It is now Eastern Time (EDT) on .
Mon, Jan 30, 2023
Wed, Mar 8, 2023
This competition is limited to the first 200 entrants.
Currently there are 188 entrants.
SANCTIONING: Sanctioned by Delaware Valley LMSC for USMS Inc. Sanction Number 083-S002
LIABILITY: In granting this recognition, it is understood and agreed that United States Masters Swimming, Inc., Delaware Valley LMSC, Upper Dublin School District and all meet officials, staff and volunteers shall be held harmless from any and all liabilities or claims for damages by reason of injuries to anyone during the conduct of this meet, which includes warm-up sessions.
HOSTED BY: Delaware Valley Local Masters Swimming Committee (DV LMSC)
MEET DIRECTOR: Jeremy Gross, Chair, DV LMSC, firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-779-9366
- Upper Dublin High School
- 800 Loch Alsh Avenue, Fort Washington, PA 19034 Google Map.
- Upper Dublin High School Natatorium.
- 40 yd, 10-lane pool with movable bulkhead, non-turbulent lane lines.
- Water depth is 13 feet at the start end and is 7 feet at the turn end. Pool will be configured for 25-yards short course with a 4-lane 25-yard warm-up/warm-down area available throughout competition.
- Electronic timing will be used with a 10-lane display.
- Seating for up to 400 spectators and swimmers, there is no direct access to the pool deck from the bleachers
- Parking is available in the lot in front of the pool entrance
ATHLETES WITH DISABILITIES: Swimmers with a disability are welcome to enter this meet. The participant or coach must alert the meet director and the meet referee as to the need for any special accommodations or seeding arrangements at the time the entry is submitted. Please email email@example.com directly regarding any necessary accommodations.
- This meet is open to all currently (2023) USMS-registered athletes aged 18 and older. If you are not an active member, you may join at USMS.org/join. USMS Membership is verified upon online sign-up via Club Assistant.
- A swimmer’s age for this meet will be determined by their age on the date of competition.
ENTRIES FOR INDIVIDUAL EVENTS:
- This meet will be held in a short course yards (25-yard) pool and governed by 2022 USMS rules.
- Events are pre-seeded slowest to fastest, independent of age or gender. All events will be timed final events (rule 102.10.1).
- The length of the competition course is on file with USMS and complies with USMS articles 105.1.7 and 106.2.1.
- Times from this competition will be eligible for USMS records and USMS Top-10 consideration in accordance USMS Rule 103.18.5 as an automatic primary timing system will be used with button and a minimum of one watch will be used for each lane.
ENTRIES FOR RELAY EVENTS:
- A flat fee of $20 for DV LMSC Members covers meet entry, all individual events and a free meet T-Shirt
- A flat fee of $30 for USMS members NOT registered with DV LMSC covers meet entry and all individual events. An optional charge of $10 will be offered at sign-up for a meet T-Shirt
- Swimmers are limited to five (5) individual events.
- Event fees are collected and processed via ClubAssistant.com upon registration and are non-refundable and non-transferrable. No deck entries.
- Please estimate your entry time for all events to allow for proper seeding.
- Online registration deadline is Wednesday, March 8, 11:59PM. THERE WILL BE NO EXTENSIONS.
EVENT SEEDING: All events will be seeded slowest to fastest, regardless of age and sex.
- There are three deck-entered relay events. Each relay event will include a men’s, women’s and mixed (2-men, 2-women) events. Swimmers may only compete in one relay per event (i.e. you cannot swim the 200-free mixed relay as well as the 200-free men’s or women’s relay.)
- There will be no charge for relays.
- Relay cards will be available at the Announcer’s table and must include swimmer’s names and ages in the correct relay order as well as the team represented.
- Only USMS members registered with the same USMS team may compete in relays (no unattached relays). All relay participants must be registered for at least one individual event.
- Please enter relay events #4 and #10 prior to the start of event #1 to allow time for seeding. Entries for Event #19 should be submitted prior to event #11
GENDER AND AGE GROUPS:
- Individual Events: Male and Female, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, etc., in 5-year increments.
- Relay Events: Male, Female and Mixed, 18+, 25+, 35+, 45+, 55+, 65+, 75+, etc. in 10-year increments. The age of the youngest relay team member shall determine the age group. Relay teams must swim in the oldest age group for which they are eligible. Example, if your team has swimmers aged 25, 35, 45 and 55 you must enter the 25+ age group.
DELAWARE VALLEY LMSC SCY CHAMPIONSHIP SCORING:
- Warm-up will be from 9:00 am to 9:50 am in the main competition course. The pool will be cleared 10 minutes before the start of the meet.
- Diving permitted ONLY in designated 1-way sprint lanes, which will be announced during warm-up.
- In addition, lanes will be open for warm-up/down throughout the meet.
- Additional 10- to 15-minute warm-up sessions may be added during competition at the discretion of the meet director to manage the pace of the meet.
- The top-12 point scorers from each team (men & women combined), plus the top 2 relay finishes from each relay event from each DV LMSC team will be totaled. The DV LMSC team with the highest point total will be crowned DV LMSC Champion.
- Swimmers and clubs from outside of DV LMSC are welcome to compete, but only teams from DV LMSC will be scored for championship points.
- Individual places 1-8 scored as follows: 9-7-6-5-4-3-2-1.
- Relay places 1-8 scored as follows: 18-14-12-10-8-6-4-2. Relay scoring is limited to top 3 relay finishes per team for each relay event; relay entries can be all men, all women, or mixed.
- Teams are competing for the annual Delaware Valley LMSC SCY Champions Title. Teams will be awarded with plaques for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Encourage your fellow swimmers to sign-up and support DV LMSC and your TEAM!
MEET NOTIFICATIONS: In the event of inclement weather, facility, or other issues, please check the Delaware Valley Masters Swimming Facebook page and/or website for immediate news. Every attempt will be made to communicate to all registered swimmers via email as well.SOCIAL:
- Results are posted on the USMS Website http://www.dvmasters.org under results tab usually within 2 weeks following the meet.
- A PDF of electronic results will also be e-mailed to all participants.
- Meet info will be available via SwimPhone, MeetMobile and posted to USMS.org.
- Separate results will be reported by gender and age group.
- We are looking to coordinate a post-meet pizza social in the lobby after the meet. If you are interested, please select the appropriate radio button (yes/no) when registering so we can get a pizza count.
FACILITY RULES: Do not swim under the bulkhead!
Warm-ups start at 9:00 AM
Meet starts at 10:00 AM
Meet is estimated to end at 3:00 PM
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "DVMASTERS LMSC."
Online Registration closed on 3/8/2023.