It is now Central Time (CST) on .
Sat, Mar 12, 2022
Fri, Jun 3, 2022
Graham Johnston Invitational
Long Course Masters Meet
Hosted by Dads Club Swim Team
Swimmers - don't forget the Gulf First Meet Free Promotion - make sure to tell your friends!
Sunday June 5, 2022
A Long Course Timed Finals Meet
DATE: Sunday June 5, 2022. Warm up begins at 8:00 am. The Meet will begin at 9:00 am. The meet must be over NO LATER than 1 PM to allow the pool to open for the membership. Swimmers are asked to notify the meet director prior to the heats being seeded if they plan on scratching any events they have entered.
FACILITIES: 50 meter outdoor pool with Spectrum starting platforms with adjustable track start wedges. No backstroke wedges. One or more of the 50 meter lanes will be reserved for continuous warm up and cool down. There is an additional 25 yard pool next to the competition pool that can also be used for warm up and cool down. There is a large grassy lawn. Swimmers can bring pop ups for shade. Locker rooms and bathrooms are open. There will be no concessions but swimmers are welcome to bring their own drinks and food in coolers.
POOL LENGTH: The length of the competition course without a bulkhead is in compliance and on file with USMS in accordance with articles 105.1.7 and 107.2.1.
PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Dad’s Club encourages swimmers to make their own personal health decisions regarding whether or not to wear masks on campus. Individuals who have not been vaccinated are asked to wear masks at all times except when swimming as per USMS guidelines.
- In the event the meet is cancelled, all swimmers will automatically have their registration fee refunded less credit card processing fees
- The meet must be over by 1 PM to allow the pool to open for the membership. Registration will be closed once the timeline has reached 1 PM. Please use GOOD entry times (estimated or real) so that the timeline is as accurate as possible.
- WARM UPS- both the 50 meter pool and the 25 yard pool will be open during warm ups. Swimmers must enter feet first and no equipment is allowed. Lanes 2 and 9 will be open at 8:30 for dives, one-way swimming.
- During General Warm up in the 50 Meter pool, lane 3 will be reserved for swimmers 65 and older ONLY.
TIMING SYSTEM: The primary timing system will be an automatic timing (Colorado Timing System). Times can be submitted for world records, USMS records and USMS Top 10 consideration.LOCATION: Dads Club Swim Team 1006 Voss Road, Houston, TX 77055. Swim team web site is www.dadsclub-swimteam.com. Map link to the pool - DADS CLUB MAP. PARKING: Parking is limited at the Dads Club. ALL SWIMMERS are asked to try and carpool to the meet if possible. There is NO overflow parking and people who park in the neighborhood will most likely be ticketed and towed.DIRECTIONS: Take I-10 and exit the Bingle/Voss exit. Facility is just west of Bingle on the North side of I-10. Turn on Voss just past the sound barrier wall. Entrance is immediately on your right.SANCTION: Sanctioned by Gulf Master Swim Committee for USMS, Inc Sanction Number XXXXXX. Times achieved at the meet will be submitted to USMS and eligible for Top Ten and USMS and FINA National and World records.RULES: Current USMS Long Course Rules will govern the conduct of the meet.ELIGIBILITY: Open to all currently registered USMS swimmers, ages 18 and over as of December 31, 2022 (Note: a competitor who is 18 years old must be 18 as of June 5, 2022). Swimmers not currently registered with USMS will be given an opportunity to register with USMS while doing their online entry.ENTRIES: All entries, except relays, will be done online. A maximum of 5 individual events may be entered. Enter with long course meter times or convert your yard times to long course meters. Swimmers may not enter with No Time.PLEASE ENTER WITH GOOD REAL OR APPROXIMATE TIMES. THE SESSION ENDS AT 1 PM. A Psych sheet will be sent out after entries close and swimmers are asked to notify the meet director prior to seeding the meet if they know in advance that they will not be swimming ANY OR ALL of the events that they entered. We are trying to avoid empty lanes.FEES: Meet entry fee is $45. Online entry deadline is 11:59 PM on Thursday June 2, 2022 OR WHENEVER THE SESSION HAS REACHED 1 PM, WHICHEVER ONE COMES FIRST. There will be no paper entries or deck (day of) entries.SEEDING: All events EXCEPT THE 400 IM and the 400 & 1500 FREE will be pre-seeded. The 400 IM, 400 & 1500 Free will require positive check in and will be deck seeded. ALL individual events will have women and men seeded together. All events, except the 1500 free, will be swum slowest to fastest. The 1500 will be swum fastest to slowest.POSITIVE CHECK IN: The 400 IM, 400 & 1500 Free will require positive check in. The deadlines to check in for each event are as follows:
- Results will be on SwimPhone (free) and Meet Mobile (paid for app). They will also be posted at the meet.
- As per the new USMS guidelines from May 26, 2021, the screening form will no longer be required. Swimmers should screen themselves and not attend if sick.
Swimmers who do not check in by the above deadlines will be scratched from the events and not allowed to swim.MEET PROGRAMS: This is a Green meet. No meet programs will be printed to be handed out. The Meet Program (heat sheet) will be emailed out on Saturday before the meet. The heat and lane assignments will be posted on the fences near the pool but swimmers are asked to print and bring their own copies if needed.RESULTS: Results will be posted during the meet on MeetMobile and SwimPhone. Hard copies will also be posted at the meet. Final results will be posted on the Gulf Masters Web Site and USMS.AWARDS: Personal satisfaction for a job well done.MEET REFEREE: Herb SchwabQUESTIONS: Meet Director Nicole Christensen email@example.com
- 400 Free 8:30 AM
- 400 IM Beginning of the 200 IM, event 6
- 1500 Free Beginning of the 400 IM, event 14
ORDER OF EVENTS
*Swimmers may enter up to 5 individual events. All times will be assumed to be Long Course Meter times. Please convert yard times to meters. Swimmers may enter with no time or NT.
* DUE TO TIME CONSTRAINTS, THE 800 FREE WILL NOT BE OFFERED.
* Swimmers MUST provide their own counters for the 1500 Free. There will be NO volunteer counters at the meet.
* Swimmers who want their official 800 time from the 1500 free must fill out a Split Request Verification form prior to the event being swum.* The two relay events (400 Medley events 7,8 & 9 and the 400 Free events 15, 16 & 17) may be combined into one heat depending on number of entries. Please plan accordingly and do not enter the same person in both a mixed and single gender relay in either the 400 Medley relay or the 400 Free relay. No breaks will be inserted due to time limitations. *
Warm-ups start at 8:00 AM
Meet starts at 9:00 AM
Meet is estimated to end at 1:00 PM
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "CREATIVE WATERS EVENTS."
Online Registration closed on 6/3/2022.