Masters Swimming governing body. RULES:
- Current USMS rules will govern the meet.
- Athletes in the 400 Free must provide their own timers.
- Teams with 10 or more participants shall fill a timer slot for the duration of the meet, beginning with the 50 Free. Lane assignments will be emailed on the Friday prior to the start of the meet.
Athletes may compete in up to 6 events. Registration for the 400 Free will close when registration for the 400 Free reaches 90 entries. Registrations for the meet will close when the meet timeline has reached 5 (five) hours. ONLINE ENTRIES:
https://www.clubassistant.com/club/meet_information.cfm?c=1889&smid=16400. There is a flat fee of $30 for meet entry. The deadline to register is Thursday, June 15, 2023 at 11:59pm. No refunds shall be made. Entries with “No Time” are not permissible. If you do not have an official time, make a best guess or ask your coach for an estimate. MAILED ENTRIES:
Shall not be accepted. Contact the Meet Director, Megan Waters, at email@example.com
if you need assistance registering online. DECK ENTRIES:
Shall not be accepted. CHECK-IN:
Athletes must check-in for the 400 Free, 200 Free
and 200 IM
. All other events shall be pre-seeded. Check-in for the 400 Free will close at 8:45am. Check-in for the 200 Free and 200 IM will close no less than 30 minutes prior to the estimated time of the start of the event.
Online check-in will be available through SwimPhone.com from Friday, June 16 at 7:30am through Saturday, June 17 at 7:30am. Athletes who do not check-in online must check-in at the meet. See above. SEEDING:
All events shall be combined gender, swum fastest to slowest. All events shall be seeded by time. SCRATCHES:
No penalty for scratches or a no-show to an event. AWARDS:
The athlete in each age group, for each gender, with the lowest cumulative time from the four freestyle events shall be presented with a small prize. Awards will not be mailed, athletes must be present to pickup their award. PSYCH SHEET:
A psych sheet will be available online and a pre-seeded heat sheet for the 50-meter and 100-meter events will be emailed to participants prior to the meet. HOSPITALITY:
Athletes are encouraged to bring their own snacks and/or meals. Snacks will be provided for Coaches and Volunteers. Lunch will be provided for Officials. MEET DIRECTOR:
Megan Waters Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours 5:00-7:00pm. MEET REFEREE:
Chris Campbell Email: email@example.com RESTRICTIONS:
- Smoking and the use of other tobacco products is prohibited on the pool deck, in the locker rooms, in spectator seating, on standing areas and in all areas used by Athletes, during the meet and during warm-up periods.
- Sale and use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in all areas of the meet venue.
- No glass containers are allowed in the meet venue.
- No propane heater is permitted except for snack bar/meet operations.
- All shelters must be properly secured (e.g. buckets and bungees).
- Deck Changes are prohibited. Restrooms are open.
- Destructive devices, to include but not limited to, explosive devices and equipment, firearms (open or concealed), blades, knives, mace, stun guns and blunt objects are strictly prohibited in the swimming facility and its surrounding areas. If observed, the Meet Referee or his/her designee may ask that these devices be stored safely away from the public or removed from the facility. Noncompliance may result in the reporting to law enforcement authorities and ejection from the facility. Law enforcement officers (LEO) are exempt per applicable laws.
- Operation of a drone, or any other flying apparatus, is prohibited over the venue (pools, Athlete/Coach areas, Spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time Athletes, Coaches, Officials and/or Spectators are present.
- Animals with the exclusion of service animals are NOT permitted on the pool deck at any time.
Warm-ups start at 8:00 AM
Meet starts at 9:00 AM
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "QUICKSILVER SWIMMING."
Online Registration closed on 6/15/2023.