*** ALL ENTRIES CLOSE MAY 24, 2017 11:59 PM ET (No Day-of Entries) ***
*** STANDARD FEES TERMINATE 05/19/2017 11:59 PM ET ***
*** LATE FEES ARE IN EFFECT 05/20/2017 - 5/24/2017 ***
*** SEE FEE SCHEDULE BELOW FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION ***
Sanction: Sanctioned by Potomac Valley LMSC for USMS, Inc., Sanction #:107-W001
Location: Lake Audubon, Reston, VA
Course Map: 1-mile open water course (map)
Host: Reston Masters Swim Team
Event website: JMLS Event Information
Facebook: JMLS Facebook Page
Info: Lin-Mark Computer Sports Email: email@example.com
Timing and scoring:Lin-Mark Sports (Chronotrack authorized timing company)
- Online Entries: This event will use online entries only — No Paper Entries
- Payment: Online entries are paid by credit card to "ClubAssistant.com Events".
- Eligibility: Event is open to U.S. Masters registered swimmers 18 years and older or Masters Swimming members of a FINA member federation. To register for the event, you must provide proof of current membership or purchase a One Event registration (OEVT). You may take care of membership registration during your event entry process.
- OEVT Instructions: During online registration you will pay the OEVT fee of $30. That will complete your One Event registration.
Events offered (to be swum in the order listed):
You may enter all three swims offered.
Chip timing for all swims.
Saturday, May 27: Open Water briefing plus Practice Swim
- Open Water Briefing: Prior to the practice swim, there will be an open water briefing followed by a Q&A session.
- 1-Mile Practice swim on race course (time limit 50 minutes after last wave starts)
Sunday, May 28: Race Day
- 1-mile Race (entry limit 400; time limit 50 minutes after last wave starts)
- 2-mile Race (entry limit 400; time limit 90 minutes after last wave starts)
- Standard Entries: Standard entry deadline is 11:59 pm on May 19, 2017
- Late Entries: Late entry deadline is 11:59 pm on May 24, 2017. Late entries are subject to double fees as defined under Fee Schedule below.
- Seeding: All swimmers will be seeded according to their entry times. (NEW)
- Late Entry Seeding: Swimmers registered after May 19 are not guaranteed seeding according to their entry times.
- Note: There will be no day of entries this year.
Fee schedule: There are no refunds and no selling of slots in race.
Standard Fees (by May 19)
Late Fees (May 20 - 24)
$30 Event Entry Fee (required)
|$60 Event Entry Fee (required)
$1.50 Online Entry Service Fee (required)
|$1.50 Online Entry Service Fee (required)
|$30 OEVT Fee (One-Event Registration Fee)
||$30 OEVT Fee (One-Event Registration Fee)
|$15 1-Mile Practice Swim (Saturday)
||$30 1-Mile Practice Swim (Saturday)
|$40 Per Race Entry (Sunday)
||$80 Per Race Entry (Sunday)
Online entries are paid by credit card to "ClubAssistant.com Events".
- Seeding: Swims are seeded fast to slow using the 1650 yard time. Seeding is by waves with 25 swimmers per wave. Swimmers entered after May 19 are not guaranteed to be seeded with swimmers entered by May 19.
- Timing Chips: Participants in races and practice swim will wear timing chips.
- Temperature Restrictions: No wetsuits or heat retaining swimwear in water above 78 degrees. If swimmers are not able to meet the requirements for CAT I swimwear, then they may swim in CAT II with non-heat retaining swimwear and other swimwear configurations allowed in CAT II (see Swimwear Categories below).
- Scoring Divisions for Races: Scoring divisions are divided by gender, five year age groups and swimwear category. All scoring divisions in a race swim simultaneously, but are scored separately. You may swim in only one scoring division for each race distance. You may change your Swimwear Category at the starting line.
- Swimwear Categories: USMS Category I (CAT I): swimsuits shall be made from textile materials; may not be buoyant or heat retaining; for both men and women, the swimsuit shall not cover the neck and shall not extend past the shoulder nor below the ankles. USMS Category II (CAT II): all other swimsuits, including wetsuits; no restriction on coverage. There are other differences, which you should be familiar with, so there are no surprises on race day. Swimwear categories are defined in "Article 303.7.2 Swimwear for Open Water Events" (www.usms.org/rules/part3.pdf, 2017 USMS Rule Book, pg 69).
- Practice Swim Times: There will be no scoring for place for the practice swim. Times will be published in alphabetical order.
- Awards: Awards will be given to 1st through 3rd place for age group scoring divisions.
- T-shirts: Each 1-mile or 2-mile race participant will receive a maximum of one t-shirt with their entry.
- Food: Lunch and drinks will be provided on Sunday only. Please remember to also bring your own fluids.
- Host Hotel: Marriott Courtyard Herndon Reston, Rooms available at $89 per night for May 26-28 on the Marriott Reservation System. Book by May 5th, 2017 to get the special rate. Click Here to make a Reservation on-line or call and ask at 1 800 321 2211 or (703)-478-9400 for the Jim McDonnell Lake Swim Room Block at the Courtyard Herndon Reston located at 533 Herndon Parkway, Herndon VA 20170-5226
- Benefit: The Jim McDonnell Lake Swims donate a portion of the event proceeds to charity. The 2016 recipients were Lymphoma Research Foundation and Cornerstones of Reston.