It is now Pacific Time (PDT) on .
Fri, Jun 2, 2023
Wed, Jul 12, 2023
Relay-Only Individual Registration
Thu, Jul 13, 2023
Sun, Jul 16, 2023
Relay Team Registration
Mon, Jul 17, 2023
Sat, Jul 22, 2023
Relay Team Online Registration closed at 11:59 PM on Sat, Jul 22, 2023.
Pacific Masters Swimming Long Course Championships
July 21 – 23, 2023
Sanctioned by the Pacific Masters for USMS, Inc. Sanction # 383-S014Location:
Friday, July 21; Warm-ups 7:30 am, Meet starts at 8:30 am
Saturday, July 22, and Sunday, July 23; Warm-ups 7:30 am, Meet starts at 9:00 am
Check in: only for 1500 Free, 400 IM, 800 Free, 400 Free
Deck Entries: Only for Relay Entries
Miwok Aquatics Center, Indian Valley College. 1800 Ignacio Blvd., Novato, CA 94949NO SINGLE USE PLASTIC:
Miwok Aquatic Center/Indian Valley College has a NO SINGLE USE PLASTIC POLICY on campus. Please help us follow the rules and bring only reusable water bottles into the facility. We will have free water bottle filler stations on deck and canned water available for purchase.Directions: From Southbound Highway 101:
Take Ignacio Boulevard exit, turn right onto Ignacio Boulevard at the light, go straight approximately two miles, enter Indian Valley Campus. Pool is in the center of campus. From Northbound Highway 101:
Take Ignacio Boulevard exit, go left and cross over 101, go straight approximately two miles, enter Indian Valley Campus. Pool is in the center of Campus.Parking:
Parking requires a permit on Friday and Saturday, except in upper lot #5. On Sunday parking is free in all lots. To purchase a parking pass, there are machines in each lot and a QR code to pay by phone. Please secure vehicles and contents. The Marin Community College District, the Marin Aquatics Masters, nor Pacific Masters Swimming, take ANY responsibility for damages or theft to any vehicles or personal belongings.Facility:
Miwok Aquatic Center. 25 yard x 50-meter outdoor heated pool. Eight (8) lanes are available for competition. The length of the competition course without a bulkhead is in compliance with and on file with USMS in accordance with articles 105.1.7 and 106.2.1. There will be six (6) lanes for warm up and cool down. Locker rooms and additional restrooms are available. The primary timing system will be automatic timing. Times from this competition will be eligible for world record, USMS record, and and Top 10 consideration. Pacific Masters requirements for records and Top 10 consideration are the same as those for USMS.Timing Chairs During Meet:
Participating teams will be assigned timing chairs according to the number of their swimmers entered in the meet. Teams shall be advised of their timing responsibilities approximately 1 week before the meet starts. Time:Friday, July 21, 2023:
Warmups at 7:30 am, meet begins at 8:30 am. Saturday, July 22, 2023, and Sunday, July 23, 2023:
Warmups at 7:30 am, meet begins at 9:00 am. Rules & Eligibility:
Current USMS rules will govern the meet. All participants must be age 18 or older as of the last day of the meet and be currently registered members of U.S. Masters Swimming. Foreign swimmers shall contact the meet director to facilitate their entries and must provide proof of current membership in their country’s Masters Swimming governing body.Entry Limits:
Maximum of 6 events per day, 7 events for three-day meet, excluding relays. This meet is long course (LC) meters. To convert SC yard times to LC meters times, conversion tables can be found at swiminfo.com
1500 Free – capped at 9 heats (72 swimmers total, men and women together)
800 Free – capped at 6 heats (48 swimmers total, men and women together)
400 Free – capped at 10 heats (80 swimmers total, men and women together)Online Entries:
- Individual entries close Wednesday, July 12, 2023 11:59 pm.
- Swimmers entering relays only must register online (no charge) between Thursday, July 13 and Sunday, July 16, 2023 11:59 pm.
- Relay Teams may be entered online beginning Monday, July 17, 2023 and closing Saturday, July 22, 2023 11:59 pm.
No late or individual deck entries will be accepted. Relays may be deck entered. Relay deck entries will close approximately 90 minutes before the estimated start of the specific relay block.Entry Fees for Individual Events:
$22 per one event, $48 for 2-4 events, and $55 for 5-7 events. No refunds will be made.Mailed Entries:
No paper entries for individual events shall be accepted. If you cannot enter online, please contact Shari Cruse (Meet Director) at (415) 302-4466, firstname.lastname@example.org
, before July 10, 2023.Deck Entries:
Only for relay teams (relay team members must already be entered either as relay-only or individual swims).Check In:
This is a partially pre-seeded meet. Swimmers are considered checked-in for all individual events with 200 yards and less. Online check-in on Swimphone.com
will be available as follows:
In person check-in closing times below:
- 1500 Free and 400 IM: from 6:00pm July 20, 2023 until 5:00 am July 21, 2023
- 800 Free: from 6 pm July 21, 2023 to 5 am July 22, 2023
- 400 Free: from 6 pm July 22, 2023 to 5 am July 23, 2023
|Event 1 1500 Free
|Event 3 Women’s 400 IM
|Event 4 Men’s 400 IM
|Event 29 800 Free
|Event 53 400 Free
Athletes who do not check-in will not be seeded and will not be allowed to compete in that event.Seeding:
All events shall be swum fastest to slowest. Because this is a Championship meet, NT (No Time) entries are not allowed. Women and Men will swim together for the 1500 Free Mixed Event (event 1) and 800 Free Mixed Event (event 29), and 400 Free (event 55). Relays:
Swimmers may swim in either the gender or mixed relay of a particular type, but not both. Cards must show correct first and last names and correct age for each swimmer. Relay swimmers not participating in individual events must enter online (no charge). Teams are encouraged to enter relays online and Teams may pay relay fees online as well. Online Relay entry instructions will be sent to the coaches in a separate email. Coaches may contact the meet director for additional assistance if necessary. Relay Entry Fees:
Relay entry fees are $10.00 per entered relay
. Relay entries are required 90 minutes prior to relay events being swum.Scoring:
Individual Events: 21-19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 and double for relays for each age group. Note: Only 2 relays per club may score per age group of a relay.Awards:
Ribbons will be presented to first through eighth place. High point awards for each gender and age group. Team awards will be given for the top three teams in large, medium, and small groups.Psych Sheet and Program:
Emailed to all participants prior to start of meet. Hospitality:
A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided for all working officials at the meet. Snack bar:
Healthy food and beverage options available.Meet Director:
Shari Cruse, email@example.com
(415) 302-4466Meet Referee: Hotels: Courtyard by Marriott:
1400 Hamilton Parkway, Novato. Best Western Plus Novato Oaks Inn:
215 Alameda del Prado, Novato Four Points by Sheraton:
1010 Northgate Drive, San Rafael. Restrictions:
- Smoking and the use of other tobacco products is prohibited on the pool deck, in the locker rooms, in spectator seating, on standing areas, parking lots, and in all areas used by athletes, during the meet and during warm-up periods.
- Sale and use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in all areas of the meet venue.
- No glass containers are allowed in the meet venue.
- No propane heater is permitted except for snack bar/meet operations.
- All shelters must be properly secured. Please do not use stakes in the landscaping due to irrigation system.
- Destructive devices, to include but not limited to, explosive devices and equipment, firearms (open or concealed), blades, knives, mace, stun guns and blunt objects are strictly prohibited in the swimming facility and its surrounding areas. If observed, the Meet Referee or his/her designee may ask that these devices be stored safely away from the public or removed from the facility. Noncompliance may result in the reporting to law enforcement authorities and ejection from the facility. Law enforcement officers (LEO) are exempt per applicable laws.
- Operation of a drone, or any other flying apparatus, is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
- Animals with the exclusion of Registered Service Animals are NOT permitted on the pool deck at any time. If you have a Registered Service Animal, please check in with the Meet Director upon entry of the facility.
Women’s events are numbered (Odd) and Men’s events are numbered (Even). The 1500, 800 and 400 Free events will be combined women and men (mixed).
Friday, July 21, 2023 -
Warm-ups start at 7:30 AM
Meet Session starts at 8:30 AM
Saturday, July 22, 2023 -
Warm-ups start at 7:30 AM
Meet Session starts at 9:00 AM
Sunday, July 23, 2023 -
Warm-ups start at 7:30 AM
Meet Session starts at 9:00 AM
Note: If paying by credit card, your credit card statement will reflect a charge from "Marin Aquatic Masters."
Online Registration closed on 7/12/2023.