|Swimmer Registration||Wed, May 1, 2024 08:00 AM||Mon, Jul 15, 2024 11:59 PM|
Ever wondered whether you could swim distance fly, back, or breaststroke? Now’s your chance to find out!
The Distance Non-Free Challenge allows you to be timed, in your own SCY, LCM, or SCM pool, for the 500, 1000, or yes, the 1650 butterfly, backstroke, or breaststroke-- or any combination of those events -- and then compare your times to others throughout our LMSC and even USMS!
1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in each category in each gender and age group (18-24 women, 25-29 men, 30-34 women etc.) will receive a special event ribbon, unless they opt out; all participants (unless they opt out) will receive a special, 2.25" diameter “distance non-free survivor” button to proudly display on their swim parka! In addition, unless they opt out, all finishers of 1650 butterfly, backstroke, or breaststroke will receive a special patch commemorating their achievement.
Male and female 1650 butterfly patches. Patches for backstroke and breaststroke are still in the design phase.
1. In water start, no diving allowed.
2. Must be a member of USMS and follow all USMS rules for the butterfly, backstroke, and/or breaststroke and turns (see linked web page for latest version of rule book).
3. The Distance Non-Free Virtual Challenge can be swum in a 25-yard (SCY), 25-meter (SCM), or 50-meter (LCM) pool, but splits and final times must be converted to SCY using the swimswam.com Classic Converter.
4. All events for the Distance Non-Free Virtual Challenge must be swum on or between May 1, 2024--June 30, 2024. All results must be submitted by July 10, 2024. Please do not register until you have swum ALL of the events you intend to enter.
5. Online entries only.
6. Swimmers may enter times for the 500, 1000, or 1650 butterfly, backstroke, or breaststroke or any combination of the nine options.
7. You may swim each event as many times as you want for faster times, but only one entry, with times for one, two, or all three events, will be accepted per swimmer.
8. Cost - $10 for one event, $15 for two or three events, $20 for more than three events.
9. You may time yourself or have someone record your time, though having someone else record your time is highly recommended for the 1000 and 1650, as you will need to record and submit your splits at 500, and 1000 yards. You may use the one-hour virtual swim split sheet posted here, or another one of your choosing.
For self-timing, a pace clock, stopwatch or smartwatch must be used. If you use a pace clock, add ".99" to your documented time. For times submitted with no tenths or hundredths, .99 seconds shall be added to the time submitted. Event director reserves the right to remove any incorrect results.
Submission of a split sheet is not required unless the swimmer is applying for an individual record. However, split sheets may be requested for verification so keep your split sheets until final results are posted. If a requested split sheet is not provided, the individual’s entry may be disqualified.
10. No more than 2 swimmers splitting the lane allowed (no circle swimming).
11. Each of the nine events described above are separate events and you need to swim each event separately. Split times from the 1650 may not be used for the 1000 or the 500 events, and split times from the 1000 may not be used for the 500.
12. Participants must follow their facility guidelines for social distancing and COVID-19 precautions during the event. For your reference, the CDC guidelines for aquatic venues can be found here.
13. Age groups: In open water and virtual swims, the eligibility of a swimmer shall be determined by the age of the swimmer on December 31 of the year of competition, except for 18-year-olds, who must be 18 on the day that they swim.
|1||500 SCY Butterfly|
|2||1000 SCY Butterfly|
|3||1650 SCY Butterfly|
|4||500 SCY Backstroke|
|5||1000 SCY Backstroke|
|6||1650 SCY Backstroke|
|7||500 SCY Breaststroke|
|8||1000 SCY Breaststroke|
|9||1650 SCY Breaststroke|
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "WWW.ALBANYARMADA.COM."